DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
June 1st, 2016 at 4:31:48 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

...What do we set the odds at that Walters will skip bail and disappear?...

IMO he's not the disappearing kind. Besides having so much wealth involved in complex triple-bank-shot gov't sponsored land scams that don't go in a duffel-bag, he thrives on promoting his own personality, he's very "connected" and a guy who believes (with good reason) that he can get into or out of just about anything with an "aw shucks, I'm just a nice country boy" line of BS. He made his first few million selling cars. He's not a William. He's "Billy." If he spends time as a guest of the Feds I believe he'll go there with a brass band and a publicist and will be thinking he'll leave with all their wallets and watches and shoes and lunch money, including the reporters & judge & the warden, and that he'll convince them to like it. And he might.

But if I'm mistaken, leaving the $25m on the table won't be a problem for him.
Nevermind.
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
  • Threads: 1
June 1st, 2016 at 4:39:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

I'm not saying he won lt get convicted I'm just saying given age and other mitigating factors he may plead guilty for a large large fine - and probation
They fact that nickelson wasn't charged speaks volumes

I think Phil will eitherr perjure himself or hurt Billy's chances of beating the rap. I wonder if Special Agent Thomas B. Noble is involved again? He had delusions of grandeur and even bragged that the Mafia was behind the computer group. At 5:30 in the morning, Billy's wife was arrested downstairs, while Billy was still sleeping. Both he and his wife were led outside in handcuffs, before waiting reporters and photographers. Billy never held a grudge, but to this day is still pissed that at booking, his wife was led in with leg irons.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 118
June 1st, 2016 at 4:40:01 PM permalink
It's only a property bond - so in essence it won't change anything - it's like giving someone the title to your car but keeping the car
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 85
June 10th, 2016 at 2:30:45 AM permalink
This is a nice story from the New York Times giving many details of the scam. The main protagonist, Thomas Davis is one of these Wall Street one percenters who fell way down and last month plead guilty to 12 felonies for insider trading. He's facing a possible 20 years in a Federal prison. Davis expected stuff from Walters, not always completely clear what he thought he would get,but in at least one instance it is clear - Walters guaranteed a $400,000 line of credit for Davis. It's a pretty interesting story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/10/business/how-keeping-up-appearances-ruined-a-former-dallas-banker.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
June 18th, 2016 at 11:55:40 AM permalink
Happy father's days, Billy. Scott is so lucky to have you and Susan as his parents
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 118
June 18th, 2016 at 2:36:43 PM permalink
Wow!!!!! Why????????????
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
June 18th, 2016 at 8:53:23 PM permalink
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2014/jun/13/billy-walters-gambler-extraordinare/2/

At his birth, Scott Walters seemed healthy and happy. As a boy, though, he was diagnosed with brain cancer — and his parents faced an impossible choice. If surgeons removed the tumor, they would also destroy part of Scott’s brain; if left undisturbed, the tumor would kill the boy.

I think Scott is 47 or 48 now. Billy has donated over $10,000,000 to charities that help children with disabilities. Never known him to mention it or his son to the general public. Sadly by next fathers day or the one after, Billy will be in jail.
Forget all those bullshit movies and tv shows. Most bookies are stand-up guys and good family men.
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
June 18th, 2016 at 9:04:42 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Bail just set at $25 million.

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL1N18T0X6

The Feds are really serious on this one. What do we set the odds at that Walters will skip bail and disappear? We can also bet what country would he go to that would not extradite him.

Only gambler to disappear while in Fed spotlight was Julius the Lord Salisbury. A Baltimore boy before Wiz's time frame. He disappeared in 1970. Only at his wife and daughters request. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2006-10-21/news/0610210290_1_bookmaking-gambling-baltimore

Like Billy Feds had a hot nut for him A few hours after raiding the oasis and being arrested, the Supreme court struck down the gambling tax law. Gambling was illegal, especially if you did not have a gambling tax stamp.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 54
June 18th, 2016 at 10:18:39 PM permalink
Anyone seen a story about just exactly what Phil Mickelson was betting with Walters on? Was it golf or football games or what? Thanks.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
June 19th, 2016 at 7:54:36 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Wow!!!!! Why????????????

This:

Quote: onalinehorse

Look at me, look at me, everybody MUST look at ME right now! Because I'm Buzzard at a keyboard in Grand Junction, CO (and the other several hundred identities chattering in the Buzzard-brain) and I'm so cool 'cause I can spam websites that I've been kicked off of. And I want you to see I must be a really clever special kind of guy to make so many fake online IDs on a forum. And you should know that I'm connected to the mob and know all about all kinds of really cool big cheese criminals, because of course the first thing all mob people do is advertise themselves and their mob connections in public web discussion forums hundreds upon hundreds of times to make sure everybody knows that I know a lot.

Nevermind.

• Jump to: