terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
November 29th, 2014 at 7:49:27 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Islam has no history of peace and love from anything I have seen. .

I don't see Indonesia as a problem.
Middle East may get all the attention but the Muslim majority are not from the Middle East.
Your average follower of Islam does not reside in the middle east.
The majority of Muslims actually live in Asia in countries such as Indonesia.

Many examples during the Crusades where Christians killed while Islam were much kinder.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
November 29th, 2014 at 7:53:36 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

One only needs to look to the founder of a religion to see how its scriptures should be interpreted. A non violent muslim is not a good muslim.

One only needs to look at the history of Christianity and see how scriptures have been interpreted to justify violence through the centuries.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
November 29th, 2014 at 7:56:40 AM permalink
I just got put in my place.
100% risk of ruin
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 29th, 2014 at 8:13:20 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I don't see Indonesia as a problem.

Besides what happened with the Miss World contest in 2013, quite a few other problems are reported:
UN Official Condemns Rising Religious Fanaticism
Among the attacks on Christian places of worship, the Catholic chapel of Christ the King in Desa Blimbing was hit by a homemade bomb. A homemade bomb was also found at a Marian shrine in Prambanan. The Catholic chapel of St. Joseph in Pare was set on fire.

JAKARTA, Indonesia (Zenit.org) - Christian communities in Indonesia are reporting multiple attacks on churches and places of worship in 2010, while U.N. officials are calling for the cessation of sectarian violence and discriminatory laws that lead to interreligious conflict. Theophilus Bela, secretary general of the Indonesian Committee on Religion and Peace and president of Jakarta Christian Communication Forum, was part of a delegation last month to the United States to raise awareness of the anti-Christian persecution in his country.

The delegation met with religious leaders, government leaders in the White House, National Security Council, and State Department, and U.N. officials. Bela noted that Navanethem Pillay, U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, stated that attacks on religious minorities in places like Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan and Indonesia should serve as a wake-up call to authorities everywhere to combat rising fanaticism. She underlined the duty of all countries to protect the freedom of religion by eradicating sectarian violence and rooting out discriminatory laws that can lead to conflict.

Assaults
Among the attacks on Christian places of worship, Bela reported that the Catholic chapel of Christ the King in Desa Blimbing was hit by a homemade bomb on Dec. 7. A homemade bomb was also found at a Marian shrine in Prambanan at the end of November. The Catholic chapel of St. Joseph in Pare was set on fire on Oct. 12. On Sept. 11, a group attacked the Catholic parish church "Alleluya" in Tanah Grogot and broke the windows. Similarly, the windows were broken at St. Bellarminus Catholic School in Jatibening by a mob of radical Muslims on May 7. The next day, the mob returned, but police were able to avert another assault.

The Catholic hospital "Brayat Minula" in Banjarsari was hit with stones, and a window was broken on the same day that Cardinal Julius Darmaatmadja, former archbishop of Jakarta, was due to visit for the inauguration of a new building for the institution. A Catholic chapel in Capar was threatened on Feb. 18 by members of the Muslim Reform Movement.

The Catholic church of St. John the Baptist in Parung was prohibited from celebrating Mass on the feast of the Ascension due to a radical cleric from the local Muslim Ulama Council who often speaks out against the church.

Another radical Muslim cleric closed access to the building site of the Catholic church of St. Mary Immaculate in Kali Deras, halting progress on the construction. Local authorities closed a place of Catholic pilgrimage in honor of Mary in Desa Jati Mulya due to protests by local Muslims.

Other radical Muslim organizations pressured local authorities to prohibit the celebration of Mass at the Catholic retreat center "Wisma Semadi Klender" in Jakarta, though the decision was later reversed through the intercession of Bela. Radical Muslims also protested at the rectory of the Catholic parish of St. Mary the Immaculate Heart in Cicurug, and the pastor was forced to sign a letter promising that the house would be only be used as his residence and not for worship.

The Catholic chapel of Rancaekek of the parish of St. Odilia in Cicadas was closed down by local authorities. Local authorities halted the building of St. Mary Catholic church in Purwakarta due to fear of the local radical Muslim groups.

Protestant churches

Bela's report also included attacks on various Protestant Christian churches over the past year. . . .catholicworld
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
November 29th, 2014 at 9:48:16 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Islam has no history of peace and love from anything I have seen. Unless your idea of peace and love is to tell people with no religion that they must follow or die, and those of other religions that they must convert or pay 50% of everything they own as a tax. Bring a Bible to Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you. Fly an airplane through Israeli airspace then have mechanical issues and see if a muslim country lets you land in an emergency (HINT: they will let you crash before they let you land.)

Sorry, sir, I see no peace or love for your fellow man from Islam.

Westerners are being "played" and believe the media's agenda about who is and who is not peaceful in the Mid-east. Ferguson is nothing more then another distraction, as it appears now so was the "ebola" threat. Timing is everything. The peoples opinions sway with the direction of the wind and are only based on what the influencers want them to think.

http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Jewish+synagogues+in+iran&qpvt=Jewish+synagogues+in+iran&FORM=EWRE

It will take a few seconds to challenge anyones belief about how hateful or violent the only "recognized" religious theocracy is in the ME is, if they will click and see for themselves.

Does this not at least make anyone wonder why, we are told about Iran's intention to destroy "the government" of america's "best friend".

Iraq had many Christian churches and "Christians" to fill them as did Assad in Syria. The catholic church barely protests the Christians being rounded up and killed. The West has helped the "depopulation" of Christians if anything. While we bomb the hell out of anyone that gets in the way of our energy needs, and listen to the agenda of the purchased politicians who can hardly wait to get to the revolving door.

You want to talk about a violent religion that is in total control of a country that is best friends with a faux Christian super power? Sure there are radicals in all religions. Do you not think "Christians" are pulling the triggers on the drones that bomb wedding parties?See Bernay's.http://howestreet.com/2014/11/no-one-told-you-when-to-run-you-missed-the-starting-gun/
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
November 29th, 2014 at 11:27:41 AM permalink
Quote: Zuga

But I do not agree with tagging the whole religion, nation etc as being radical or terrorist. Islam, like any other religion, preaches peace and love for your fellow man.

No it doesn't

That's what George Bush(pbuh) used to say.

Does this sound peaceful to you?

Translation: Yusufali
[bani Isra'il 17:58.9] There is not a population but We shall destroy it before the Day of Judgment or punish it with a dreadful Penalty: that is written in the (eternal) Record.
[an-Nisa' 4:89.45] They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of God (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks;-
[al-Anfal 8:12.22] Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
[bani Isra'il 17:58.9] There is not a population but We shall destroy it before the Day of Judgment or punish it with a dreadful Penalty: that is written in the (eternal) Record.
[ash-Shu`ara' 26:208.4] Never did We destroy a population, but had its warners -
[al-Qasas 28:59.8] Nor was thy Lord the one to destroy a population until He had sent to its centre an apostle, rehearsing to them Our Signs; nor are We going to destroy a population except when its members practise iniquity.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
November 29th, 2014 at 1:20:59 PM permalink

So what you are saying is that 2.8 million American muslims are radicals, terrorists and dont care much for their fellow Americans?

Ah, this is the reply one usually gets when pointing out some of the actions of muslims worldwide. I think we both know that I did not say every one of the 2.8 million muslims in the USA is a radical and terrorist. However, terrorism in the USA has come primarily from muslims. In Europe there are countries where the cops can barely enter the Muslim areas. Non-muslims have been basically driven out of any Middle Eastern muslim country. Women stoned to death for the crime of *being* raped. In the USA demands that signs advertising bacon at breakfast being removed. I have met prison COs who say what they teach inside will scare people to death.

Small and big the theme of intolerance to other beliefs is constant.

I am sorry, but I have never seen the "peace and tolerance" thing in practice and refuse to believe it.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
November 29th, 2014 at 1:37:08 PM permalink
Norway and Germany takes away children from radical families. To the benefit of future generation instead of used as terrorists these young men will have a real chance to join the modern life style based on Western values.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 29th, 2014 at 2:26:01 PM permalink

Destroying Islam? There are extremists in all religions, not just in Islam.

But I do not agree with tagging the whole religion, nation etc as being radical or terrorist. Islam, like any other religion, preaches peace and love for your fellow man.
But, the way the Quran ( or the Bible for that matter ) is being interpreted by some radical elements is the problem here.

I do hope your optimism is not misplaced, as I too do not advocate killing millions in order to get to the few thousand who really need to be eliminated, but when they hide and mix in the general population, desperate times may require desperate measures.

Purely for hypothetical discussion, let's assume that a decision is made to kill all the populations in Muslim countries.

Assuming the political will for this exists, I wonder what would be the best technology to achieve the stated goal?

Neutron bomb, or some other form of enhanced radiation weapon?

Nerve gas?

A bio-weapon?
"What, me worry?"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
November 29th, 2014 at 3:17:15 PM permalink
Russia's patience is wearing thin, by Chris Martenson

A Podcast by Dmitry Orlov: "The United States is a nation that can't get anything together, can't get anything on, not education, not healthcare, nothing. It's basically sinking into a cesspool of its own making it can't respond at all. And now, it is basically being shown up to be quite incompetent in playing this international game"

http://www.peakprosperity.com/podcast/89249/dmitry-orlov-russias-patience-wearing-thin

• Jump to: