Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
January 11th, 2015 at 12:56:44 PM permalink
The California self park is 3 or 5 upfront, but it is refunded at the cage with 50 points of play that day on a Bconnected card, or a food purchase at one of the eateries. I thought they also considered food purchased at Main Street Station okay for the parking refund too.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 11th, 2015 at 1:23:11 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

Sorry guys, won't make today. Family commitments.
Have a great time!

Sorry to hear it, but have a good evening.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
January 11th, 2015 at 2:51:19 PM permalink
Pacman is intending to go as well so that should add another games inventor into the mix :-)

See you all at 6pm.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
January 11th, 2015 at 6:03:07 PM permalink
Sooooo.... Are people in?

Cross that.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
January 11th, 2015 at 11:38:54 PM permalink
We had a great social gathering tonight at Main Street Station -- probably the highest attendance I have witnessed at a WoV event. I took some photos and will post them when I get back home. Don't look for them before the 19th or 20th.

On a very positive note, the tab was picked up by a new (to me) acquaintance. Thank you!

After dinner, some of us wanted to try a little gaming, but the MSS tables were too crowded. We decided to walk to the 4Queens, where they too were crowded. There was an emptying table for Blackjack Switch, and it was immediately refilled with WoV members including the game's inventor. I instead headed over to lose a little at craps, but I had to call it an early night -- we got up this morning at 3 a.m. Pacific time to catch our flight out of Charlotte (6 a.m. there), and my wife and I needed some rest. I'm headed for bed now & expect to have a lot of fun before heading back home.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 12th, 2015 at 3:11:44 AM permalink
We had a great mix of folks...I think it ended up being 30 for dinner. I really enjoyed the group.

Wizard did an excellent but hard trivia game. Doc placed first by half a point but ineligible to win, so it went to DRich. Congrats! I especially enjoyed meeting Venthus, Perdition, Robbinghood, MsPGD, and MsParadigm, all new to me. Axel brought his full entourage of ladies, who posed for a great picture; you'll see. And VegasOhio brought a couple of Rover guys as well, though I didn't talk with them much. The restaurant was a little confused on the reservation and all the additional folks, but I think it worked very well in the end.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 12th, 2015 at 7:54:29 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Wizard did an excellent but hard trivia game.

Thank you. The rest of you can play at home. The Q&A can be found in this thread.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 12th, 2015 at 9:01:00 AM permalink
FYI, I was not charged to park at MSS Valet.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
January 12th, 2015 at 10:29:02 AM permalink
Thanks to the Wizard for hosting the event. Thanks to the guy who paid for everyone's order. Not sure if he wanted his name out there but it was appreciated. Thanks to Ohiovegasguy for the free Vegas Rover codes.

Was a big crowd and not something I do very well in but baby steps I guess.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 12th, 2015 at 1:17:21 PM permalink
I missed Axel's girls.... . . .
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
January 12th, 2015 at 1:41:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I missed Axel's girls.... . . .

Not to worry -- I got the photo for you & will post it next week.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 12th, 2015 at 1:56:57 PM permalink
Quote: Perdition

Thanks to the guy who paid for everyone's order.

Amen. He wishes to remain anonymous.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 12th, 2015 at 2:04:47 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

We had a great mix of folks...I think it ended up being 30 for dinner. I really enjoyed the group.

Wizard did an excellent but hard trivia game. Doc placed first by half a point but ineligible to win, so it went to DRich. Congrats! I especially enjoyed meeting Venthus, Perdition, Robbinghood, MsPGD, and MsParadigm, all new to me. Axel brought his full entourage of ladies, who posed for a great picture; you'll see. And VegasOhio brought a couple of Rover guys as well, though I didn't talk with them much. The restaurant was a little confused on the reservation and all the additional folks, but I think it worked very well in the end.

Thirty!? That sounds like a great turnout. Wish I could have made it.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 12th, 2015 at 8:33:25 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

On a very positive note, the tab was picked up by a new (to me) acquaintance. Thank you!

Did he pull a "Charles R. Mosseau?" Charles originated that play.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
ohiovegasguy
ohiovegasguy
  • Threads: 2
January 13th, 2015 at 6:18:43 PM permalink
It was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone on Friday and Sunday. Thanks for the great experience and making me feel welcome especially Wizard and Barbara. It was a great turnout and a meet very well done. Hope to see everyone again in the near future. Big thanks to the mystery person who paid the bill!

Brad
  • Jump to: