4 votes (33.33%)
9 votes (75%)

12 members have voted

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 12th, 2018 at 1:11:30 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I am wondering if Ford anticipated that society would delve so deeply into HER past when she claimed he sexually assaulted her at the party 36 years ago. Ford isn't looking so good and has been reported to be a liar and a traitor who left her friend at a place where she knew she could be sexually assaulted.

The only one saying most of that garbage has been you on here, actually. Any time you want to stop trashing her would be appreciated by me. You've been so nasty about it, it makes a person wonder about your current claim to be female. If you weren't assaulted somehow in your teens or twenties, you're one of the few and the lucky. Or you're a man.

She consistently asked for an FBI investigation, expecting that to be the response to her first letter, and encouraging it the whole time through her lawyers and in her testimony. Liars don't ask for FBI investigations. She came forward anyway.

She was making allegations against a very powerful man with even more powerful friends. She's been alive for 54 or so years, during which women reporting assaults have usually been blamed for inciting the attack. So yeah, she fully expected to be investigated, vilified, blamed, and threatened. She came forward anyway.

She's gotten all of that and more. You just don't know what bravery looks like. She said she was terrified to be there. She was already receiving death threats. She and her family had to leave their home. She came forward anyway.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RSgordonm888
October 12th, 2018 at 1:26:10 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The only one saying most of that garbage has been you on here, actually. Any time you want to stop trashing her would be appreciated by me. You've been so nasty about it, it makes a person wonder about your current claim to be female. If you weren't assaulted somehow in your teens or twenties, you're one of the few and the lucky. Or you're a man.

She consistently asked for an FBI investigation, expecting that to be the response to her first letter, and encouraging it the whole time through her lawyers and in her testimony. Liars don't ask for FBI investigations. She came forward anyway.

She was making allegations against a very powerful man with even more powerful friends. She's been alive for 54 or so years, during which women reporting assaults have usually been blamed for inciting the attack. So yeah, she fully expected to be investigated, vilified, blamed, and threatened. She came forward anyway.

She's gotten all of that and more. You just don't know what bravery looks like. She said she was terrified to be there. She was already receiving death threats. She and her family had to leave their home. She came forward anyway.

What happened to #believeher? If Nathan claims to be a woman we must believe her! She certainly identifies as a woman and prefers to be referred to as such. Please do not use your status as moderator to bully and intimidate her into not posting her stance on politics.
100% risk of ruin
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 12th, 2018 at 1:34:36 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

What happened to #believeher? If Nathan claims to be a woman we must believe her! She certainly identifies as a woman and prefers to be referred to as such. Please do not use your status as moderator to bully and intimidate her into not posting her stance on politics.

You conveniently forget the first several months here Nathan was a guy. Said so, made several posts specific to it. Only claimed to be female after strange doings on a meet up. Whatever. I've addressed her as female since then, including in the post you're objecting to. She's either lucky, one of the few, or a man, as she first said she was.

I can't help you interpreting my remarks to her as bullying and intimidating. They're not - they're just honest. But you've made it clear for some time that's how you see me, so there's nothing more to say about it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
October 12th, 2018 at 1:41:43 PM permalink
That's because when Nathan was a man he lied about being a man. That's what men do, they lie (especially white men). Now that she identifies as a woman we must #believeher

Furthermore, all posts by minority females must be appreciated! I'll be DAMNED if I sit idly by while a white person in authority doesn't welcome the input of a member of a minority group.

#pcprincipal
#ocasio-cortez4prez
100% risk of ruin
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 12th, 2018 at 2:13:24 PM permalink

<snip> She's either lucky, one of the few, or a man, as she first said she was. >

I wonder what percentage it really is? I was verry surprised when I started dating [mid teens] in the early 70's how, several girls revealed to me that they had been molested? IIRC, those claims had all been against family members. So as much as I heard it from disparate females, I believed much of it, maybe not all, but was aware from then on.

That being said, I searched my posts here and got bored looking, but I believe I posted something to the effect that Fords case being as poor an example to fight nationally or internationally that it was, it had the potential to hurt other women's cases that were more solid.

Weinstein might ending up getting his case tossed???? https://www.yahoo.com/gma/weinstein-case-heads-back-court-amid-potential-setbacks-050900619--abc-news-topstories.html

ftr; I was the one on the board that defended Hope Hicks when she was called a whore .
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
October 12th, 2018 at 2:16:05 PM permalink
I was under the impression that Nathan's gender/race has never been authenticated to any worthwhile degree. I have not seen all the sworn affidavits., oaths in blood, or whatever it takes,
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 12th, 2018 at 6:23:57 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I was under the impression that Nathan's gender/race has never been authenticated to any worthwhile degree. I have not seen all the sworn affidavits., oaths in blood, or whatever it takes,

If I’m not mistaken, Wizard has also said questioning Nathan’s gender would result in a suspension, or something along those lines.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
Thanked by
SanchoPanzaRS
October 12th, 2018 at 7:28:25 PM permalink
Quote: RS

If I’m not mistaken, Wizard has also said questioning Nathan’s gender would result in a suspension, or something along those lines.

I don't remember everything I've ever said, but if Nathan isn't pressing charges, I will stay out of it as long as any mentions of it are done in a polite and respectful way.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
Thanked by
RogerKint
October 12th, 2018 at 7:44:43 PM permalink

She was trying to be a martyr for the cause with bogus accusations. She was a straight up fraud. Her act was terrible at best. She did not even deserve to be heard.
Last edited by: Keyser on Oct 12, 2018
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 12th, 2018 at 11:54:46 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I don't remember everything I've ever said, but if Nathan isn't pressing charges, I will stay out of it as long as any mentions of it are done in a polite and respectful way.

Right, I wasn’t suggesting anything like that, more of a friendly reminder....assuming I’m right that is (I’m always right! :) ).

Speaking of which, y’all should upgrade the search function. It’s tilting trying to find a specific post, unless you (I) remember around the time period it was made, by whom, and which thread. Otherwise it’s a total goat rope to find something. Or make an API which’d be 1337, although that’s not realistic. :/
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 27th, 2019 at 6:27:03 PM permalink
I don't think anyone doesn't think Bart is a very smart man. I also think Bart is going to be very disappointing to the conservatives as time goes on. I can see him siding with John Roberts on somethings.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
JeorgeBuckly
JeorgeBuckly
  • Threads: 0
July 29th, 2019 at 7:12:40 AM permalink
Yes, but it is not accurate;)
  • Jump to: