11 votes (61.11%)
5 votes (27.77%)

18 members have voted

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 1st, 2018 at 12:38:16 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

You might not be a racist if you are a republican. But if you are a racist, you are probably a republican.

I say that all the time.

Cause it's true.
Eater of Worlds
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
May 1st, 2018 at 12:43:09 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I lean left
I believe in hard work
Never too a handout in my life
Never ever been on unemployment
Those not born in this country like me work very very hard.
You want to get ahead in life, work hard.
ALL my immigrant family members all bust their butt to get ahead
I don't mind paying higher taxes so society has a safety net for those not as fortunate as me

With you on all of it until the last line. And my issue there is with the word "fortunate". The reason why you and your family are where they are is because of what you stated before that, hard work and hard decisions. "Fortunate" is winning the Lottery, no different than "lucky" that some use to explain successful people.

I just believe that unless you have mental or physical disabilities, everyone has the same chance to make it in America. Yes some are born to crummy parents, in bad situations but in most cases they get to school and have chances to improve their lives. Our debate becomes what is that safety net, who qualifies for it, and what is the correct amount of taxes we should be paying? And how do we stop wasting money that could be used to actually help those who may need it.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 1st, 2018 at 12:53:46 PM permalink
On to issues that really matter: I hope his next albums a banger
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 172
May 1st, 2018 at 12:56:03 PM permalink
The rich have an obligation to the poor, just as the strong have an obligation to the poor.
Anyone who disagrees simply doesn't have a soul.
Boz
Boz
May 1st, 2018 at 12:58:15 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

The rich have an obligation to the poor, just as the strong have an obligation to the poor.
Anyone who disagrees simply doesn't have a soul.

Who made you the arbitrator of who has a soul and what constitutes having one? Nice try at justification of your beliefs.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
May 1st, 2018 at 1:03:09 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Who made you the arbitrator of who has a soul and what constitutes having one? Nice try at justification of your beliefs.

Didn't the republicans (well, christians, but all republicans claim to be good christians) Christian God make that decree? To always help those less fortunate/well off? To give up all worldly possessions to help others in need? F%&*in LOL @ republicans hypocrisy.

Kanye is a moron, and he's insane. Why anyone cares anything about him in any way, shape, or form is beyond me. Then again I feel the exact same way about anyone who pays attention to the Kardashians too.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
billryan
billryan 
May 1st, 2018 at 1:03:09 PM permalink

Point proven. Thank you.
Boz
Boz
May 1st, 2018 at 1:08:08 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Didn't the republicans Christian God make that decree? To always help those less fortunate/well off? To give up all worldly possessions to help others in need? F%&*in LOL @ republicans hypocrisy.

Not this Republican, Iím pro choice, I sure as hell donít want to pay for some kid itís mother doesnít even want. Seems like common sense to me.

On the Christian principals you are speaking of, are you trying to say only Republicans go to church and believe these things?
Boz
Boz
Thanks for this post from:
RS
May 1st, 2018 at 1:10:44 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Point proven. Thank you.

As always, you are welcome. I appreciate the opportunities you provide me to enlighten you on how the world works instead of the Fantasyland you seem to live in. But everyone loves a Disney vacation, unfortunately most of us have to get back to work, checks donít just show up in the mailbox. Oh wait, never mind.
billryan
billryan 
May 1st, 2018 at 1:20:39 PM permalink

As always, you are welcome. I appreciate the opportunities you provide me to enlighten you on how the world works instead of the Fantasyland you seem to live in. But everyone loves a Disney vacation, unfortunately most of us have to get back to work, checks donít just show up in the mailbox. Oh wait, never mind.

The path is hard as so few travel it, while the road to Perdition is well tread and smooth.
To paraphrase the Apostle Paul , I pity the man who sells his dreams for a handful of silver.

• Jump to: