Thread Rating:

Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 19th, 2018 at 7:47:29 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Dont Pass. Dealers don't like them because it can drive tippers away as players grumble and drift away because someone is betting against them and ruining the general jovial atmosphere at the table,

Which is ironic because when I play generally the DP is tipping more than the Pass Line.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 19th, 2018 at 9:06:28 AM permalink
Dealers look at potential tippers and if people leave the table 'because some jerk is betting against them' then the dealers get angry even if those who leave have not tipped at all. It doesn't have to be rational behavior for the players or rational reactions for the dealers,.
Lucca3927
Lucca3927
  • Threads: 17
January 19th, 2018 at 9:15:49 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Dealers look at potential tippers and if people leave the table 'because some jerk is betting against them' then the dealers get angry even if those who leave have not tipped at all. It doesn't have to be rational behavior for the players or rational reactions for the dealers,.

Be that as it may, I'm not responsible for how other people behave. I'll play near the end of the table so long as I don't have to turn sideways and squish myself to make it easier for the dealer but, as I said, on a packed table I'll stand with everyone else and make perfectly legal bets.
"I should have bet black." - Winston Churchill .
  • Jump to: