FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
April 22nd, 2017 at 1:25:17 AM permalink
Daily dose of diet soda triples risk of stroke and dementia.
(Fox News).
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 22nd, 2017 at 2:43:00 AM permalink
I've been thinking about the idea sugar feeds cancer lately. I dont know if it's true. Believing it true and being afraid to eat sugar so much you cut it out, will not hurt you. Sugar is EVERYWHERE though, ketchup, bread, restaurant meals, prepared foods, etc. I'd bet when you cut out pie, candy bars, cakes, brownies, you might wind up eating more fiber, something we all need. There's going to be a lot of people that are going to suffer because they lived on Coke and never ate salads and raisin bran.
I am a robot.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 22nd, 2017 at 4:10:06 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Somehow I completely missed this post.

I completely missed this thread. It happens I guess.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 22nd, 2017 at 6:51:19 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I've been thinking about the idea sugar feeds cancer lately. I dont know if it's true. Believing it true and being afraid to eat sugar so much you cut it out, will not hurt you. Sugar is EVERYWHERE though, ketchup, bread, restaurant meals, prepared foods, etc. I'd bet when you cut out pie, candy bars, cakes, brownies, you might wind up eating more fiber, something we all need. There's going to be a lot of people that are going to suffer because they lived on Coke and never ate salads and raisin bran.

So with my diet I gave up the pop and snacks and added fiber 1 bars and lots of green veggies. I will definitely say I noticed a change in my bathroom habits. I am just curious how much fiber is too much and how to know. I have figured pain is one indicator which I have not had so does that mean I should even eat more fiber?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 22nd, 2017 at 6:58:38 AM permalink
The amount of fiber recommended by, say, the American Cancer Society is enormous, so I don't think you can get too much without getting sick of it.

I don't recommend mixing types of fiber when also maxing it, though - the amount of gas that can produce can be beyond belief.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 22nd, 2017 at 7:20:13 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

and being afraid to eat sugar

No need to avoid sugar completely, simply decrease the amount and particularly the glycemic load.

Take your fructose as fruit not fruit juice.
Apples rather than applesauce.
Switch from Frosted Flakes to simple corn flakes.

Cut out the ketchup, candy, "protein" bars that are really 'sugar bars', etc.

Re: ketchup
Mash a gallon of ripe tomatas; add to it one pound of salt, press out the juice, and to each quart add a quarter of a pound of anchovies, two ounces of eshallots, and an ounce of ground black pepper; simmer the mixture for a quarter of an hour; then strain it through a sieve, and put to it a quarter of an ounce of pounded mace, the same quantity of allspice, ginger, and nutmeg, and a half a drachm of cochineal; let the whole simmer for twenty minutes, and strain it through a bag: when cold, bottle it:
Please note the absence of any mention of sugar in this catsup recipe from 1757.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Apr 22, 2017
InTimeForSpace1
InTimeForSpace1
  • Threads: 0
April 22nd, 2017 at 8:18:29 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

The amount of fiber recommended by, say, the American Cancer Society is enormous, so I don't think you can get too much without getting sick of it.

"High fiber foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and nuts are an essential part of a healthy diet. But, if your fiber intake exceeds your daily recommendation or if you suddenly start eating too much fiber, it can result in abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, or even constipation." (OG, I hope you can read this, and without all the posturing. I didn't write it, lol.)
Believers are the ones who keep at it long after they've been told it can't be done. On the other hand, the real experts shouldn't care about the crackpots. But, if the wrong answer begs the question, then the wrong question begs the answer.
  • Jump to: