Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 80
December 22nd, 2018 at 2:29:21 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Then you'd best be damned careful.

A fellow I know killed himself.

Years later, his son told me "People tell me I'm going to kill myself, but I'll prove them wrong."

A year or two later he killed himself.

Once the pattern is set by a parent killing themself it creates a potential black hole / dilemna for their surviving kids, especially if the history of depression gets passed on.

No kidding
That's one of the reasons I don't own a gun
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 22nd, 2018 at 2:47:26 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Break it down for me.

Kennedy saw secret society's everywhere.

The Warren Commission was the first to coin the phrase "conspiracy theory" to debunk anyone who questioned their investigation into the assassination.

"the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials"

The right....omg the latinos are coming the latinos are coming.

The left....omg the Russians are coming the Russians are coming.

Petro....omg, the elections are coming
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 238
December 22nd, 2018 at 2:48:22 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Quote: aceofspades

Essential are people providing critical services.

Example.
Air traffic Controllers.
Supervisors who are certified on at least 1 sector/position

Non-essential are people providing routine services.

Example.
Air Traffic Managers.
Administrative Supervisors
Air Traffic Assistants
Training department
Plans and procedures
Secretaries, payroll, hr, janitorial, support staff.

If it goes like it always has, non-essentials will get each day off AND get paid for it, as if it was a federal holiday. Might be months from now, but they will likely get compensated. Doesn't help if you were depending on that paycheck for Christmas, though.

Essentials will NOT get compensated with equivalent time or pay for working their regular schedule. Controller leave arranged more than a year ago is likely to be cancelled, because the support is no longer there. Paychecks may be delayed, since payroll isn't working, even though people will be required to work.

Taxpayers will end up paying billions for work that didn't get performed. It's been on other people in the past. This time it's 100% Trump. What a stupid move.

117 MILLION people are travelling this weekend in America. The most in more than 30 years.

Well if its just an issue because of Christmas trump should just make certain only muslim and Jewish government workers are off

Problem solved
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
December 22nd, 2018 at 5:37:31 PM permalink
Because Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of Jesus, right?
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 238
December 22nd, 2018 at 5:40:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Because Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of Jesus, right?

If I remember the joke correctly...

How do Jewish people celebrate Christmas?

They dance around the cash register singing "What a friend we have in Jesus"
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
December 22nd, 2018 at 5:41:49 PM permalink
Uniformed Border Patrol Officers are essential. The people who dispatch them aren't. The people who service and maintain the cars aren't. The Uniformed Officers are being pulled from Patrol to work dispatch. Repeat this hundreds of times across various agencies.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 22nd, 2018 at 6:40:46 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Uniformed Border Patrol Officers are essential. The people who dispatch them aren't. The people who service and maintain the cars aren't. The Uniformed Officers are being pulled from Patrol to work dispatch. Repeat this hundreds of times across various agencies.

Exactly. Any controllers who had this week/weekend off are being recalled, paid overtime if required, filling behind lost support positions for 2x/3x their salaries, because God Forbid the planes don't fly.

In 25 years, I think I had Christmas off 3 times. Somewhat self-inflicted, because I would trade with people who had young kids at home. But at least twice I was cancelled out of celebrating for govt shutdowns. Sux when you have plans, probably made a year in advance (how it works most years, bidding for time off.)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
December 23rd, 2018 at 2:45:08 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Christmas celebrations in Damascus:

They had a lower middle class standard of living in Syria, until Obama and his demon infested coughing gnome sec. of state decided ‘Assad has to go’ in 2011.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
December 23rd, 2018 at 5:25:49 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

And we thought the Republicans knew who was really dangerous like Saddam Hussein, until you guys started going on about poor and often desperate people as "an invasion" force headed toward the border.

It's modern Americanism. When you have an ant problem, you call a guy with a ghostbuster backpack and enough poison to kill an island nation. He tents your house and you move out for 2 days. He sprays your nooks, your crannies, and sets up a fatal perimeter around your entire living space at a premium. And so long as you keep paying, the man keeps coming and the ants stay out.

Or you could just, ya know, clean your f#$%ing kitchen. You see, ants won't make an effort to go where there is nothing for them. Crazy, right?

Of course, I'm just an idiot hick. I'm sure Bill Hannity-O'Coulter the Orkin Man just has your best interests in mind. There's no way they'd just lead you by the nose, and no way you'd just let them, right? Right?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: