MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 332
May 5th, 2014 at 8:31:07 PM permalink
For something "completely different," a throwback to the OLD Las Vegas: go to the Naughty Ladies Saloon at Arizona Charlie's Decatur and catch the one true, remaining "old school" lounge singer still belting them out in sin city: Jerry Tiffe.

Here's Jerry at the Riviera
"What, me worry?"
geoff
geoff
  • Threads: 3
May 5th, 2014 at 8:37:38 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Did not get to Binion's. Spent Friday playing at the D to get the rebates, ran with the crowd on Saturday via MSS and Cali, then dinner with SOOPOO and back to the Rio, Sunday at Mirage with great PGP, then picked up Mom after checking into Paris. Poor Mom; her flight was cross-country and 3.5 hours late, so she landed at nearly 2 am, then got lost in the airport, and could not figure out why her phone wouldn't work after crossing 3 time zones. Tough night for us both; security ended up rescuing her wandering around and I spotted them both walking back to the terminal. I will def check out Binion's next trip since they do PGP well. At the D, played PG Mania for several hours, but found it simply didn't live up to my memory of how much I'd enjoyed it in the past. Also missed playing 2 hands; I really do seem to prefer that option. The Mirage allows it without forcing you to play 2x table minimum, too; a BIG point in their favor.

It's weird that they don't let you play two hands at PGP. One of the thinks I liked most about the GN was that they let you play 2 hands of blackjack without doubling the table minimum.
endermike
endermike
  • Threads: 7
May 6th, 2014 at 6:36:46 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

DO visit The National Atomic Testing Museum .

Seconded.

Quote: MrV

DO pay seven bucks and drive through Red Rock Canyon .

Also cool. I did in in one of the "rent three different 6 figure cars each for 15 minutes" places. (maybe this one? http://www.worldclassdriving.com/) Not cheap, but for me (someone who likes to go fast but doesn't get to near where I live) it was worth it. Also we were the last group of the day so we got to drive the cars back into town (where the storefront/garage was) instead of back to the parking lot they used as a remote pick-up/drop-off site. This added probably 20 min of driving, however we could not really open it up like we could in the more remote parts of Red Rock since we were driving on interstates and then LV Blvd to get back.

I would also add the Pinball Museum (which has a nice online 3d tour now)
Nostron
Nostron
  • Threads: 6
May 6th, 2014 at 6:50:25 AM permalink
Definitely play Royal Links - its very cool - I shot a 108 and still had a good time playing some of the famous British Open Holes.

Keep the ball in the fairway and out of the massive pot bunkers and you can do ok - I hit a couple of what I thought were really good drives only to be a yard or two off the fairway and be unplayable.

Good times!!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 6th, 2014 at 10:08:17 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: aceofspades

Ok - I am daring to head to LV over Memorial Day weekend (if you don't know what happened to me last time I attempted this…well, I was going to link to my Vegas trip report from Memorial Day weekend 2013 but, I cannot find it - WIZARD or MISSION - any chance you can assist with this but, suffice it to say, it was all downhill)

I am splitting the trip:

3 nights at Golden Nugget ( I have never stayed downtown before)
4 nights at Aria

I am open to suggestions for new things to do when I am not playing blackjack

Comments—criticisms—questions—voodoo dolls?

Not sure what you are saying? You need rooms or something?

Nope I have rooms
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 6th, 2014 at 7:37:11 PM permalink
Babs - your trip sounds as if it was planned by Satan himself (sorry FrG - but I am using the mythological idea of a Satan, not admitting there is a Satan)

I am anxious to check out the scene at the GN - I am a pretty personable guy and usually social enough to talk to people and see how their trips are going - I will be able to get a feel in the first few hours there
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
May 6th, 2014 at 8:44:27 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Babs - your trip sounds as if it was planned by Satan himself (sorry FrG - but I am using the mythological idea of a Satan, not admitting there is a Satan)

I am anxious to check out the scene at the GN - I am a pretty personable guy and usually social enough to talk to people and see how their trips are going - I will be able to get a feel in the first few hours there

That's just it, go out and see for yourself, after all, variety is the spice of life. That is why I like blondes, brunettes, red heads, no haired girls, the whole shebang :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 18th, 2014 at 7:55:55 PM permalink
Thanks Tom

Is anyone going to be in Vegas Memorial Day weekend?
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
May 18th, 2014 at 7:58:46 PM permalink
I'll be here. We can play craps, poker, and grab a meal at the M's steak house.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 18th, 2014 at 8:01:06 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

I'll be here. We can play craps, poker, and grab a meal at the M's steak house.

Where is the M?

I'm at GN the first few days

• Jump to: