bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
Thanked by
MaxPenRS
April 14th, 2019 at 4:50:35 PM permalink
Seriously, I have chuckled at seeing a couple of our friends now using the Putin avatar. I think it's funny, seriously. It doesn't bother me in the least because I know that the people using it know the true history and nature of Putin. That's what makes it funny. I guess it's called dark humor.

But it reminded me of something I did once while playing on Poker Stars years ago. There was a player at my table who was using Pol Pot as his/her avatar. Now this was different. Here, the people using Putin, I know they are good guys and just being funny. But the person on Stars who was using Pol Pot, I have no idea who it was and it kinda pissed me off. What really annoyed me was that Stars was ok with it, or more probably oblivious to it. So you know what I did? I snitched him off. I'm not normally a rat, but I felt compelled. I wrote to Stars and asked them if they would allow a player to use Hitler as one's avatar. lol Next day, the guy had a completely different avatar. lmao I hope he was Cambodian, even a real member of the Khmer Rouge. I mean, wtf would want Pol Pot as his avatar? Seek help.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 14th, 2019 at 5:30:44 PM permalink
Glad to bring a chuckle to anyone. I wonder what you would do with someone using an Idi Amin avatar. On second thought, I would say Pol Pot was the worst of the 2.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 14th, 2019 at 5:39:06 PM permalink
Я делаю все, чтобы служить Родине России.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
April 14th, 2019 at 5:47:53 PM permalink
Snitches get stitches.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 14th, 2019 at 5:54:03 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Glad to bring a chuckle to anyone. I wonder what you would do with someone using an Idi Amin avatar. On second thought, I would say Pol Pot was the worst of the 2.

Putin is funny, because of the context we have seen in the news since Trump has been elected. In truth, I have to respect Putin, not for being a nice guy, of course, but for what he really is. The ultimate Machiavellian, only the most BRILLIANT rise to the top under the Soviet system. The most brilliant, the most cunning, the most ruthless, Putin is a political genius. In my opinion, Putin calls the shots over most of the globe, even in China, though many will laugh at my saying that. Do not forget that it was Stalin who put Mao and Cho in power, they were Stalin's agents. Stalin was the man. Just like now, Putin is the man. But everyone answers to someone. Sometimes that someone is "invisible".

I've been giving consideration to an avatar that I could use. I still haven't decided. I doubt if many would recognize George Orwell.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 14th, 2019 at 5:56:50 PM permalink
Quote: RS

No comprendo. I hope you're trying to tell me of the location of a good progressive.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 14th, 2019 at 5:57:54 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Snitches get stitches.

Yep. I was a dirty rat.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 14th, 2019 at 7:46:45 PM permalink
Quote: RS

где - азартная игра преимущества?
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
April 14th, 2019 at 7:50:51 PM permalink
РС любит, когда Аксель наклоняется перед ним.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 86
April 14th, 2019 at 8:28:58 PM permalink
I just saw an article about how Chelsea Handler says Putin has more First Amendment rights than she—because he can be seen on social media riding a horse and exposing his nipples while a Handler photo in the same pose gets removed.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 14th, 2019 at 8:44:55 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I just saw an article about how Chelsea Handler says Putin has more First Amendment rights than she—because he can be seen on social media riding a horse and exposing his nipples while a Handler photo in the same pose gets removed.

No problem. Chelsea Handler = Moscow = Next flight.
She can have all the freedom she deserves over there.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
April 14th, 2019 at 9:30:52 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

No problem. Chelsea Handler = Moscow = Next flight.
She can have all the freedom she deserves over there.

Any references to support the idea that any attempt to enter a foreign country automatically grants a person all the freedoms that everyone else in that country has? Because if that's true, we can just erase the past few years of American political history as completely meaningless -- all discussion about immigration policy can end now that we know anyone with a plane ticket has all the freedoms in the world
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 14th, 2019 at 11:45:34 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Any references to support the idea that any attempt to enter a foreign country automatically grants a person all the freedoms that everyone else in that country has? Because if that's true, we can just erase the past few years of American political history as completely meaningless -- all discussion about immigration policy can end now that we know anyone with a plane ticket has all the freedoms in the world

Not sure I follow you. Man is not endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights in Russia. He may get a speedy trip to Siberia, but there's no speedy trial. No phone call either. I suspect Chelsea Handler knows that already.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 15th, 2019 at 12:47:28 AM permalink

I've been giving consideration to an avatar that I could use. I still haven't decided. I doubt if many would recognize George Orwell.

I think more people would recognize Orwell than Augusto Pinochet.😂
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 15th, 2019 at 12:51:39 AM permalink

Wasn’t he that guy that played Balki on Perfect Strangers?
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 15th, 2019 at 5:21:21 AM permalink

I started to put up Moise Tshombe, another hero and probably even less recognized. He was trying to save the Congo from the commies when Putin was a mere teenager starting law school. Very pro-Western, a Christian, Trump would have loved him.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 15th, 2019 at 5:52:33 AM permalink
Delete
I am a robot.
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
RS
April 15th, 2019 at 6:14:25 AM permalink

No comprendo. I hope you're trying to tell me of the location of a good progressive.

Google translate gives "I do my best to serve the motherland Russia."

Dog Hand
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
Boz
April 15th, 2019 at 7:58:18 AM permalink

Seriously, I have chuckled at seeing a couple of our friends now using the Putin avatar. I think it's funny, seriously. It doesn't bother me in the least

Why would a Putin avatar bother anybody?

Doesn’t seem in the least bit offensive to me. What am I missing?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
ams288
April 15th, 2019 at 8:29:17 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Why would a Putin avatar bother anybody?

Doesn’t seem in the least bit offensive to me. What am I missing?

You should make your avatar a picture of an evil dictator like the rest of us kool kats.

Edit: Nevermind, you already did. ;)
  • Jump to: