Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 23rd, 2019 at 6:38:16 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Have you looked into edible crickets?

The "politically correct" term for those poor souls unable to say insect protein is "sustainable protein" and meal worms are easier than grasshoppers.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 27th, 2019 at 2:54:35 PM permalink
Ok ok here I go again. This will be try number 35 on the get healthy and live longer diet. I have 2 goals and I am dead set on achieving them today I bought golf clubs and tennis rackets. I love doing both but haven't in years.

I am currently at 285. First goal is to be at 270 by my vacation to the beach on June 29th and the second is to be at 199 by next years spring fling.

I have a small wager with a local friend on both.

I am going to get more annoying as I will be posting updates in here to keep me on track.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
Thanked by
MaxPen
May 27th, 2019 at 3:29:55 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Ok ok here I go again. This will be try number 35 on the get healthy and live longer diet. I have 2 goals and I am dead set on achieving them today I bought golf clubs and tennis rackets. I love doing both but haven't in years.

I am currently at 285. First goal is to be at 270 by my vacation to the beach on June 29th and the second is to be at 199 by next years spring fling.

I am going to get more annoying as I will be posting updates in here to keep me on track.

Here's how I got down from 220 on Thanksgiving to 175 at this year's Spring Fling:
1. Pasta? What's that?
2. Rice? What's that?
3. Beans? What's that?
4. Flour? What's that? Okay, that's pushing it a little, but I do substitute hamburger and hot dog buns with "low-carb" (high fiber - 6 net carbs each) tortillas. And yes, you did see me eat an entire 13" pizza at Pizza Rock, but did you notice I didn't eat the crust edges?
5. Potatoes? What's that?
6. Fruit? What's that? That's pushing it a little as well, but I do pretty much cut out the high-carb fruit like pineapples.
7. 15-20 minutes on the stationary bike every day until you're saddlesore.

Important thing to remember: when you go out to get new pants after your old ones no longer fit, remember to get new shorts as well.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 27th, 2019 at 3:36:28 PM permalink
Good luck.
I recall you doing this awhile back. What did you start at then and how low did you get?
Slow and steady wins over time. I'd forget this vacation on and work on losing 50 pounds over the next year. You can do that in your sleep if you simply decide to eat less, eat better and exercise more. Don't be afraid to reward yourself after a particularly good stretch.
I've dropped over 70 pounds with a few simple adjustments, mostly mental.
Diets don't work. Changing your habits will.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 27th, 2019 at 3:48:31 PM permalink
1. Pasta? a food bank favorite.
2. Rice? also high on the food bank list.
3. Beans? Nature's weight loss food but the food bank people add sugar.
4. Flour? If its made with a cheap flour that is just this side of animal feed, the food bank will provide it.
5. Potatoes? Sweet potatoes are good for me. High in arginine and therefore good for wound healing. I think this is the reason the food bank never has any.
6. Fruit? Oh yeah! Fructose anything. Just great for us diabetics .
Those Meals on Wheels people are great...they even delivered on Memorial Day.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
May 27th, 2019 at 5:13:15 PM permalink

GWAE,

If you'd care for a wager, by way of encouragement...
If you truthfully report to me on 30 June, that your noon-time weight (AT NOON on 30th) on accurate scales is between 260 and 269, I'll send you $1 for each pound lost, by paypal, bitcoin, or gift card. I'll request that you spend any winnings on fresh fruit or green veg and report on just how much it would buy.

If you take the wager and fail, You'll owe me just one dollar bill to be sent by snail mail.

This wager offer expires 24 hours from this post time.

Later, I might ask you to sponsor me in one of my goals.

E&OE
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
GWAE
GWAE
May 27th, 2019 at 6:40:53 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

GWAE,

If you'd care for a wager, by way of encouragement...
If you truthfully report to me on 30 June, that your noon-time weight (AT NOON on 30th) on accurate scales is between 260 and 269, I'll send you $1 for each pound lost, by paypal, bitcoin, or gift card. I'll request that you spend any winnings on fresh fruit or green veg and report on just how much it would buy.

If you take the wager and fail, You'll owe me just one dollar bill to be sent by snail mail.

This wager offer expires 24 hours from this post time.

Later, I might ask you to sponsor me in one of my goals.

E&OE

I will accept your wager...
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
May 27th, 2019 at 6:41:59 PM permalink

Good luck.
I recall you doing this awhile back. What did you start at then and how low did you get?
Slow and steady wins over time. I'd forget this vacation on and work on losing 50 pounds over the next year. You can do that in your sleep if you simply decide to eat less, eat better and exercise more. Don't be afraid to reward yourself after a particularly good stretch.
I've dropped over 70 pounds with a few simple adjustments, mostly mental.
Diets don't work. Changing your habits will.

I was at 297ish and got down to 269. I was going good for a while and then it went to hell.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
OnceDear
May 27th, 2019 at 7:53:11 PM permalink

I was at 297ish and got down to 269. I was going good for a while and then it went to hell.

So you are still 12 pounds lighter than when you started. A small victory, but a victory.
Set realistic small goals, then surpass them. My original goal to to be at 300, a loss of 120 pounds in a year. Ten pounds a month seemed easy enough, and it was for awhile. I lost sixty pounds and relaxed my program a bit. I'm on pace to lose a hundred pounds in about two years. A year behind schedule and well over budget, but an amazing success.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
OnceDear
May 27th, 2019 at 8:07:02 PM permalink

So you are still 12 pounds lighter than when you started. A small victory, but a victory.
Set realistic small goals, then surpass them. My original goal to to be at 300, a loss of 120 pounds in a year. Ten pounds a month seemed easy enough, and it was for awhile. I lost sixty pounds and relaxed my program a bit. I'm on pace to lose a hundred pounds in about two years. A year behind schedule and well over budget, but an amazing success.

Absolutely. No matter how you slice it, losing 100 pounds is fantastic.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 27th, 2019 at 8:41:27 PM permalink

Is your window open for more?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
OnceDear
OnceDear
May 28th, 2019 at 1:05:57 AM permalink

I will accept your wager...

We are on. I wish you good luck. Please keep the reports flowing
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
GWAE
GWAE
May 28th, 2019 at 6:32:33 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Is your window open for more?

possibly, what are you offering?
GWAE
GWAE
May 28th, 2019 at 6:36:24 AM permalink

We are on. I wish you good luck. Please keep the reports flowing

thank you.. at attempt 35 I feel like I have all the tools to be successful but will my brain get in the way.

BTW, does anyone know a site that shows the calories burnt while doing various things in a swimming pool? I looked and couldnt find anything. For example yesterday we were at the pool. I was in the 10 foot section with my kids. They were jumping in and out but I was in the water catching and just watching. I basically had to continue to kick and doggy paddle to stay above water for about 30 min. Is this a good exercise with decent calories burnt or is this basically doing nothing?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 28th, 2019 at 7:42:03 AM permalink

thank you.. at attempt 35 I feel like I have all the tools to be successful but will my brain get in the way.

BTW, does anyone know a site that shows the calories burnt while doing various things in a swimming pool? I looked and couldnt find anything. For example yesterday we were at the pool. I was in the 10 foot section with my kids. They were jumping in and out but I was in the water catching and just watching. I basically had to continue to kick and doggy paddle to stay above water for about 30 min. Is this a good exercise with decent calories burnt or is this basically doing nothing?

You might get a decent estimate from this calculator.
https://caloriesburnedhq.com/calories-burned-swimming/

I put in your weight, 30 min, breaststroke (which is the least active), and 25 yard pool but did NOT put a distance, and it was worth 363 calories, a decent amount.

In general, whatever you're doing in water beyond just floating is great calorie-burning exercise. The water provides resistance to any movement, so even treading water, running in place, wading through thigh-deep or deeper, dog-paddling while kicking, are all productive.

Added bonus is you're not pounding the cushioning in your knee and hip joints while you exercise overweight. I'm nearly crippled from years of basketball, volleyball, and tennis at normal weight in my teens and 20s, but I don't hurt while swimming. In 20 years, your body will thank you if you do water aerobics, swimming, or the other activities I mentioned above to lose the weight.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 28th, 2019 at 7:57:45 AM permalink
I believe treading water is about 400 calories per hour burn rate.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 28th, 2019 at 8:32:14 AM permalink
water aerobics is encouraged. any exercise is good. you might think about telling the kids to swim, not splash around so they learn to not waste time.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
May 28th, 2019 at 8:36:39 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Here's how I got down from 220 on Thanksgiving to 175 at this year's Spring Fling:
1. Pasta? What's that?
2. Rice? What's that?
3. Beans? What's that?
4. Flour? What's that? Okay, that's pushing it a little, but I do substitute hamburger and hot dog buns with "low-carb" (high fiber - 6 net carbs each) tortillas. And yes, you did see me eat an entire 13" pizza at Pizza Rock, but did you notice I didn't eat the crust edges?
5. Potatoes? What's that?
6. Fruit? What's that? That's pushing it a little as well, but I do pretty much cut out the high-carb fruit like pineapples.

Geez, what's left? That's like 90% of my diet right there.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 28th, 2019 at 9:05:41 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Geez, what's left? That's like 90% of my diet right there.

Yeah, I was with him on the simple carbs, but beans? I'm trying to eat MORE beans as I lose weight, as they are (as I understand it) a healthy source of fiber and protein.

I guess if you're going full Keto, beans aren't allowed.

BTW I have lost a whopping 3.2 pounds over the past 2 weeks (I weigh in on Sunday mornings). It's easy to get discouraged, but I'm basically trying to set new habits on healthier and less food, not a huge change in diet. So slow and steady will win the race for me. Last week was 1.9 pounds which is basically what I'm going for long term (2 pounds/week).

My wife generally cooks pretty healthy food, I just need to eat appropriate servings and stay away from the bad snacks at work and candy. I will go out to a drug store while at work and buy candy by the bushel load, so obviously that is a huge leak in my nutrition game.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
May 28th, 2019 at 9:17:52 AM permalink
Doing an exercise you enjoy, is better than doing a real calorie burner you hate.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 28th, 2019 at 9:30:34 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Doing an exercise you enjoy, is better than doing a real calorie burner you hate.

Last year around August I resumed the weightlifting routine I had done successfully a few years back (got sidetracked when we moved).

I built some muscle and definitely am stronger, but I lost exactly 0 pounds. Now absolutely I got a bit healthier, and traded some fat for muscle, but diet has so much more effect on your weight (and excess fat) than exercise.

I'm still lifting and getting stronger, but now really focusing on diet as well. It's tough to build muscle while running a caloric deficit, but I'm not too concerned if I fail some reps and have to deload. I'm not competing in a powerlifting meet, just trying to get healthier. If I can lose 30 pounds then maybe I'll do a build/cut cycle like some bodybuilders. For now, I'll just stick to slowly cutting fat and at least maintaining my strength level.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
GWAE
GWAE
May 28th, 2019 at 10:35:46 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

water aerobics is encouraged. any exercise is good. you might think about telling the kids to swim, not splash around so they learn to not waste time.

we were at the pool for 6 hours yesterday. Did lots of playing and swimming and wasting time. Might go today after work if we don't get a tornado.
GWAE
GWAE
May 28th, 2019 at 10:37:56 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

You might get a decent estimate from this calculator.
https://caloriesburnedhq.com/calories-burned-swimming/

I put in your weight, 30 min, breaststroke (which is the least active), and 25 yard pool but did NOT put a distance, and it was worth 363 calories, a decent amount.

In general, whatever you're doing in water beyond just floating is great calorie-burning exercise. The water provides resistance to any movement, so even treading water, running in place, wading through thigh-deep or deeper, dog-paddling while kicking, are all productive.

Added bonus is you're not pounding the cushioning in your knee and hip joints while you exercise overweight. I'm nearly crippled from years of basketball, volleyball, and tennis at normal weight in my teens and 20s, but I don't hurt while swimming. In 20 years, your body will thank you if you do water aerobics, swimming, or the other activities I mentioned above to lose the weight.

thank you, I didn't think of looking at the amount for a simple swim stroke. My calves and thighs are definitely sore today so I can believe there is some calorie burning happening. I killed those though by drinking a gatorade and eating 3 slices of pizza.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
May 28th, 2019 at 11:20:38 AM permalink

My calves and thighs are definitely sore today so I can believe there is some calorie burning happening. I killed those though by drinking a gatorade and eating 3 slices of pizza.

How long do you think you could exercise starting when you're just getting hungry?

Because when you're actually already hungry your body is going to consume itself. That's one of your goals right?

(weird analogy) If a car was like the human body after it ran out of gas, it would be able to turn its mass into fuel and start consuming itself. But if you keep it full all the time and never let it run out, it just basically consumes the gas but never gets any lighter.

The drawback, or the advantage depending on how you look at it, is you can't burn that kind of fuel as fast so you need to work at slower pace.

Yes, working out harder with a full tank will build muscle and endurance. But you can do that later at a lighter weight.

I'm not suggesting any particular plan, just food for thought.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 28th, 2019 at 12:04:23 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

built some muscle and definitely am stronger, but I lost exactly 0 pounds.

Using muscle during exercise means you will burn more calories, I lost muscle and fat and can barely lift a five pond dumbbell so a workout is strange but if I put the weight back on I will lose mobility entirely.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
May 29th, 2019 at 9:38:37 PM permalink
Treated myself a lot the past 2 days, especially dessert.

Decided to do a short fast.

Bad times. Got the sugar DTs.

If you guys do fasting, strongly recommend a day of low carbs first and at least a couple days with little to no sugar.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 29th, 2019 at 9:45:03 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Moi aussi.
Made the impulse purchases of a loaf of bread and an apple pie as well as a sale-priced Sushi or two.
No will power.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
May 30th, 2019 at 12:27:21 AM permalink
just had some.... https://www.popscheesesteaks.com/menu ..... #4 add extra provolone and some mayo.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
May 30th, 2019 at 12:29:00 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

just had some.... https://www.popscheesesteaks.com/menu ..... #4 add extra provolone and some mayo.

How was it ? I think I’ve been there but quite a while ago
It’s all about making that GTA
vegas
vegas
May 30th, 2019 at 5:25:19 AM permalink

Treated myself a lot the past 2 days, especially dessert.

Decided to do a short fast.

If you guys do fasting, strongly recommend a day of low carbs first and at least a couple days with little to no sugar.

That is good advice as it makes the fast so much easier.
Last edited by: OnceDear on May 30, 2019
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
billryan
billryan
May 30th, 2019 at 6:56:46 AM permalink
Cheese in a can. please.
GWAE
GWAE
June 1st, 2019 at 6:53:27 AM permalink
Started my change today. Had a breakfast of 2 eggs, a very small bowl of fruit and a piece of butter toast. Only added the sugars because we were playing tennis this morning. Also drank 64 ounces of water from wakeup until we left for tennis. Played for 2 hours and drank another 64 ounces of water.

Tennis kicked our butts this morning. First time playing in about 10 years. I used to play in a league and considered myself pretty decent. I apparently lost most of my skill over 10 years and I forgot how much you sweat while playing. This morning it was 70 degrees with 60% humidity so that may have been a reason.

Owell time to get ready for 2 baseball games and then the pool.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 1st, 2019 at 8:48:16 AM permalink

Started my change today.

That right there is the hardest and most critical part! We can quibble over the fructose or 64 ounces versus 32 ounces at some later time.
OnceDear
OnceDear
June 1st, 2019 at 10:09:27 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

That right there is the hardest and most critical part! We can quibble over the fructose or 64 ounces versus 32 ounces at some later time.

I was thinking similar. I did notice that maybe, a bit like me, you procrastinated for no good reason... E.g.... Pah I'll start Monday... Pah I'll start on the 1st of the month.
Anyhow, You've started.... Now no pausing or stopping. You have a wager to win.

Keep on reporting progress.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 1st, 2019 at 10:25:53 AM permalink
There is only one proper time to do anything.

At once. Dear.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
June 1st, 2019 at 11:15:02 AM permalink
After 99 pages on this thread I'll throw in my two cents. I'm old school- just watch the intake and work on the outflow. Eat smart and exercise. The problem is that there is always a bit of body readjustment which makes the results fluctuate and seem a bit illogical.

The flaw in this one approach is that there always seems to be some sort of holiday or something that pops up and temptation throw the whole balance out of whack and it takes a lot longer to lose it again.
The best things in life are not free.
OnceDear
OnceDear
June 1st, 2019 at 11:15:18 AM permalink
Quote: Face

At once. Dear.

Indeedy. That's where the name came from.

My Motto: "If you're going to procrastinate, Do it NOW!"
billryan
billryan
June 1st, 2019 at 11:16:24 AM permalink
Quote: Face

At once. Dear.

A proper toadie anticipates his masters needs and did it yesterday. None of this "At once" crap.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 1st, 2019 at 11:55:40 AM permalink

A proper toadie anticipates his masters needs and did it yesterday.

"I know your kneeler's knees must be itching, for want of some king to bend to"
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
GWAE
GWAE
June 1st, 2019 at 12:22:24 PM permalink

I was thinking similar. I did notice that maybe, a bit like me, you procrastinated for no good reason... E.g.... Pah I'll start Monday... Pah I'll start on the 1st of the month.
Anyhow, You've started.... Now no pausing or stopping. You have a wager to win.

Keep on reporting progress.

I didn't really procrastinate. I have been doing good but havent exercised like I wanted to and I haven't been keeping a journal of food like I wanted to. Local grocery store has a rewards program. I have earned 20% off my grocery order so I went yesterday and did the big shopping trip. Spent $429 - 20%. Had a very full 2 carts of stuff. I am spending a good portion of tomorrow preparing food and planning my meals for the next 10 days. I am all in....
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
RigondeauxGWAEOnceDear
June 1st, 2019 at 4:24:42 PM permalink
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right.
Just keep your eyes on the prize and don't worry if you screw up a couple of times. You aren't in a sprint. It's not even a race.
If you can believe in yourself, the only thing keeping you from your goal is the passage of time.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 1st, 2019 at 9:29:38 PM permalink
I have no clue how people could possibly be satisfied as a vegan. Today I had 3 eggs, 1/4 pound of ham, 1/2 of chicken, 6 oz. blueberries, banana, 3 oz. pineapple, big bowl of salad w/ broccoli and tomato, handful of grapes, some walnuts, and 2 litres of water.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 2nd, 2019 at 11:06:20 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I have no clue how people could possibly be satisfied as a vegan.

There are many sites and testimonies about leaving that lifestyle

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=cus&q=not+vegan+anymore
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
June 2nd, 2019 at 2:38:23 PM permalink
I mentioned it a while back. I've seen several testimonials from people who genuinely wanted to be vegan. They felt great for a year, maybe 2. Then things start happening like their teeth fall out. These are extremely health conscious people who were eating right.

IDK why they can't have some humanely raised eggs and dairy. My vegan friends own a house with a yard and have like 10 pets. Why not have your own chickens?

Max, I'd suggest cutting out/limiting the very most sugary fruits like bananas and pineapple. Blueberries are great though. Melons too. (both kinds).
MaxPen
MaxPen
June 2nd, 2019 at 3:13:15 PM permalink

Max, I'd suggest cutting out/limiting the very most sugary fruits like bananas and pineapple. Blueberries are great though. Melons too. (both kinds).

That's the plan once the weight drop stops. I think I started to consciously watch what I eat right around the end of the first week of May. Beginning weight 260 which was an all time high. Currently 240 now. Not expecting a slow down until around 230 or so. At that time I will cut some of the bad fruits and take a look at portions.
GWAE
GWAE
June 2nd, 2019 at 5:07:42 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

That's the plan once the weight drop stops. I think I started to consciously watch what I eat right around the end of the first week of May. Beginning weight 260 which was an all time high. Currently 240 now. Not expecting a slow down until around 230 or so. At that time I will cut some of the bad fruits and take a look at portions.

I may have missed it, what are you doing? Just low cal?
MaxPen
MaxPen
June 2nd, 2019 at 5:54:14 PM permalink

I may have missed it, what are you doing? Just low cal?

No calorie counting yet No bread or wheat, corn, etc. of any kind. Only sugar from fruit. Free for all on non processed meats except some uncured ham and vegetables. Everything consumed in an 8 hour window per day. The fruit comes from a smoothie containing about 6 oz. blueberries, some pineapple, banana, and whey. Also red grapes and watermelon. Vegetables are mostly broccoli, asparagus, spinach, baby bok choy, carrots, leafy green salad mixes, and a few grape tomatos. Having some walnuts or macadamia nuts 1 oz. or so. Meats are mostly chicken, ribeyes, and salmon in that order.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 2nd, 2019 at 6:28:28 PM permalink
I smoked 6.5 pound slab of bacon for about 4 hours after cutting it into 1 inch cubes. Covered it in maple syrup and cayenne pepper and put it in the oven for 3 hours to render down. It came out amazing.

We had people over to swim and BBQ and about 90% was eaten, The rest will be lunch tomorrow.

No diets for me.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
MaxPen
MaxPen
June 2nd, 2019 at 7:27:06 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I smoked 6.5 pound slab of bacon for about 4 hours after cutting it into 1 inch cubes. Covered it in maple syrup and cayenne pepper and put it in the oven for 3 hours to render down. It came out amazing.

We had people over to swim and BBQ and about 90% was eaten, The rest will be lunch tomorrow.

No diets for me.

That's probably better for you than bread and a soda.
billryan
billryan
June 2nd, 2019 at 7:28:57 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

No diets for me.

You forgot the brown sugar. Then top it off with a Diet Coke.
  • Jump to: