texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
November 24th, 2014 at 2:09:26 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Around a year and a half ago I got the Total Rewards Visa, which promised $100 in Caesars money (yes), 2 buffet of buffet comps (yes), platinum status(yes), no resort fees (yes). After the weather event we had here I just booked an 'extra' Vegas trip for January 8-11. I went on line to book my free and discounted nights at the Rio, but there was no button to push to not be charged the resort fee. I called and asked how to do it, and the poor girl started to read the 'new policy', that said that all Platinum members now DO have to pay the resort fee, and the credit card alone doesn't waive them. I told her that I'd be booking across the street at Gold Coast, and she got a manager to waive the resort fees 'but in the future I'll have to pay them.' Apparently my Platinum status ends March 31, and likely my usage of the TR Visa card as well. When I call to cancel my card I will give them the option of keeping me Platinum, but I'm guessing it won't work. I do like the private check in room being Platinum allows me to use....

Do you earn tier credits for using the card? Maybe any credits that you can turn into comps by just using the card?
I am tempted to get it especially if using it earns you some comps.
Stupid is a choice
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
November 24th, 2014 at 2:46:56 PM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

Do you earn tier credits for using the card? Maybe any credits that you can turn into comps by just using the card?
I am tempted to get it especially if using it earns you some comps.

I just called and there's no buffets offered for getting the card. And there's no $100 being offered "directly". The representative said that any offers ( like possible cash) would have to come through the concierge. So that probably means anything you might get for getting the credit card would be based on your tier and/or point status already. No thanks!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 24th, 2014 at 3:03:40 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I just called and there's no buffets offered for getting the card. And there's no $100 being offered "directly". The representative said that any offers ( like possible cash) would have to come through the concierge. So that probably means anything you might get for getting the credit card would be based on your tier and/or point status already. No thanks!

Just checked. Deal is a little different from when I signed up.
Spend 750 in 90 days and earn 10k points or 100 dollars. I think I just needed to spend 500 to earn the 10k
Instead of 2 free 24 hr buffets, 2 high roller tickets or a free night in AC.
Still upgraded to Platinum. Not sure if Platinum extends past Mar31 2015. Supposedly that's when mine ends but I use the card a lot so will be in Vegas in 4 weeks and will look into it.

https://www.totalrewards.com/content/cet-tr/en/earn-and-redeem/with-tr-alliances/tr-visa.html
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 24th, 2014 at 4:20:17 PM permalink
Quote: FatFrank

I keep reading about "resort fees" when booking hotels in LV. What are these exactly, what do they cover, use of the pool?

FatFrank, we hardly knew ye. What happened! Six posts within the rules and your name is in red. No record in the hall of shame. Is there another account?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
November 24th, 2014 at 4:26:20 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

FatFrank, we hardly knew ye. What happened! Six posts within the rules and your name is in red. No record in the hall of shame. Is there another account?

LOL. FatFrank is that Egalite. He has so many nicks in here I think the mods lost count. Don't even know why he is even asking about Vegas resort fees. I mean he doesn't have the resources to even make it over to the US since he is always on tilt.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 24th, 2014 at 4:32:27 PM permalink

Start reading here if necessary, since you have all this time on your hands to audit things from months ago. Again. Not hard to find, with the whole story in this same thread.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
1BB
1BB
November 24th, 2014 at 4:42:27 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Start reading here if necessary, since you have all this time on your hands to audit things from months ago. Again. Not hard to find, with the whole story in this same thread.

No need to be snippy, Barbara. You don't do yourself any favors when you talk to forum members this way. The thread came up today so I just asked a simple question.

Time on my hands? Sure, but I'm not the one with 4100 posts in 18 months. Have a wonderful evening!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
DMSCR
DMSCR
November 24th, 2014 at 4:59:11 PM permalink
Alright. Now that the question has been answered. 1BB I hope you are satisfied as to why this is so with FatFrank/egalite/and host of many nicknames to boot.

And a little more if you care to know.

As for me to find out so quick? He has been roaming all across any internet board regarding gambling to stalk yours truly. After all these years he finally found me at VMB this year and been trolling and stalking me with even a stronger effort. Resort fees topics regularly pop up on occasion at the VMB. Egalite couldn't ask any questions there because well, he is banned at VMB too. Now ain't that a surprise. He is not only banned in username, his IP address is also put on cold storage. That was why he brought the issue here to get some answers which is most likely useless since he is not going to make it over to the US.

Beach is actually very liberal and let things take shape before striking. As for Sonya who is a head honcho at VMB doesn't take Egalite's man child nonsense lightly.
1BB
1BB
November 24th, 2014 at 5:27:58 PM permalink
Quote: DMSCR

Alright. Now that the question has been answered. 1BB I hope you are satisfied as to why this is so with FatFrank/egalite/and host of many nicknames to boot.

And a little more if you care to know.

As for me to find out so quick? He has been roaming all across any internet board regarding gambling to stalk yours truly. After all these years he finally found me at VMB this year and been trolling and stalking me with even a stronger effort. Resort fees topics regularly pop up on occasion at the VMB. Egalite couldn't ask any questions there because well, he is banned at VMB too. Now ain't that a surprise. He is not only banned in username, his IP address is also put on cold storage. That was why he brought the issue here to get some answers which is most likely useless since he is not going to make it over to the US.

Beach is actually very liberal and let things take shape before striking. As for Sonya who is a head honcho at VMB doesb't take Egalite's man child nonsense lightly.

Thanks for the decent explanation. I saw a name I didn't recognize and couldn't find it on the suspension list. That's all there was to it.

I've seen some of the stuff you refer to. You must be pretty easy going, anonymous internet or not.
DMSCR
DMSCR
November 24th, 2014 at 5:36:51 PM permalink
I need a good chuckle here and then when I am online. Egalite always take things to the next level with his insanity. It is guys like him I decide to become pro-choice! LOL.

If you think the public stuff is funny you should see the PMs he sends me. Lots of threats and intended violence. Maybe this is his twisted version of foreplay? I don't know and I don't want to! I feel sorry for his blowup doll.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 24th, 2014 at 5:40:39 PM permalink

No need to be snippy, Barbara. You don't do yourself any favors when you talk to forum members this way. The thread came up today so I just asked a simple question.

Time on my hands? Sure, but I'm not the one with 4100 posts in 18 months. Have a wonderful evening!

Ben,

Out of your 3500+ posts, how many of them have you used to call out the moderators on some aspect or another? 300? 400? Bet it's closer to 500, maybe more. Really tiresome of you. Especially when in this case the entire story was right in the thread with his posts at the same time it happened, who banned him, why, all of it. So the question becomes, are you legitimately concerned about stuff like this (not the first time you've done it) or just trolling?

Maybe you don't realize you carp at us on virtually every action. Maybe you do. Either way, it's a bore and a nuisance, and so, you've kind of used up my non-snippy responses to you the first hundred or so times.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DMSCR
DMSCR
November 24th, 2014 at 5:43:31 PM permalink
We really need to remove daylight savings time. That one hour of less sunlight is NOT doing us any favors. LOL.
1BB
1BB
November 24th, 2014 at 6:08:51 PM permalink

Ben,

Out of your 3500+ posts, how many of them have you used to call out the moderators on some aspect or another? 300? 400? Bet it's closer to 500, maybe more. Really tiresome of you. Especially when in this case the entire story was right in the thread with his posts at the same time it happened, who banned him, why, all of it. So the question becomes, are you legitimately concerned about stuff like this (not the first time you've done it) or just trolling?

Maybe you don't realize you carp at us on virtually every action. Maybe you do. Either way, it's a bore and a nuisance, and so, you've kind of used up my non-snippy responses to you the first hundred or so times.

Sorry, I take the high road and don't respond to character assassinations or insults. Feel free to have that all important last word and do have a wonderful evening.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 30th, 2014 at 11:57:50 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Around a year and a half ago I got the Total Rewards Visa, which promised $100 in Caesars money (yes), 2 buffet of buffet comps (yes), platinum status(yes), no resort fees (yes). After the weather event we had here I just booked an 'extra' Vegas trip for January 8-11. I went on line to book my free and discounted nights at the Rio, but there was no button to push to not be charged the resort fee. I called and asked how to do it, and the poor girl started to read the 'new policy', that said that all Platinum members now DO have to pay the resort fee, and the credit card alone doesn't waive them. I told her that I'd be booking across the street at Gold Coast, and she got a manager to waive the resort fees 'but in the future I'll have to pay them.' Apparently my Platinum status ends March 31, and likely my usage of the TR Visa card as well. When I call to cancel my card I will give them the option of keeping me Platinum, but I'm guessing it won't work. I do like the private check in room being Platinum allows me to use....

IMO, while it should have worked to book without the fee ahead of time even on the TR site, I did TR stays 3x this year, 2 as Platinum, 1 as Diamond. In all three, the resort fee was on the bill, and in all 3, I had it removed at the check-in just by pointing out my status (once it was check-out as it wasn't reflected on the initial contract). So, though it was a pain, they were honoring the intent. I would think they will continue to wipe it out either coming or going for you as well as for me.

I came here today to ask this same question (do Platinum members still have the option waive resort fees?); glad to see it came up recently. It looks like it may not be the official policy any more, but you may be able to finagle them into it.

I'm half-heartedly planning a potential weekend trip this January...probably won't happen, but I could get a relatively cheap flight with some miles...the wife may or may not be excited about it. At least CET is disclosing the resort fees directly on their booking pages now, which I don't believe they were doing before. It doesn't show up while you are choosing your length of stay and hotel, but it will tack on the resort fees before you confirm your reservation.

I was rather disappointed that when I got the TR visa card, my status was NOT upgraded automatically. After visiting the TR kiosk and presenting my TR Visa card (which has my TR number right on it), the nice lady there printed off a physical Platinum card that expires in March 2015. But my status on the website was NOT upgraded, even after that visit! Which is kind of a pain in the ass, but the physical card is the most important part (skipping lines, etc.). Did anyone else have this experience?

SOOPOO, I would recommend you keep the Visa card even after your auto-Platinum expires. It is handy because as long as you use it every now and then, any built-up Rewards Credits you have will not expire. Since it doesn't have a yearly fee, this is fine with me. But if you don't like having extra cards around, I guess I wouldn't blame you for cancelling it.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
March 22nd, 2015 at 9:11:40 AM permalink
I came across this while perusing the LA Times Business section looking for the weekly Liz Weston column.

Resort Fees

These fees seem to be inescapable. Unless you're comped, maybe.

Someone recently mentioned that the 4Queens and Plaza are the only Downtown or Strip places that DON'T charge them anymore.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
March 22nd, 2015 at 9:21:03 AM permalink
Quote: ten2win

I came across this while perusing the LA Times Business section looking for the weekly Liz Weston column.

Resort Fees

These fees seem to be inescapable. Unless you're comped, maybe.

Someone recently mentioned that the 4Queens and Plaza are the only Downtown or Strip places that DON'T charge them anymore.

Add the Cal and MSS to that list. Not aware of ANY others?
  • Jump to: