TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2339
September 10th, 2016 at 8:40:25 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Quote: TomG

under 150, I'll give even money (+100)



I'll put $100 on that.



I'll take that.

If I fail to eat 100 I'll pay $100 to anyone in attendance who can correctly pick the side and total of the Sunday night NFL game.
If I fail to eat 150 I'll pay $100 to anyone in attendance who can correctly pick the side and total of the Sunday night and Monday night NFL games.
If I fail to eat 200 I'll pay $100 to anyone in attendance who can correctly pick the side and total of the Sunday night, Monday night and following Thursday night NFL games.
More than one winner and they split the money
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 1422
September 10th, 2016 at 10:25:19 PM permalink
#2 location is good. Recently refurbed with lots of parking for patrons. Could be busy on a Saturday. Would have been better location if Riviera still existed...
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1387
  • Posts: 23294
September 19th, 2016 at 6:47:58 PM permalink
I must say that I'm disappointed in the level of interest in this challenge. I don't think a single person other than Tom and I have confirmed attending the challenge.

Unfortunately, I think we should broach the idea of postponing this until there is more interest. Perhaps something to anchor the Spring Fling around.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1978
September 20th, 2016 at 5:52:38 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I must say that I'm disappointed in the level of interest in this challenge. I don't think a single person other than Tom and I have confirmed attending the challenge.

I wonder if the title of this thread has something to do with it. "How to Eat 200 McNuggets" doesn't convey that there is an actual challenge.

Maybe if the thread was re-titled, or if you start a new titled something like "McNugget Challenge #X, This Time --200," more people would be viewing/participating in the thread.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1387
  • Posts: 23294
September 20th, 2016 at 6:35:19 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I wonder if the title of this thread has something to do with it. "How to Eat 200 McNuggets" doesn't convey that there is an actual challenge.



Good idea. I just changed the title.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 187
  • Posts: 10498
September 20th, 2016 at 7:26:50 AM permalink
Perhaps a new thread, one that also has G2E in the title is a better idea. I just "found" this thread and sifted thru multiple pages to get here.

On a side note, is there a specific G2E roll call / agenda thread?

Isn't there a McD still at Hawaiian Gardens? Or near there? Relatively easy strip access, good size, and access to the back parking lot in the event we get kicked out.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
September 20th, 2016 at 10:35:40 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Perhaps a new thread, one that also has G2E in the title is a better idea. I just "found" this thread and sifted thru multiple pages to get here.

On a side note, is there a specific G2E roll call / agenda thread?

Isn't there a McD still at Hawaiian Gardens? Or near there? Relatively easy strip access, good size, and access to the back parking lot in the event we get kicked out.



I don't know why, but selecting a McDonald's because it is located near a convenient location if you get kicked out, is really funny to me...

I think part of the lack of interest could be PokerGrinder's previous "Apollo 11: First man on the moon" performance holding down 100 of the old skool McNuggets. Going for 200 now is like Apollo 13 (hopefully, without the blow out).

There is also the question of the contestant's "amateur" eligibility. The question has been asked, but I don't recall seeing an answer.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1387
  • Posts: 23294
September 20th, 2016 at 10:49:14 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Perhaps a new thread, one that also has G2E in the title is a better idea. I just "found" this thread and sifted thru multiple pages to get here.



I agree that the event could have been promoted better. It has been talked about a lot in several different threads but never really had a solid one of its own.

Again, I motion to put this off until the Spring Fling. However, if Tom wants me to honor the deals I've made so far, I, of course, will. I will also honor the same deals in the spring.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
Joined: Jul 27, 2016
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 943
September 20th, 2016 at 11:11:48 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I agree that the event could have been promoted better. It has been talked about a lot in several different threads but never really had a solid one of its own.

Again, I motion to put this off until the Spring Fling. However, if Tom wants me to honor the deals I've made so far, I, of course, will. I will also honor the same deals in the spring.



I think you should do that. It would also give you the chance to host a pre-event: a freezeout Hold'Em tournament using only Chicken McNuggets as chips.
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 1422
September 20th, 2016 at 7:52:08 PM permalink
If the 200 Challenge happens this weekend, I will be in attendance.

  • Jump to: