petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
December 1st, 2014 at 11:01:02 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

South Korea exists.

South Vietnam does not exist. Hence a failure. North Vietnam overtook South Vietnam, hence we failed our goal.

You misunderstand the objective. All of Vietnam has "MFN", most favored nation trading status, as does communist red China. Do you know why the French were there before us? The government that you say you want to have, complete control has given this designation to Vietnam. At the same time, ignoring our MIA's and our vets. That is what the gov. thinks of our soldiers. We do not agree, on who lost that war. It is the same in every war.

The goal, which we don't seem to agree on was, and always is, the benefit of bankers. The bankers won. It hasn't worked in North Korea. The west does however always need an "enemy", which can be blamed. Which is part of the point of this entire thread. The people are controlled through fear. Fear of the "axis of evil", blacks, terrorists, wmd, whatever the boogie man is today. How can you believe in this Homeland Security crap? The agency you want in charge of law enFORCEment can't even patrol our southern border. If ISIL or whatever "group" wanted to hurt this country, they would have walked across a long time ago, or tomorrow.

You call Korea a success? How much has it cost to keep 30 thousand American soldiers on the DMZ line since the end of hostilities? No truce has yet been signed.

This central government [which has never succeeded in history] you want to be the "law" of the land, engages in actions such as "Fast and Furious". Again, I don't think you understand the goals there either.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 29
December 1st, 2014 at 11:15:47 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

You misunderstand the objective.
The goal, which we don't seem to agree on was, and always is, the benefit of bankers. The bankers won. It hasn't worked in North Korea.

How much has it cost to keep 30 thousand American soldiers on the DMZ line since the end of hostilities? No truce has yet been signed.

This central government [which has never succeeded in history] you want to be the "law" of the land, engages in actions such as "Fast and Furious". Again, I don't think you understand the goals there either.

No I don't misunderstand. Our goal was to defend our allies from invasion. An army invading is a real enemy.

So yes Korea was a success. South Korea is free from the totalitarian reign on the North and is now a thriving country.

Vietnam was obviously a failure based on our objective.

I agree with you about Fast Furious. Horrible plan, stupid, and I hope whoever came up with it got punished. But I don't think it's a massive banker conspiracy, I think it's just bad planning and poor leadership.
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess. -Thomas Paine
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 1st, 2014 at 11:26:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Annexation was drafted in 1844 and went into effect 1845. Close enough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_annexation

Close? Yes. But no cigar. From the same article: "Texas formally relinquished its sovereignty to the United States on February 19, 1846.[1]
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
December 1st, 2014 at 11:35:52 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

The US hasn't won a war since 1945.

The US hasn't declared was since 1945. What's
your point.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
December 2nd, 2014 at 2:42:13 AM permalink

The US hasn't won a war since 1945.

Won two wars against Saddam Hussein, Operation Just Cause to name three.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
December 2nd, 2014 at 4:18:46 AM permalink
Quote: Face

No one cares about exhibition games.

Ancient history.
I like that line in Clint Eastwood Heartbreak Ridge
0-1-1

1 tie and 1 loss, Korea, Viet Nam
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
December 2nd, 2014 at 5:19:21 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Won two wars against Saddam Hussein, Operation Just Cause to name three.

And, the peace lasted about ten minutes.

Those wars never ended.

It only took ISIS five days to take back everything it took the US ten years and thousands of lives to accomplish.

It is an eternal war that began in the seventh century, and it is spreading to a country near you.

Quote:

1987 Conflict in Persian Gulf

1988 Conflict in Persian Gulf, U.S. occupation of Panama

1989 Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, U.S. occupation of Panama, Conflict in Philippines

1990 First Gulf War, U.S. occupation of Panama

1991 First Gulf War

1992 Conflict in Iraq

1993 Conflict in Iraq

1994 Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti

1995 Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti, NATO bombing of Bosnia and Herzegovina

1996 Conflict in Iraq

1997 No major war

1998 Bombing of Iraq, Missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan

1999 Kosovo War

2000 No major war

2001 War on Terror in Afghanistan

2002 War on Terror in Afghanistan and Yemen

2003 War on Terror in Afghanistan, and Iraq

2004 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2005 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2006 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2007 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen

2008 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2009 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2010 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2011 War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Conflict in Libya (Libyan Civil War)

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
December 2nd, 2014 at 5:34:36 AM permalink

And, the peace lasted about ten minutes.

Yes, same as after WWII and the Cold War began.

Quote:

It only took ISIS five days to take back everything it took the US ten years and thousands of lives to accomplish.

Thanks, Obama!

Quote:

It is an eternal war that began in the seventh century, and it is spreading to a country near you.

Already discussed in the muslim posts.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:17:47 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The US hasn't declared was since 1945. What's
your point.

It's easy to tell when it's a war, they give it a number
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:25:33 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

It's easy to tell when it's a war, they give it a number

The 1st world war wasn't given a number untill 1940. Just known as the Great War.
So according to you, it wasn't considered a war till 1940 :-)
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

• Jump to: