Thread Rating:

LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 33
August 12th, 2017 at 8:53:58 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The only way I made it through 2 years on the Big Island was having a full-time job.

Ummm... Which BIG island? Hawaii, I guess. But, many other islands are larger than Hawaii.

Quote: beachbumbabs

Vacation, sure. I give most of you 14 days, tops, and you'll have island fever.

During WW-2 my father was stationed at Oahu island for a period of time (before heading to Iwo Jima). He used to say that Hawaii (referring to the whole state) was as close as anybody could get to Heaven on this planet. If someone lives in a perfect playground -- even a small one -- they might never tire if it.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 63
August 12th, 2017 at 9:57:41 AM permalink
As a teenager, I did two cruises to Bermuda and absolutely fell in love with it, so when I was transferred there as a young officer I was thrilled . Two months in, I started to get itchy and after six months couldn't stand it. Meeting some of my college friends at a weeklong conference didn't help. The cost of living in Bermuda was quite high and you couldn't drive a car there until you lived there for a year. One of my friends was stationed in the Pacific and was telling us how he had a live in "maid" for around $30 a month, the other was in Germany and planned on bringing a Volvo back with him when his tour was up.
Any island will get to you after awhile. In your fathers case, the fact that no one was shooting at him there, and that they most certainly would be in the next place had to have been a factor.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 11
August 12th, 2017 at 12:40:09 PM permalink
Donald Trump is an evil man.

Shame on all of you who voted for him.
The geniuses who thought HRC was running a child sex ring out of the basement of a pizza shop just can't connect the dots on all this trump-Russia stuff....
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 66
August 12th, 2017 at 3:16:56 PM permalink
Terrorism in the USA
Can Trump call this terrorism
of course not, too weak
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
RS
RS
  • Threads: 49
August 12th, 2017 at 4:35:15 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

I agree. Parading and rioting down streets in the name of "protest" should be considered terrorism. Makes it difficult to drive (proof in video) and frequently stores get looted.

Streets are for driving, not walking and chanting. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 26
August 12th, 2017 at 4:52:45 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

I agree. Parading and rioting down streets in the name of "protest" should be considered terrorism. Makes it difficult to drive (proof in video) and frequently stores get looted.

Streets are for driving, not walking and chanting. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

RS Blocked.
Embrace the Variance Good news: I was once at a lifetime Blackjack Profit of £18K Bad News: Gravity prevailed.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 63
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabsRomes
August 12th, 2017 at 6:05:56 PM permalink

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

Americans died today, protesting Nazis on the streets of our country and you make a joke about it. I know you aren't one in real life, so why be a dick on the internet?
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
August 12th, 2017 at 6:33:16 PM permalink

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

Wow. This is unspeakable callousness, RS. I'm guessing you meant to be ironic, but let me tell you, ya missed.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
August 12th, 2017 at 7:59:17 PM permalink
RS was being sarcastic i think. I get it.

Disgusting behavior in Charlottesville and an initial worse response by an inept president who cares only about his own image.

Quote: Trump

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time."

I really don't understand what white men are protesting about. They (I am) are the most privileged group of people on the planet. Only a group of white men can carry torches and guns down the street without getting arrested or shot at by law enforcement.

Morons.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 49
August 12th, 2017 at 8:16:19 PM permalink
I had no idea what they're protesting, nor do I care (to know what they're protesting about). Don't block the damn street. I read a snippet of an article saying there was some protest with "white nationalists" (which really means nothing in particular, other than they're likely conservative/republican). I made my post with the (mis-)understanding it was right-side people protesting that got run over. Turns out the ones who got run over were counter-protestors I think?

I stand by my belief. Don't block the road. I was kidding about protestors being terrorists, unless they start doing some real crazy sh**. Protesting for a noble cause or against a noble cause, don't block the streets (or do damaging things like rioting/looting/etc.).

There was a YouTube video that surfaced in November or December after the election. Bunch of protesters got on the freeway, trying to stop traffic. One of them got slammed by a car.....then they started calling 911 for an ambulance. How's the ambulance going to get there with all the traffic they caused?

People gotta start thinking instead of just going off of their feelings and making stupid decisions.
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav

• Jump to: