darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 296
December 15th, 2018 at 1:41:31 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

The option is actually very good if you have a group of eight to ten. You only need a one day pass, not two ,which saves eight to ten admissions, and eliminates the need to stay multiple nights at their overpriced hotels.
I thought it was nuts at first, but when you break down the numbers it works very well. It comes down to do you want to schelp around Disney for two or three days or be treated like Royalty for a day.
Now if you are two or four people, it is very expensive. Eight to ten it's not.

I agree

Although it does appear to be an add-on option after all. I just looked it up and separate park admissions are required so VIP is an add-on experience after all
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
RogerKintRSFinsRule
December 15th, 2018 at 1:53:45 PM permalink
Why do grown ups go to Disney land?

What do you do there?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 15th, 2018 at 2:08:08 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

What do you do there?

Stand in line and suffer in silence for the sake of the kid.
darkoz
darkoz 
December 15th, 2018 at 2:19:19 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Stand in line and suffer in silence for the sake of the kid.

Are you kidding?

Usually its the kids suffering in line because I want to get on the ride and the long lines to the kids seem insufferable

My kids are just an excuse for me to go

Anyone who doesnt like DisneyWorld is both unamerican and inhuman

Also probably hates kids long lines high prices and all the associated fun that goes with it
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 15th, 2018 at 2:50:27 PM permalink

What do you do there?

I go every year (Disney World), sometimes twice a year.

I could spend 10 days there and still not have done everything.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
December 15th, 2018 at 3:07:02 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Are you kidding?

Usually its the kids suffering in line because I want to get on the ride and the long lines to the kids seem insufferable

Also probably hates kids long lines high prices and all the associated fun that goes with it

I like roller coasters, though it's been years. I'm down for six flags tomorrow.

Puttering along at 4mph to look at singing dolls? Pass.

Last time I went I think I was 12 and I. felt too old.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 15th, 2018 at 3:12:43 PM permalink

What do you do there?

Meet strangers on line and realize how good we have it when we eat elsewhere.
My first trip to Disneyland ended with the park closing in a measles or mumps scare. My next trip was supposed to be for the opening day of Epcot, which was a huge deal at the time. Disney pushed it back at almost the last minute. I doubt I'll ever get there, nor do I have any desire. If I ever go to Orlando, it will be for the Hulk roller coaster.
My luck with thrill parks is amazing. My last trip to Great Adventures, someone got injured on the Superman coaster andf they shut that down for the day.
Just as well. Nothing will top Action Park( Traction Park to those in the know).

Action Park featured three separate attraction areas: the Alpine Center, Motorworld, and Waterworld. The latter was one of the first modern American water parks.[2] Many of its attractions were unique, attracting thrill-seekers from across the New York metropolitan area. Action Park's popularity went hand-in-hand with a reputation for poorly designed rides, under-trained, under-aged staff,[3] intoxicated guests and staff, and a consequently poor safety record. At least six people are known to have died as a result of mishaps on rides at the park, and it was given nicknames such as "Traction Park",[3] "Accident Park", and "Class Action Park".[4]

There was a ride there that was a down hill slalom, but you were in a gas powered go cart. They had a governor that was supposed to keep you to around 15 miles an hour but you could bribe the underage staff with beers or a joint and they'd disable it for you so it was twice as fast. It was a rare group trip that didn't result in at least one ER visit.
Last edited by: billryan on Dec 15, 2018
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
December 15th, 2018 at 3:29:12 PM permalink

What do you do there?

scouting
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
December 15th, 2018 at 3:42:34 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

scouting

scouting for boys?

:o)

There's a useful chapter on stalking

:o)

Actually, what a dreadful book
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 15th, 2018 at 4:00:53 PM permalink
I went to six flags when I was in high school with a bunch of friends. It must've been labor day or one of them holidays near the beginning of the school year. We figured it was going to be busy AF, but it turns out it was just the exact opposite -- literally no lines. Walked straight up, got on the ride, with plenty of empty seats on the ride, because of how few people were there. Got off the ride.....maybe 5 people waiting in line, so we'd just get right back on the ride. I don't remember any of the ride names, other than maybe "X" or "Superman", but went on them 3 times in a row, easily. After that, had to go do some other rides, because they get a bit monotonous after a few rides on it.

But that's six flags, which I'd say is a legitimate(ly?) fun roller coaster/theme park. Disneyland? Ehhh, that's a bit of a stretch, at least for adults. Disneyland was fun as a kid, although I don't remember it particularly well, other than the rides were kinda lame. Even the Matterhorn, which I reckon is/was supposed to be the "most fun" ride was just so-so.
billryan
billryan
December 15th, 2018 at 4:06:04 PM permalink
One year we hit Great Adventures( Six flags) for its closing weekend. Everything was half off and it was empty. You could get off one ride and get on another. What a pleasure. That $3 hotdog tasted much better when it was a buck and a half.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
RogerKint
December 15th, 2018 at 5:29:30 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Are you kidding?

Reality
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 15th, 2018 at 6:13:34 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Some disabled vets had a small cottage industry, hiring out to tourists. Groups with someone in a wheelchair get priority. This evidently upset other people not smart enough to do it themselves. Now those vets are unemployed.

And those Vets deserved every dollar they earned by doing it. Just sad some of our Vets had to resort to doing it to make ends meet.
Last edited by: Boz on Dec 15, 2018
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 15th, 2018 at 6:32:25 PM permalink
If you grew up in Florida, you've probably been to Disney 4 times or more before you were 18.

The whole point of the "safe" rides is so Disney doesn't have too many horror stories of happy kids flying through the air to their death or life-long manglement.

Although they did have that kid eaten by the alligator. That was an ambulance chasing lawyer's wet dream.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
Forager
December 15th, 2018 at 6:53:36 PM permalink
Y’all haven’t lived until you’ve been to Cedar Point in Ohio. Best amusement park in the country (world?).

I grew up an hour away from it so we went at least once a year.

Now when I go, I gladly pay the big bucks to get the line pass. Nothing better than walking past all the commoners waiting in the 1-2 hour lines.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz 
December 15th, 2018 at 7:59:50 PM permalink
I think we can tell the kids at heart from the kids that are not

I also happen to have a Disney bluray collection. I will rewatch Mary Poppins and Sleeping Beauty

And have no qualms about putting on Deodatos Cannibal Holocaust right after. Adult fare or kids fare I enjoy most all

So going to Disneyland is right up my alley
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
December 16th, 2018 at 6:07:20 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

can somebody smart in the medical field like SOOPOO answer this cuz I'm really curious

I snarkily answered this somewhere else.... YOU CAN! You just have to ask! I'll say 1-2% of my patients ask me what the anesthesia part will cost, and although I cannot give an exact answer because it is partially dependent on time, which can of course only be approximated pre-op, I can give a ballpark figure. For 100% out of pocket cases, like boob jobs or liposuction, we do give an exact amount to be paid up front. Sadly, that is less than 1% of my practice....

The more common question is not how much your doctor charges, but if your insurance company will pay all of the charge, or what your fraction of the cost will be. If I tell you I get paid $1000 and it is fully covered by your insurance company you don't bat an eyelash. If I tell you it is $100 but you have a $10 copay then you go batshit bonkers.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
December 16th, 2018 at 6:15:49 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I snarkily answered this somewhere else.... YOU CAN! You just have to ask! I'll say 1-2% of my patients ask me what the anesthesia part will cost, and although I cannot give an exact answer because it is partially dependent on time, which can of course only be approximated pre-op, I can give a ballpark figure. For 100% out of pocket cases, like boob jobs or liposuction, we do give an exact amount to be paid up front. Sadly, that is less than 1% of my practice....

The more common question is not how much your doctor charges, but if your insurance company will pay all of the charge, or what your fraction of the cost will be. If I tell you I get paid $1000 and it is fully covered by your insurance company you don't bat an eyelash. If I tell you it is $100 but you have a $10 copay then you go batshit bonkers.

Most doctors look at your like your batsh*t if you mention anything about the cost of something. And forget it if you need to find the negotiated price under insurance.

I’ve switched insurance 3 times in the last few years. It’s literally impossible to shop around for the cheapest plan because the cost of drugs and doctors is so obfuscated until a claim is actually filed. I think this is by design.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 16th, 2018 at 9:55:54 AM permalink
I disagree. I have had numerous money conferences with 8 different doctors this past year and 3 different insurers. They all disclose out of pocket, medicare, and third party insurance estimates or costs ahead of procedures or prescriptions. You just have to ask.

I think it's more that people are concentrating on the problem and even purposefully avoiding asking (ie thinking about cost) in the moment. Nobody wants to say, "no, mom, you can't have that lifesaving (blank) because we can't afford it." You get the treatment, you deal with the price later.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
December 16th, 2018 at 10:00:55 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I disagree. I have had numerous money conferences with 8 different doctors this past year and 3 different insurers. They all disclose out of pocket, medicare, and third party insurance estimates or costs ahead of procedures or prescriptions. You just have to ask.

That has been my experience AFTER I have the insurance policy in hand. When shopping for insurance, it’s very difficult to calculate actual costs unless it’s a $0 deductible plan.
billryan
billryan
December 16th, 2018 at 10:04:39 AM permalink
Donny and his gang of sycophants are getting us to a single payer system much faster than Hillary ever could have. Strange how things work out.
  • Jump to: