Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
May 19th, 2016 at 9:50:07 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

...I can't help thinking of a couple dozen politicians off the top of my head who should be doing life without parole...

Change "couple dozen" to "many thousands" and I'll agree with you.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 118
May 19th, 2016 at 9:51:14 PM permalink
I'm not saying he won lt get convicted I'm just saying given age and other mitigating factors he may plead guilty for a large large fine - and probation
They fact that nickelson wasn't charged speaks volumes
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 80
May 19th, 2016 at 10:51:13 PM permalink
Can I parlay it with Hilary Clinton being sent to jail and the loch ness monster being found
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 275
May 20th, 2016 at 3:22:33 AM permalink
stock symbol for Dean Foods is DF

pretty flat running stock, one big exception being in May 2013, when it dropped about 22 points [something similar in 2007]. A lot of money to be made shorting it.
"Baccarat is a game whereby the croupier gathers in money with a flexible sculling oar, then rakes it home. If I could have borrowed his oar I would have stayed." .......... Mark Twain
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
May 20th, 2016 at 6:04:34 AM permalink
Real Estate, fraud, and crooked roulette wheels made him good coin, his sportsbetting prowess is highly overrated and overestimated.
RenoGambler
RenoGambler
  • Threads: 2
May 20th, 2016 at 7:41:58 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

I'm not saying he won lt get convicted I'm just saying given age and other mitigating factors he may plead guilty for a large large fine - and probation
They fact that nickelson wasn't charged speaks volumes

The fact that Mickelson was fined and had his name prominently appear in national news stories may also work in Walters' favor. The prosecutors are already getting positive press for "doing something" about insider trading. The government may not feel they need to be quite as aggressive to get good publicity. They can offer a plea deal and say justice was served. I agree. Walters will do little if any jail time. But I think a fine and probation are highly probable.
Variance giveth and variance taketh away.
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
May 20th, 2016 at 7:45:16 AM permalink
Think he does time
DRich
DRich
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 189
May 22nd, 2016 at 5:08:26 AM permalink
Here's another from the on-line FORTUNE Magazine site.

"How Phil Mickelson Got a Mulligan on His Insider Trading Scandal"

http://fortune.com/2016/05/21/phil-mickelson-insider-trading-scandal/

"Nonetheless, according to the SECís complaint, the day after talking to Walters, Mickelson allegedly bought over 200,000 shares of Dean Foods or $2.4 million worth, according to the SEC complaint. Some of the shares were bought with marginóor money borrowed from the brokeróand spread among three different accounts. A week later, Dean Foods announced it was doing a spin-off and that earnings were better than expected. Dean Foodsí shares spiked and Mickelson allegedly immediately sold, according to the SEC, pocketing nearly $1 million in roughly a week. Mickelson later allegedly used some of the money he made to pay back what he owed to the Walters, according to the SEC. Mickelsonís lawyer says the SEC has its facts wrong, but didnít say which ones.
I don't give a hoot about what people have to say, I'm laughing as I'm analyzed. Lunatics anonymous, that's where we belong, Sure, cause I am one, till my strength is gone, Yeah, this beat goes on - Da Kings: The North Coast's Friday Anthem
DRich
DRich
June 1st, 2016 at 2:41:37 PM permalink
Bail just set at $25 million.

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL1N18T0X6

The Feds are really serious on this one. What do we set the odds at that Walters will skip bail and disappear? We can also bet what country would he go to that would not extradite him.

• Jump to: