Thread Rating:

boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
June 11th, 2014 at 8:29:25 AM permalink
Niagara Parks (the Canadian side) put the bid up for competition, and Hornblower won. Niagara Parks owns all of the land that MoM operated on and therefore owns the venue. Niagara Parks leases the venues all through its parks, including the various restaurants and tourist shops.

Many on this side of the falls were saddened by the news. I had never been on MotM despite me living here most of my life.

And once again, apologies for ditching this weekend.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 11th, 2014 at 9:39:07 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Niagara Parks (the Canadian side) put the bid up for competition, and Hornblower won. Niagara Parks owns all of the land that MoM operated on and therefore owns the venue. Niagara Parks leases the venues all through its parks, including the various restaurants and tourist shops.

Many on this side of the falls were saddened by the news. I had never been on MotM despite me living here most of my life.

And once again, apologies for ditching this weekend.

funny how that happens. You live there all of your life and never ride an icon. In Pittsburgh we have a few things that if I were to visit another city I would do but have never done in spite of being close enough that I could walk.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
June 11th, 2014 at 9:41:51 AM permalink
I have lived here since 2004 and not only have I never been near the MOM, I haven't even gone down to the falls.
get second you pig
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 11th, 2014 at 11:42:32 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

funny how that happens. You live there all of your life and never ride an icon. In Pittsburgh we have a few things that if I were to visit another city I would do but have never done in spite of being close enough that I could walk.

Yup. It's a legit "Wonder of the World", yet I can't remember the last time I was there. Sometime around '99. I worked right next to it at Seneca Niagara for all of last summer, fall, and winter, and never once walked a block to go see it.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: