Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
March 15th, 2019 at 11:38:11 AM permalink
This thread is 86 pages of baiting, trolling, and slurs from all political sides. Nothing "In The News" about it. Just escalation of nasty rhetoric using selective articles from news sources.

It's also a duplicate of a thread (both title and content) at DT. Most of those posting here are fighting the same battles from there.

49 people murdered today, another 40 injured, and this is the conversation in this thread. The same kind of poison that underlies the attack, according to the killer's manifesto. We don't need it here.

This thread is closed for 72 hours in remembrance of the slaughtered. I will advise whether it will reopen at that time, after consulting the other mods.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1184
March 15th, 2019 at 1:54:15 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This thread is closed for 72 hours in remembrance of the slaughtered. I will advise whether it will reopen at that time, after consulting the other mods.

I agree with this action. Meanwhile, all are invited to resume the discussion here or here. DT is less regulated than here and was created to be a parallel site to this one for political and religious topics.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
March 18th, 2019 at 9:17:32 AM permalink
Concensus among mods is to leave this closed, and take such discussions to the thread at DT.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

• Jump to: