beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 9th, 2016 at 4:58:35 AM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

Godspeed Jonn Glenn

Tried to split this out of Misc Discussion thread but the thread is too large. Anyway, IMO, it deserves a thread of its own. So here it is.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
December 9th, 2016 at 5:24:08 AM permalink
I was 3 when Glenn blasted off. One of my earliest memories, partly because my folks planted us in front of the television and told us we must watch and remember. My dad was a space nut all his life.

Worked the shuttle Discovery Glenn went back up in, in 1998. We (approach control)owned the KSC airspace above the launch pads except during launches, then NASA took it back and we guarded the edges. There were so many VIP's in the area for this particular launch , the airspace was restricted for several days prior.

That day, there were so many pilots circling the perimeter, someone quipped you could have walked from wing to wing and watched it all. There was a solid line of targets the exact distance from the bullseye (center), and two pairs of f16's circling inside to chase intruders. We had at least 6 forcedowns during the launch countdown (I had 6, not sure how many total), pilots who blundered inside the protected airspace or screwed up while trying to use other airports inside the closed airspace.

I got to meet Glenn at the 100th Anniversary of Flight dinner in Washington DC in 2003, and get his autograph on the private label bottle of wine they served. Glenn was the guest of honor, seated at the head table with other Senators and John Travolta, the keynote speaker. We were one table over. Buzz Aldrin was also there, seated at a back table, and came up to gripe (only half kidding imo) about being seated in the back "like an afterthought " when he'd been the one who'd actually walked on the moon in the room.

Glenn was very quiet and humble that night. He only said a couple sentences of thanks to the crowd, and thanked God for all the opportunities he'd had during his life. When I got to speak with him, I thanked him for his service, and told him what an honor it had been to have worked his Discovery flight. (You have to say something when you shove a bottle at someone to autograph, right?) HE thanked ME! Couldn't believe it.

So, anyway, a hero of mine from earliest memory. Godspeed, indeed, John Glenn. You are among the angels, but then you always have been.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 9th, 2016 at 6:23:28 AM permalink
I grew up in Ohio. John Glenn was like this mythical figure. I can still remember my 5th grade teacher talking about how she met him once and acting like it was one of the highlights of her life.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 9th, 2016 at 6:28:11 AM permalink
The term "godspeed"
Is this term related to god?
To me speed means fast and dangerous, not a safe journey
Its a word I hardly ever hear
I do hear it in relation to John Glenn's 1st space trip but that's about it
I read the "Right Stuff" and its in that book
but
I never hear the term in relation to shuttle pilots or say airline pilots
Being an atheist, I don't use the word god a lot and generally stay away from the term "godspeed"
Sometimes I will joke when I hear a sneeze and say "pope bless you :-)"
Still don't understand why people with allergies deserve a blessing more then those that don't sneeze
Last edited by: terapined on Dec 9, 2016
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
December 9th, 2016 at 6:38:58 AM permalink
My understanding is Godspeed is short for something like, May God speed you safely on your journey, and goes back hundreds of years to medieval England or further.

As to blessing sneezes, that also goes back hundreds of years, with people thinking sneezes were the Devil's work, either opening you up to intake, or a demon leaving you, and it was directed at warding him off.

Gee, no wonder you're an atheist, right? :)
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
December 9th, 2016 at 6:58:33 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

As to blessing sneezes, that also goes back hundreds of years, with people thinking sneezes were the Devil's work, either opening you up to intake, or a demon leaving you, and it was directed at warding him off.

Interesting, I always heard the reasoning for God Bless you when one sneezes is because their heart stops beating for a moment when they sneeze (although I don't think that is true).
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
December 9th, 2016 at 7:29:17 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Interesting, I always heard the reasoning for God Bless you when one sneezes is because their heart stops beating for a moment when they sneeze (although I don't think that is true).

I have heard that what happens is the sneeze is timed to occur between heartbeats (thus when the "heart is stopped"). I don't know if that's true either, but it sounds more plausible.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 9th, 2016 at 7:49:43 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

The term "godspeed"
Is this term related to god?
To me speed means fast and dangerous, not a safe journey
Its a word I hardly ever hear
I do hear it in relation to John Glenn's 1st space trip but that's about it
I read the "Right Stuff" and its in that book
but
I never hear the term in relation to shuttle pilots or say airline pilots
Being an atheist, I don't use the word god a lot and generally stay away from the term "godspeed"
Sometimes I will joke when I hear a sneeze and say "pope bless you :-)"
Still don't understand why people with allergies deserve a blessing more then those that don't sneeze

Egads.
I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 9th, 2016 at 9:51:53 AM permalink
John Glenn was my first Hero. I wasn't old enough to really understand what he did, but knew he did something really good and quite dangerous. That Christmas I got a true to scale Mercury Rocket. It stood about three feet tall and at the very top was the thing capsule that he actually flew in. Most of it broke quickly but I kept the capsule for many years. Even had it on a shelf next to a model of the Apollo Lunar Lander as a preteen.
Not even two weeks ago, I put some Project Mercury items up on eBay and had a great trip down Memory Lane while listing them. The Gemini project was what I remember best. We'd actually take time out of class for the takeoff and landings.

Sen. Glenn led an amazing life. Imagine being Ted Williams wing man in Korea, yet that turns out to be one of your minor accomplishments.
Rest in Peace.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
December 9th, 2016 at 10:07:52 AM permalink
John Glenn is the last of the Mercury 7. And he was the oldest of the group.

Although 12 men have walked on the moon, 3 of those 12 had circumnavigated the moon on other flights--in other words, they had been to the moon twice. John Young was one. And John Young flew the first shuttle flight on April 12, 1981. This flight was ecactly 20 years after the first space flight by Yuri Gagarin.
billryan
billryan
December 9th, 2016 at 10:16:35 AM permalink
Last week , I was bidding on a flag that accompanied the crew of Apollo 12 to the Sea of Storms. It was signed by the crew and was from the estate of the widow of Andy Bean. I dropped.out at $1,000 and it sold for $1600, pretty cheap from a flag that has been to the moon. When I look at the carp I buy each week, I should have gone for it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
JoelDeze
JoelDeze
  • Threads: 49
December 9th, 2016 at 10:26:27 AM permalink
Buzz Aldrin Punch

I wonder how often all of these guys had to man up to all of the conspiracy theory trolls during their lifetime.
“It’s a dog eat dog world out there and I’m wearing milkbone underwear .” – Norm Peterson
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 9th, 2016 at 10:27:51 AM permalink
Assaulting people = standing up to conspiracy trolls. He mad tho I wonder why?

I wish I was alive in the 60s so I could have taken my etch a sketch to the moon. Rip JG but you guys really believe all this moon crap lol. Moshe went to the top of a mountain, came back and said he spoke with God and God gave him ten commandments by which we should live by. People say "bs!!! That didn't happen. You just want to control people's minds and take their money." Men blast off into space, say they play golf on those lights in the sky, also they say they saw the earth from space and its that globe in all your classrooms. And we are all like "woooooowwwwww Neatoooooo let's give NASA some more money."

Rip Gus Grissom NASA astronaut, outspoken questioner of Apollo missions, burned alive on the launch pad. Ask his family what they think of the space program.
100% risk of ruin
terapined
terapined
December 9th, 2016 at 10:59:37 AM permalink
Quote: JoelDeze

Buzz Aldrin Punch

I wonder how often all of these guys had to man up to all of the conspiracy theory trolls during their lifetime.

Probably their whole lives
Look at Sandy Hook Parents
Some of them are harassed every single day by conservative gun nuts
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
December 9th, 2016 at 11:05:51 AM permalink
I'm too young to have any memory of John Glenn's flight, but I remember him as a larger than life folk hero. Growing up, I knew that he was the first man to orbit the earth and that Alan Shepherd was the first American in space.

I remember the Apollo missions and I've tried in vain to convey to my kids how awe inspiring they were, the way they captured our collective imagination. The networks covered them nearly wall to wall and we watched for hours even when nothing seemed to be happening, a bunch of technical jargon on a staticky radio with live shots of Mission Control. If a launch or splashdown happened during school hours, class work stopped. A TV on a stand was wheeled to the front of the room so we could witness history.

It seems to me that the Apollo program marked the end of the era of big accomplishments. You can't underestimate how much it influenced the American psyche. In 1967 Apollo 1 burned on the launch pad killing all three crewmen aboard. Two years later we watched Neil and Buzz walking on the moon on live TV. A couple of years later Americans were laying down tracks in a lunar dune buggy. America could do anything.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
billryan
billryan
December 9th, 2016 at 11:32:27 AM permalink
I grew up completely confident we would have resort hotels on the moon for weekend getaways and that kids in my class would be pioneers colonizing Mars.
Rockets would enable us to live in NY and work in LA.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
Thanked by
RogerKint
December 9th, 2016 at 11:34:17 AM permalink
John Glenn was a long time member of the elitist Trilateral Commission, working for world government. As a senator, his voting record matched that of the extreme Left, like Barbara Boxer, Tim Kaine, etc., voting to support the globalist agenda.

But please feel free to attack the messenger. I'm here for you. I'll take my meds, I'll wear my tin foil hat, shiny side out, anything you need to unleash, I'm here for you. Need to call someone an a-hole, I'm your man.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
December 9th, 2016 at 12:07:44 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

John Glenn was a long time member of the elitist Trilateral Commission, working for world government. As a senator, his voting record matched that of the extreme Left, like Barbara Boxer, Tim Kaine, etc., voting to support the globalist agenda.

I have no words...

It is unfortunate that there are so many conspiracy theorists on the right. You give rational conservatives a bad rep bro.

Conspiracy theories aside, while John Glenn represented the opposite side of the aisle of me, he was a national hero. PERIOD.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 9th, 2016 at 12:12:00 PM permalink

Buzz Aldrin Punch

Bart needed more hobbies or love, or something. Maybe just nuts.

Quote:

Bart Sibrel
Born
Occupation
Taxi driver, conspiracy theorist
Years active
1985–present

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Sibrel
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 12:33:54 PM permalink

I have no words...

It is unfortunate that there are so many conspiracy theorists on the right. You give rational conservatives a bad rep bro.

Conspiracy theories aside, while John Glenn represented the opposite side of the aisle of me, he was a national hero. PERIOD.

Sounds like you don't know anything about the Trilateral Commission. Conspiracies necessarily require an element of secrecy. But the TC ain't secret. And they ain't a theory. They are open about everything they are working for, a one-world government. Do you also think David Rockefeller is a national hero? The TC is a very small group, only 100 members in North America. They are the cream of the crop. Not just a liberal "study group".

Go ahead and knock me, I already invited it. I'm used to it. But you could actually do yourself a favor and learn what our leaders are up to. A good starting point is the now hard-to-find book by Zbigniew Brzezinski, called Between Two Ages. Brzezinski conceptualized the TC. In the book, he described America as obsolete. He described Marxism as an advancement for mankind. He concluded that the goal is world government. Three years later he became our National Security Advisor under President Carter.

So any member of the TC necessarily subscribes to these ideas. America is obsolete, Marxism is an advancement for Man, and the goal is world government. Sound like stuff that makes a national hero?

"There is nothing so powerful as truth, and often nothing so strange."
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
December 9th, 2016 at 12:43:30 PM permalink
I really have nothing further to add. You sound like every other conspiracy theorist. 9/11 was an inside job, Moon Landing, Illuminati.

YOU are in the know and the rest of us are sheep. All people who espouse the same craziness you do say the same things.
JimRockford
JimRockford
December 9th, 2016 at 12:50:18 PM permalink

I really have nothing further to add. You sound like every other conspiracy theorist. 9/11 was an inside job, Moon Landing, Illuminati.

YOU are in the know and the rest of us are sheep. All people who espouse the same craziness you do say the same things.

I think this topic deserves its own thread. We haven't even started on the council on foreign relations and that secret meeting thing.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 12:55:56 PM permalink

Mister Objective. lol
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
December 9th, 2016 at 1:07:54 PM permalink

Buzz Aldrin Punch

The Saturn 5 remains the most powerful rocket ever built.

It stood 363 ft. tall and carried 203,400 gallons of kerosene fuel plus 318,000 gallons of liquid oxygen fuel.

It could carry a 150 ton payload into low orbit.

On liftoff it had 7.5 million pounds of thrust.

Buzz Aldrin sat on top of all that and rode it to the moon.

Only a total idiot would call a man like that a coward and poke him in the chest.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 1:11:22 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

I think this topic deserves its own thread. We haven't even started on the council on foreign relations and that secret meeting thing.

The CFR is a large group, a couple thousand members. Yes, many or most members lean toward the globalist agenda, world government. But membership in it does not absolutely mean a person commits to that. There have been innocent people invited. Some have discovered what it's about once inside and wrote to expose it. Like Admiral Chester Ward, for example. But the Trilateral Commission is a little different. No innocent members in that, baby. They are the real McCoy, the cream of the crop.

This year's republican primary was a weird thing. At first I thought I liked Ted Cruz. His voting record was staunchly conservative, him and Mike Lee out of Utah. At one time Cruz even described the CFR as a den of vipers. THEN, I found out his wife was a longtime member. lol Wtf? That really confused me. Then the Goldman Sachs stuff, finally I gave up on Cruz and I don't know what to think about him now.

Yes, the CFR was founded in 1921. Pushing for the League of Nations, which was to be the framework for world government. It didn't work. Now they have the United Nations to fill the gap. They're still working on it. It ain't an easy job to get every country in the world to surrender their sovereignty. Brexit must have pissed them off.

By the way, you mentioned "that secret meeting thing". I'm not sure which one you meant. I know the Bilderberg Meeting is CERTAINLY secretive stuff. REALLY secret! I already mentioned on this group that our new Sec. of Defense, James Mad Dog Mattis attended last year's Bilderberg meeting. I don't know what that means, but I'm just sayin. He may not be a member, but HE KNOWS what they talked about, he was there.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 1:27:32 PM permalink

The CFR is a large group, a couple thousand members. Yes, many or most members lean toward the globalist agenda, world government. But membership in it does not absolutely mean a person commits to that. There have been innocent people invited. Some have discovered what it's about once inside and wrote to expose it. Like Admiral Chester Ward, for example.

"The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations
is promoting the disarmament of U.S. sovereignty and
national independence and submergence into an all powerful,
one world government."

Rear Admiral Chester Ward
Rear Admiral US Navy (retired), CFR member for 16 years, Judge Advocate General of the Navy 1956-60
terapined
terapined
December 9th, 2016 at 1:52:33 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Only a total idiot would call a man like that a coward and poke him in the chest.

Jet test pilots joked about the astronaut program
They called them spam in a can
Just along for the ride
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 2:00:07 PM permalink

"The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations
is promoting the disarmament of U.S. sovereignty and
national independence and submergence into an all powerful,
one world government."

Rear Admiral Chester Ward
Rear Admiral US Navy (retired), CFR member for 16 years, Judge Advocate General of the Navy 1956-60

Elaine L. Chao - Trump's Transportation Sec - Member of Council on Foreign Relations

Just sayin. I'm watching.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
December 9th, 2016 at 2:20:09 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Assaulting people = standing up to conspiracy trolls. He mad tho I wonder why?

I wish I was alive in the 60s so I could have taken my etch a sketch to the moon. Rip JG but you guys really believe all this moon crap lol. Moshe went to the top of a mountain, came back and said he spoke with God and God gave him ten commandments by which we should live by. People say "bs!!! That didn't happen. You just want to control people's minds and take their money." Men blast off into space, say they play golf on those lights in the sky, also they say they saw the earth from space and its that globe in all your classrooms. And we are all like "woooooowwwwww Neatoooooo let's give NASA some more money."

Rip Gus Grissom NASA astronaut, outspoken questioner of Apollo missions, burned alive on the launch pad. Ask his family what they think of the space program.

I have a good friend named S**** Grissom, Gus' nephew. He's a total space person, as is his family, and they know exactly what Gus did and what NASA has done. And yes, we went to the moon. Please don't imply Gus was killed deliberately. It simply didn't happen that way.
terapined
terapined
December 9th, 2016 at 3:11:20 PM permalink

. Please don't imply Gus was killed deliberately. It simply didn't happen that way.

???????
Another BS conspiracy theory?
I was always under the impression it was an accident, the fire
I have never heard otherwise
billryan
billryan
December 9th, 2016 at 3:47:42 PM permalink
I'm not sure what is sadder. The garbage sprouted here by an unfortunate few or that so many of you refuse to ignore it and rise to the bait. Ignore a troll and they move on. Engage them and they win.
RogerKint
RogerKint
December 9th, 2016 at 3:59:56 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm not sure what is sadder. The garbage sprouted here by an unfortunate few or that so many of you refuse to ignore it and rise to the bait. Ignore a troll and they move on. Engage them and they win.

Someone doesn't worship at the feet of your space priests the way you do and you call them trolls. People have been suspended here for less. John was the first to orbit the earth in '62 and six years later we are flying through the Van Ellen radiation belts Willy Nilly. What a joke.
100% risk of ruin
RogerKint
RogerKint
December 9th, 2016 at 4:08:59 PM permalink

I have a good friend named S**** Grissom, Gus' nephew. He's a total space person, as is his family, and they know exactly what Gus did and what NASA has done. And yes, we went to the moon. Please don't imply Gus was killed deliberately. It simply didn't happen that way.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm also not just randomly questioning his death. His widow, Betty Grissom does.

Let me guess Gus Grissoms widow is a troll too. My comments aren't welcomed on this subject by the OP so I respectfully won't comment in this thread anymore.
100% risk of ruin
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 9th, 2016 at 4:36:57 PM permalink
If in fact JG favored a so-called "one world government," I salute him.

Unless we all become as one, mankind is doomed to destroy himself via war / aggression.
"What, me worry?"
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 4:51:24 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

If in fact JG favored a so-called "one world government," I salute him.

Unless we all become as one, mankind is doomed to destroy himself via war / aggression.

World government is the antithesis of our wonderful country. There has been more individual freedom and prosperity because of the United States of America and its Constitution that in any time or place in the world's history. The rest of the world has enjoyed tyrants and dictatorships and misery. It is the independence of the United States that is the hope of Mankind, not some socialist-style world government. Only tyrants want world government.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 5:05:22 PM permalink

I guess I can assume you're talking about me. I am not a troll. I speak the truth about the Trilateral Commission, it's not my fault if you are ignorant of this particular topic. You haven't studied it like I have. I also speak the truth about John Glenn being a longtime member of the Commission. It's not a secret, it's not a conspiracy, it's a fact that he was a member. It's also a fact that he voted in lockstep with the extreme Left as a senator. So what "garbage" has "sprouted"? You just don't know what you're talking about. I can't help that. But I still remember quite clearly when I joined this group that YOU thought it was wrong to offer American History as a course in a formal education setting. I won't apologize for being opinionated.
MrV
MrV
December 9th, 2016 at 5:05:32 PM permalink
Whatever.

But without it, we will die in nuclear fire.

Not if: when.
"What, me worry?"
terapined
terapined
December 9th, 2016 at 5:10:16 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Let me guess Gus Grissoms widow is a troll too. My comments aren't welcomed on this subject by the OP so I respectfully won't comment in this thread anymore.

I watched the video
2 things that struck me
The original capsule is stored away - the evidence of the accident is still available
Thomas Baron was killed by a train and there was a witness. A train accident cant really be planned and way to elaborate for a plan
Just BS conspiracy theory

I think all these conspiracy theory's out there are just wacko
except
maybe
JFK
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 5:24:00 PM permalink

Whatever.

But without it, we will die in nuclear fire.

Not if: when.

Is this a reply to me? It's an interesting response. How, may I ask you, is world government supposed to prevent "nuclear fire", as you put it? All the worst murderers and tyrants in our history have wanted world government and ultimate power. Mao, Stalin, Hitler, to name a few. What do you think would be the natural result of ALL power, all military power, consolidated in one central entity? Like the United Nations? There have been more wars than ever since the founding of the United Nations, "man's supposed last hope for peace". The United Nations isn't really a peace organization, it is a war organization. Did you know that the UN Charter was written by Molotov, Vishinsky, and Alger Hiss? Two Soviets and a Soviet spy. What kind of world peace do you think these types of men really wanted?

No, Mr. V, your response of "whatever" doesn't really cut it.
billryan
billryan
December 9th, 2016 at 6:19:21 PM permalink
Your memory is clear as mud. What I said, and still say, is that there is no need for colleges to research American History that everyone learned in elementary and secondary schools. Just as college math classes don't teach addition or subtraction. I explained that to you once before, but you ignored it then as well.
MrV
MrV
December 9th, 2016 at 6:48:02 PM permalink

How, may I ask you, is world government supposed to prevent "nuclear fire", as you put it?

Assume hypothetically that "the chumps finally wise up."

Yeah, it'll take awhile, and I won't hold my breath.

But just assume they conclude that religion is no longer important, and the world becomes atheistic.

Religion has caused more wars in the past two thousand years than any other cause.

OK, so what about a country wanting to expand its borders, to get "lebensraum?"

Have just one government, one country: a unified planet with one supreme ruler, or ruling body.

Without countries, without political entities free to tax and arm themselves, war would be impossible.
"What, me worry?"
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 6:57:03 PM permalink

Your memory is clear as mud. What I said, and still say, is that there is no need for colleges to research American History that everyone learned in elementary and secondary schools. Just as college math classes don't teach addition or subtraction. I explained that to you once before, but you ignored it then as well.

Then how come college kids don't know jack about basic American history?

That was easy. Thank you for confirming my point so well. I like conversing with you.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 7:01:29 PM permalink

But just assume they conclude that religion is no longer important, and the world becomes atheistic.

Religion has caused more wars in the past two thousand years than any other cause.

Have just one government, one country: a unified planet with one supreme ruler, or ruling body.

Without countries, without political entities free to tax and arm themselves, war would be impossible.

You sound like John Lennon. No disrespect intended, but your post sounds pretty naive, Mr.V.

Agree to disagree.
terapined
terapined
December 9th, 2016 at 7:02:22 PM permalink

Wow
A world without religion
How cool would that be
Of course would never happen
but
if it did
I envision world peace :-)
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 7:13:00 PM permalink

Wow
A world without religion
How cool would that be
but
if it did

Yeah, double Wow!
Stalin and Mao's only religion was murdering over 100 million people.

And guess what, they have peace in Vietnam now. No more war. And no more freedom.

I can't believe I'm having these easy and basic conversations. Softballs. lol
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Thanked by
bobbartop
December 9th, 2016 at 7:18:00 PM permalink

Wow
A world without religion
How cool would that be
but
if it did

Religion has always been an easy scapegoat for the worlds problems. What causes men to kill each other? Greed and Envy.

These these will exist even if religion fades.
JimRockford
JimRockford
December 10th, 2016 at 6:54:08 AM permalink
I am grateful to John Glenn for his lifetime of service to our country, as a Marine, as an astronaut, as a senator and as a citizen. My he rest in peace.
  • Jump to: