5 votes (18.51%)
17 votes (62.96%)
7 votes (25.92%)

27 members have voted

JimRockford
JimRockford 
  • Threads: 12
May 27th, 2014 at 3:52:55 PM permalink
Ace, I am not a defender of political correctness. I merely offered advice to reduce the risk of offending your clients. I am glad you feel you can speak your mind here.
Quote: AceCrAAckers

f=ma makes more sense than explaining force is change of momentum respect to time.

Now you are speaking my language.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
May 27th, 2014 at 4:32:32 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Not so fast...a Gallup poll as recently as 2007 showed that 24% preferred "African-American" and 13% preferred "Black"...while 61% said that it did not matter. The vast majority appear not to feel that calling them "blacks" is "ignorant".

The problem is that using it as a noun, for whatever reason, is stickier. And frankly, I think you knew that. Silly? Sure, but all etiquette is silly when you take a step back. Ignoring the rule because it's arbitrary does make the speaker look disrespectful and/or ignorant.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
May 27th, 2014 at 4:39:01 PM permalink
The Xaverian Brothers will be sadly disappointed in your command of the English language.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
May 27th, 2014 at 5:57:37 PM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

Maybe Lee Elder moderated the forum?

charlie sifford would be more apt.

p.s. the most racist people I've ever encountered are the asians. (gee, I wonder if that is racist???)
get second you pig
  • Jump to: