Thread Rating:

HeySlick
HeySlick
  • Threads: 3
November 14th, 2015 at 10:23:20 AM permalink
RonC

I frequently hear the allegation that president Obama is a covert Muslim or a Muslim sympathizer; I don't agree in the way it is presented because even if he favored Muslims I just don't think there is any part of him that favors Muslim Extremists Terrorists. Being a Muslim or sympathizing with Muslims as a whole is not the issue and, in my opinion, it distracts from what should be obvious to everyone at this point:

I didn't highlight your last line in the paragraph above - because that is another issue/topic in and of its self. President Obama refuses to address the extremist element within the Muslim populous ---- IMO he seems to think it isn't a problem - even tho current events suggest otherwise. I hope our next President takes this serious problem with more resolve than his predecessor. I just cannot understand our politicians who feel America should allow more and more Muslims into America --- WTF?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 14th, 2015 at 10:24:51 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

IAs for the Obama blame, this was an attack on French soil and has nothing to do with the current administration.

A hero of the left, Wikileaks, disagrees:

" At least 39 dead tonight in Paris terror atacks. 250k dead in Syria & Iraq. Both a direct result of US, UK, France feeding Sunni extremists.
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) November 13, 2015"

Maybe if Canada permitted the use of the word "terrorism" in public places like the CBC, Canadians might have a clearer understanding of world affairs.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 14th, 2015 at 10:28:24 AM permalink
I vote for extermination.

Start with massive air strikes on Mosul and Ar-Raqqah, the two "capitols" of ISIS: level them.

Join with Russia in a combined effort to exterminate these vermin: agree to the use of tactical nuclear weapons if necessary.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
November 14th, 2015 at 10:33:58 AM permalink
I think Terapined might agree.

Quote: SanchoPanza

Reiterating a prior response because the same invalid comparison is being restated: It is deceitful to compare a handful of known shouting protesters to series of handfuls of unknown mass murderers.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 14th, 2015 at 11:03:30 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

We can kill them all now, or kill them all later. It's just a matter of the magnitude of the atrocities were willing to tolerate.

Or we can depend on the the boymimbos of this world to write them to death.

Yeahhh...that's a constructive post. Rudeness gets you nowhere.

I guar-an-tee you, if those planning, financing, and executing these attacks could be pre-identified, or found within a geographic boundary, there would be a sizzling, glaring field of molten glass there now. And I doubt I, boymimbo, or anybody else on here would have a problem with it.

Short of some hypothetical and highly improbable result, yeah, we do need to talk about these things, because of the financial, moral, and practical aspects of any course of action or inaction. And we need to do that while recognizing common goals, which you're dismissing with a post like that.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 14th, 2015 at 11:10:40 AM permalink
This should be THE issue in the presidential debates.

Ask hard questions, demand firm answers.

Elect the one with the best plan.
"What, me worry?"
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
November 14th, 2015 at 11:34:10 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeahhh...that's a constructive post. Rudeness gets you nowhere.

I guar-an-tee you, if those planning, financing, and executing these attacks could be pre-identified, or found within a geographic boundary, there would be a sizzling, glaring field of molten glass there now. And I doubt I, boymimbo, or anybody else on here would have a problem with it.

Short of some hypothetical and highly improbable result, yeah, we do need to talk about these things, because of the financial, moral, and practical aspects of any course of action or inaction. And we need to do that while recognizing common goals, which you're dismissing with a post like that.

Damn, I think she wants me!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 14th, 2015 at 12:21:28 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

This should be THE issue in the presidential debates.

Ask hard questions, demand firm answers.

Elect the one with the best plan.

Trump said he will "bomb the sh** out of ISIS."

Sounds like a good plan to me. Unfortunately he gave no further details.

And then took to Twitter to criticize Obama for not doing enough.

On the same day Obama took out Jihad John with a drone strike.

Trump logic!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 14th, 2015 at 12:49:34 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Quote: HeySlick

Of course that's the underlying problem --- unfortunately Americas commander in chief refuses to acknowledge that fact. IMO President Obama is a covert Muslim and, he has said from the very beginning he's going to transform America -- wow! isn't that pretty much what the Muslim extremist want to do as well ?? Except they want to do it in a very deadly and violent fashion -- wow! talk about polarizing parallels. The current administration will continue to allow more and more Muslim refugees into America before he leaves office.

Being a Muslim or sympathizing with Muslims as a whole is not the issue and, in my opinion, it distracts from what should be obvious to everyone at this point:

President Obama has failed miserably at foreign policy.
These folks are not the JV and, if they perhaps were when he said that, they are now the Varsity. They are not "contained" or "under control" or anything of the sort. Closing Gitmo won't make anything better. Giving in to them won't make things better. Negotiating with them will not make anything better. These people are committed enough to their cause to strap on a bomb and blow themselves up. We aren't committed enough to best them at this point..

It is very hard to win against committed suicide bombers. About the best you can hope for is that they blow up while getting dressed for work...
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 14th, 2015 at 12:54:33 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Trump said he will "bomb the sh** out of ISIS." Sounds like a good plan to me. Unfortunately he gave no further details.

It would not be a sensible military tactic to release the coordinates of the targets.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 14th, 2015 at 1:50:05 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

It would not be a sensible military tactic to release the coordinates of the targets.

Exactly
We have no idea the counter terrorism operations in place
The last thing any President should do is make public all our operations for politics sake.
Lets not make our game plan public for the enemy

Kennedy was sure Eisenhower was soft on Cuba
He becomes President and is surprised there are plans in development to invade Cuba
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
November 15th, 2015 at 12:44:26 AM permalink
While I can't imagine anyone thinks ISIS will do much but be constantly taken down, even if one person at a time, it reminded me of something to consider. Bolding is mine.

Quote:

When the main communist operation began the next morning the offensive was countrywide and well coordinated, eventually more than 80,000 communist troops striking more than 100 towns and cities, including 36 of 44 provincial capitals, five of the six autonomous cities, 72 of 245 district towns, and the southern capital.[12] The offensive was the largest military operation conducted by either side up to that point in the war.

The initial attacks stunned the US and South Vietnamese armies and caused them to temporarily lose control of several cities, but they quickly regrouped to beat back the attacks, inflicting massive casualties on communist forces. During the Battle of Huế, intense fighting lasted for a month resulting in the destruction of the city by US forces. During their occupation, the communists executed thousands of people in the Massacre at Huế. Around the US combat base at Khe Sanh fighting continued for two more months. Although the offensive was a military defeat for the communists, it had a profound effect on the US government and shocked the US public, which had been led to believe by its political and military leaders that the communists were, due to previous defeats, incapable of launching such a massive effort.

I mean, all things considered, I expect nothing but even more beatdowns on terrorists. No matter what they do, I expect they will continue to get the worst of it 24/7.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tet_Offensive
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: