Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
July 2nd, 2018 at 2:35:45 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I donít know what the average (mean) tax bill is, but Iím pretty sure Iím paying above that. At least when I plug in the amounts on what percentile income I fall under and such. Based on Bozís posts, Iíd bet he pays well above the mean average tax bill amount.

Sure you could have paid above the average, but my point was unless you actually have been paying the most for years of your life, not just above average you have been letting a few take more of burden. But people only tend to blame the poor rather than consider they also don't pay as much.

Lots of people may have paid above average, but it's very likely a few have taken a much bigger share of that burden, and to just pick on the poor is, well unfair. Check the mirror and all that.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
July 2nd, 2018 at 2:58:00 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I've never heard of people cutting in line at the DMV simply because they're richer... what are you talking about? Does that ever happen?

Unless I'm misreading his posts, Rxwine is suggesting just that. That the more you pay in taxes, the more government prioritizes you.
Why stop at DMV. Why not 911. Maybe rich folks can dial 910 and jump that line. Maybe we have special police and fire departments.
Here is hint- the rich have plenty of advantages, they don't need more. It's nice waking up knowing I can afford both my medicines and my car. I don't need a reward for being well off. It's it own reward
rxwine
rxwine
July 2nd, 2018 at 3:15:03 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Unless I'm misreading his posts, Rxwine is suggesting just that. That the more you pay in taxes, the more government prioritizes you.
Why stop at DMV. Why not 911. Maybe rich folks can dial 910 and jump that line. Maybe we have special police and fire departments.

No, I actually specified urgent care needs take priority just like they do now. You can't legally buy yourself or earn your way to the first kidney transplant. That doesn't change with anything else..

Quote:

Here is hint- the rich have plenty of advantages, they don't need more. It's nice waking up knowing I can afford both my medicines and my car. I don't need a reward for being well off. It's it own reward

Do you read this thread much? I'm not the one you need to convince. I'm trying to throw a bone of compromise to the other side. Obviously all anyone sees is bones. : {
billryan
billryan
July 2nd, 2018 at 3:25:16 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

No, I actually specified urgent care needs take priority just like they do now. You can't legally buy yourself or earn your way to the first kidney transplant. That doesn't change with anything else..

Do you read this thread much? I'm not the one you need to convince. I'm trying to throw a bone of compromise to the other side. Obviously all anyone sees is bones. : {

You are the one making the suggestions. I think they are ridiculous, are Anti-American and not very well thought out. You are literally suggesting a system where Nobel people( the rich) are privileged and the poor get treated as second class citizens.
I will ask again. A kid is born to a person who pays lots of taxes and thus gets lots of privilege. At what age does that stop? Does the kid keep his privileged life or lose it as a young adult with little income because he is in school.
billryan
billryan
July 2nd, 2018 at 3:30:39 PM permalink
I paid a million dollars in taxes last year.
My neighbor lost his leg in an ambush in Iraq.
His buddy just cycled out after winning a Bronze Star.

Who gets privileges in your Bizzaro World Order?
rxwine
rxwine
July 2nd, 2018 at 3:43:02 PM permalink

You are the one making the suggestions. I think they are ridiculous, are Anti-American and not very well thought out.

Fair enough.

Quote:

You are literally suggesting a system where Nobel people( the rich) are privileged and the poor get treated as second class citizens.

No I'm suggesting a system where people who pay more get more. We're not giving anything away to the rich they didn't pay for. Just seems that way to you. And calling it nobility doesn't make it so. Nobility get things just for being somebody not for earning a living.

Quote:

I will ask again. A kid is born to a person who pays lots of taxes and thus gets lots of privilege. At what age does that stop? Does the kid keep his privileged life or lose it as a young adult with little income because he is in school.

I didn't really understand what you are getting at. Still don't. Has he worked yet after he leaves home? His parents are the only ones getting tax benefits if they work. If he worked a summer job in high school he could earn tax benefits. If not he would have none. If his parents want to pay all his bills after he leaves home they can do that. Nothing is stopping them.
rxwine
rxwine
July 2nd, 2018 at 3:51:42 PM permalink

My neighbor lost his leg in an ambush in Iraq.
His buddy just cycled out after winning a Bronze Star.

Who gets privileges in your Bizzaro World Order?

For some reason, you think I would do away with recognizing people who serve in the military as special cases, not your normal job. Never inferred that.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 2nd, 2018 at 3:53:47 PM permalink

A million dollars? Like USD? Hmmm....
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 2nd, 2018 at 4:00:34 PM permalink
Those that's got's, get's.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 425
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanzaaceofspades
July 2nd, 2018 at 6:19:25 PM permalink