Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 147
January 11th, 2019 at 1:30:45 PM permalink
If what the NY Times is reporting just now is true, trumps people were trying to ease sanctions on two banks that were going to finance trump tower in Moscow in return.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
January 11th, 2019 at 2:11:32 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Sorry some of you are so tolerant of criminals.

I'm engaged in 6 felonies at this very moment.

Quote: Frederic Bastiat

When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law

Easy choice.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
January 11th, 2019 at 2:20:56 PM permalink
Welcome back. You need to visit more often, one of the few voices of reason.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 15
January 11th, 2019 at 6:14:17 PM permalink
So, uh, yeah:

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Quote:

WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

Lock him up!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 60
aceofspades
January 11th, 2019 at 10:07:55 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Honest question:

Why do some people just say “wall” and not “the wall”?

Not sure. I didn't even know there was a difference in meaning (if there is one).

Quote: OnceDear

If he demanded it for his arse pocket would it still be negligible? What if he just wanted to spend it on a 1 mile high billboard that said 'Trumpy is a demigod'

Are you even trying? Those 2 things would be retarded to do....

Quote: beachbumbabs

The OMB (Trump's department for budgeting) estimates place the cost of the wall at 39.9 Billion. The 5.7 Billion is a down payment.

For comparison, that's 2.5 years of running the entire FAA, including paying 50,000 people and running more than 650 facilities, buying and maintaining equipment for airports and control buildings, training, research, and development. A much better use of your tax dollars.

O.M.B.

Orange
Man
Bad

Coincidence???

YOU DECIDE!!!!

I didn't figure the $5.7 billion would be enough to build the wall. Construction is usually incredibly slow, especially for big projects. Not gonna be done in 1 year, that's for sure. That $39.9 billion would be spread out over what, 3 years absolute minimum? More like 5 probably. About $8B/yr for the wall vs $16B/yr for FAA.

For the sake of (non)-argument, I'll agree funding the FAA is a better use of tax dollars than building a wall. But that doesn't mean just because one thing is more important, that something else should be ignored. It's more important that I buy $50 worth of food than it is to put $50 worth of gas in my car, but I'm not just going to omit putting gas in my car because it's less important than eating, especially if I'm already spending 100x-1000x that amount every week regardless.
# Свободный Натан
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 364
January 12th, 2019 at 4:57:10 AM permalink

*EXCERPT*because we are only able to carry over 240 hours into the next leave year

Hey Babs - quick question (excuse my ignorance) -- is the 240 hours calculated based on an 8 hour work day (which would give you 30 days off) or is it calculated on a 24 hour day (which would give you 10 days off)?
Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 12th, 2019 at 5:02:51 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Every single member of the House who has a district on the border has now come out saying a wall isn't needed. What do they know?

They know that people who come across the border illegally will eventually vote Democrat (if they are granted a path to citizenship or, well, maybe just if the local board of elections is asleep at the wheel as they are wont to be) so long as the Dems keep kowtowing to them - also, the people coming across illegally might be relatives of people here legally who will vote for the Dems
aceofspades
aceofspades
beachbumbabs
January 12th, 2019 at 5:03:55 AM permalink
Quote: Face

I'm engaged in 6 felonies at this very moment.

Excellent book on the mishmash and insanity of our laws

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 12th, 2019 at 5:12:23 AM permalink

For comparison, that's 2.5 years of running the entire FAA, including paying 50,000 people and running more than 650 facilities, buying and maintaining equipment for airports and control buildings, training, research, and development. A much better use of your tax dollars.

The FAA is above reproach

https://nypost.com/2016/01/03/the-quota-driven-drive-to-make-flying-more-perilous/
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
beachbumbabs
January 12th, 2019 at 6:02:32 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Welcome back. You need to visit more often, one of the few voices of reason.

Thanks, Boz. But with all respect intended, that's most of the reason I stay gone. This thread is the antithesis of reason.

Maybe one day I'll regale y'all with my take of this situation, but I'll spare the forum for now. All's I'll say is the party of guns, God, and fiscal responsibility has hired a huckster NY democrat who is now ramming guns bans into law, is a serial cheater and general POS who's running a trillion dollar deficit, and the conservatives somehow adore him. I'd be no less surprised to see Joyce Meyer win the Dem nomination. It's bleeding bananas, man.

Y'all would do well with a crash course in human psychology. If nothing else, review "decentralized decision making". See how easy it is to control behavior and ask yourself if you ain't done caught in it.

This isn't how things are supposed to be.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: