petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
November 30th, 2014 at 6:07:12 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote:

Also from wikipedia:

"In the public employment sphere, by the end of 2002, 6.1% of 56,362 Israeli civil servants were Arab.[129] In January 2004, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon declared that every state-run company must have at least one Arab citizen of Israel on its board of directors."

Did the source happen to claim the Arabs were Muslim, or just run of the mill ethnic arabs but Jewish? Hard to fathom Netanyahoo giving the keys to the kingdom to Muslims?

A lot of the menial labor in Israel is performed by Palestinians who are predominantly Muslim.

Quote:

You can post all the links of "exceptions" that you like. I have seen and read far wider than your sources for a number of years

I have no doubt of that, I hardly spent hours and days looking for links, but if you promise to read them, I will find some.

Quote:

wait until those who hate Christians for supposedly being "anti-gay" get the details here

I don't know what you mean? I know the Israeli's are often pro-homosexual, but anti-black, Ethiopian. http://truthtellers.org/alerts/IsraelAdmitsBirthControlonBlackJews.html
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
November 30th, 2014 at 6:58:01 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Saudi Arabia is the spiritual center of islam. Iran is the first nation to have a modern islamic revolution. Pakistan is a large muslim nation at permanent near-war with its non-muslim neighbor. Afghanistan had prohibitions on flying kites, physically punished men for beards too short, and had people burying TV sets to avoid punishment. In Paris non-muslims dare not enter muslim neighboorhoods. In Britian muslims demand alcohol not be served at restaurants *at all!*

This keeps going on and on. Deny anything you want, I see the entire thing for what it is and will keep pointing out the truth by showing what is really happening.

I met a author who had to have armed protection because muslims had a hit ordered on her because she dared write about her experiences in Lebanon as a non-muslim.

I met kids who were in church and saw the Priest killed because muslims came in and demanded he convert on the spot or else. They got away and had to walk across the desert, sometimes drinking urine to survive.

I'm not buying what you are trying to sell, ever.

Yeah so by your reasoning during the Cold war you had a Christian nation as you claim at near war with a non-Christian nation namely the Soviet Union so clearly Christian nations are all super evil never mind the nuances in both of those.

Also about Britain and their Muslims how about Christians in the US who demand abstinence only be taught in school or who try to ban abortion or contraception plenty of those cases in the US. US also has problems with some of the insular orthodox Jewish population.

As for killings you have multitudes of abortion clinic bombers guy who killed Tiller amongst others.

Priest being killed looking at some of the atrocities commited by the Lord's Resistance Army. But of course its only Muslims who are the bad guys and every Muslim nation is evil even though there are plenty that are secular democracies with plenty of religious freedom like Indonesia.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 30th, 2014 at 9:35:43 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

So yes there are clearly many Muslim nations which have religious freedom. As was pointed out by Reza Aslan Muslim nations are incredibly varied and you cannot lump them all together.

It sure seems as if all of them are definitively anti-Semitic:
"The Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries or Jewish exodus from Arab countries (Hebrew: יציאת יהודים ממדינות ערב‎, Yetziat yehudim mi-medinot Arav; Arabic: هجرة اليهود من الدول العربية والإسلامية‎ hijrat al-yahūd min ad-duwal al-ʻArabīyah wal-Islāmīyah) was the departure, flight, migration and expulsion of 800,000–1,000,000 Jews, primarily of Sephardi and Mizrahi background, from Arab and Muslim countries, mainly from 1948 onwards.

A small-scale exodus had begun in many countries in the early decades of the 20th century, although the only substantial aliyah came from Yemen and Syria.[1] Prior to the creation of Israel in 1948, approximately 800,000 Jews were living in lands which now make up the Arab world (excluding Israel). Of these, just under two-thirds lived in the French-controlled Maghreb region, 15–20% in the Kingdom of Iraq, approximately 10% in the Kingdom of Egypt and approximately 7% in the Kingdom of Yemen. A further 200,000 lived in Pahlavi Iran and the Republic of Turkey. Today, around 26,000 Jews live in Arab countries[2] and 26,000 in Turkey.[3]

The first large-scale exoduses took place in the late 1940s and early 1950s, primarily in Iraq, Yemen and Libya, with up to 90% of these communities leaving within a few years. The peak of the exodus from Egypt occurred in 1956. The exodus in the Maghreb countries peaked in the 1960s. Lebanon was the only Arab country to see a temporary increase in its Jewish population during this period, due to an influx of Jews from other Arab countries, although by the mid-1970s the Jewish community of Lebanon had also dwindled. In the aftermath of the exodus wave from Arab states, an additional migration of Iranian Jews peaked in the 1980s when around 80% of Iranian Jews left the country.

260,000 Jews from Arab countries had immigrated to Israel between 1948 and 1951, amounting for 56% of the total immigration to the newly founded state.[4] 600,000 Jews from Arab and Muslim countries had reached Israel by 1972.[5][6][7][8]" wikipedia
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
November 30th, 2014 at 10:08:38 PM permalink
FWIW:

Semitic definition: a subfamily of Afroasiatic languages that includes Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Ethiopic, Hebrew, and Phoenician.

Semite:
1. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs.
2. a Jew.
3. a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 30th, 2014 at 10:13:01 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

FWIW: Semitic definition: a subfamily of Afroasiatic languages that includes Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Ethiopic, Hebrew, and Phoenician. Semite:
1. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs.
2. a Jew.

Not knowing the source or applicability of that statement, the prior usage was based on common American usage:

"Full Definition of ANTI-SEMITISM
: hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group
— an·ti–Se·mit·ic adjective " Merriam-Webster
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
November 30th, 2014 at 10:25:31 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

FWIW: Semitic definition: a subfamily of Afroasiatic languages that includes Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Ethiopic, Hebrew, and Phoenician. Semite:
2. a Jew.

Not knowing the source or applicability of that statement, the prior usage was based on common American usage:

: hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group

Sorry, meant to quote the source but got a hot PM. WooHoo!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/semite

Once there, also see semitic.

My post was intended to note the irony that the conversation is currently about Middle Eastern muslims (many/most Arabs) being anti-Semitic. Has always reminded me of the Dr. Seuss book The Sneeches
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 29
November 30th, 2014 at 10:33:57 PM permalink
Pokemon is illegal in Saudi Arabia, and many other Middle Eastern countries based on the head cleric saying "it promotes Zionism and gambling". I think that sums up a lot.

Christians in America say a lot of stupid stuff, but they don't have direct control over our lives.
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess.” -Thomas Paine
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
November 30th, 2014 at 10:36:49 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

2. a Jew.

So since this has turned into an Islamaphobe thread, can I ask if you consider Jews a race of people?

I think using the term anti-semitic so often synonymously with Jewish religious people, we do a disservice to actual descendants of semitic people. Also to the Jewish faith. If someone is anti-jewish or wishes to describe that trait, why can't we just use the proper words? If we want to use semite, I have always thought it described and olive skinned people as the ancient Cannnanites or Hebrew, which is a race. To me Judaism is a religious belief, and Semite is a race, however in this pc world to even speak this is pc incorrect and is met with scorn.

So above where you quote #2, a Jew. Does that mean to you that Blacks are also Semites ala Sammy Davis? Are there any Asian Jews? Are they Semite?
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 29
November 30th, 2014 at 10:37:11 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Yeah but... (our wars are only good wars as defined by us though)

I find this graphic a little suspect. I would be curious to see a breakdown in years as to what wars when. Only 21 years without war? Now I'm not fluent in American history, but Im pretty sure that is wrong.
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess.” -Thomas Paine
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
November 30th, 2014 at 10:43:15 PM permalink
Petro,

Not sure if you're asking Sancho or me.

Personally, I learned that the Semitic people were a race, typically high-bridged noses, brown eyes, dark hair, olive skin, from Western Asia (didn't know they were considered African as well until I looked at that definition). I'm aware that the term anti-Semite generally refers only to Hebrews in these times, but I don't think I've ever used the term in that way.

• Jump to: