djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
January 21st, 2014 at 12:34:47 AM permalink
Another thing I like about fast food places is that when I drive up to one in an area I've never been, the food tastes exactly the same as if I went to the one I always go to. In-N-Out is consistent about that and I like the fact I'm not taking a chance on local food if I'm not up to driving around finding a great restaurant.

I don't even stop at McDonalds or Jacks. I did buy some Mcnuggets just because of the Mission challenge, and Jacks for their oreo cookie shakes I love so much.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
January 21st, 2014 at 12:48:46 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Another thing I like about fast food places is that when I drive up to one in an area I've never been, the food tastes exactly the same as if I went to the one I always go to. In-N-Out is consistent about that and I like the fact I'm not taking a chance on local food if I'm not up to driving around finding a great restaurant.

I don't even stop at McDonalds or Jacks. I did buy some Mcnuggets just because of the Mission challenge, and Jacks for their oreo cookie shakes I love so much.

Do you ever go to Carl's Jr? I like their Western Burger? The one with Avo, Bacon, Cheese and so on. Also their Strawberry Malt shakes are good. Only problem is you can only do Carls like once every 6 months, no more!
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
January 21st, 2014 at 1:05:05 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I've never cared for their fries, but I always thought it was just me. Glad to see someone else agrees.

I didn't like In-N-Out Burger fries until I started to order them crisp and adding salt. Now they're delicious!

I've only been to 5 Guys once and the fries were horrible really soggy.
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
January 21st, 2014 at 1:13:15 AM permalink
Quote: bw

The owner of In n Out is a billionaire.

Are you really a billionaire if the company you own *might* be worth $1 billion?
djatc
djatc
January 21st, 2014 at 1:53:46 AM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

Do you ever go to Carl's Jr? I like their Western Burger? The one with Avo, Bacon, Cheese and so on. Also their Strawberry Malt shakes are good. Only problem is you can only do Carls like once every 6 months, no more!

Never been, and I have no idea why. When I lived in Hawaii there was one Carl's Jr, located in a gas station of all places. I will have to make a trip for my next fast food binge.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
January 21st, 2014 at 2:04:07 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Never been, and I have no idea why. When I lived in Hawaii there was one Carl's Jr, located in a gas station of all places. I will have to make a trip for my next fast food binge.

Don't rush. Carl's Jr. (aka, Hardees) is nothing special.

In-and-Out fries are great for about three minutes when they are hot, but once the oil cools, it gets pretty gross.

Ask for grilled onions on your Double Double next time. Yummy!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 21st, 2014 at 2:11:06 AM permalink
Quote: PBguy

Are you really a billionaire if the company you own *might* be worth $1 billion?

That's what Bloomberg.com believes:

Youngest American Woman Billionaire Found With In-N-Out

I didn't like In-N-Out Burger fries until I started to order them crisp and adding salt. Now they're delicious!

Thanks for the tip. Will definitely try that next time!
Fighting BS one post at a time!
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
January 21st, 2014 at 2:28:09 AM permalink
I think In N Out is good for fast food burgers but I think its highly overrated. Carl's Jr has a better taste but unfortunately not every Carl's has the same level of service and sometimes a burger at Carl's is not as good as another at a different Carl's or even the same Carl's.

I can't eat McDonald's burgers anymore. I don't know if the burgers changed or if I changed. Years ago I loved a quarter pounder and today I can't eat them... period.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
January 21st, 2014 at 12:07:05 PM permalink
Double Double (no more 3x3 for me), Mustard Fried. Fries extra done. +Chiles if I'm in the mood.

D-lish! I make a trip to In n Out every trip to Vegas...in a cab if I have to.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 21st, 2014 at 12:40:40 PM permalink

I've only been to 5 Guys once and the fries were horrible really soggy.

If you don't get cajun, you're missing out. But yeah, 5 guys sometimes has this problem. Their fries never come out very crispy.

The one time I had them at In-n-Out, the fries were significantly overdone, just like the burger. Same for my g/f. :-\ From what I read from everyone else though, it sounds like I really should have sent it back or something.
djatc
djatc
January 21st, 2014 at 7:08:17 PM permalink
I actually enjoy the In-N-Out fries, it's airy with not too many potato inside. Over time it does get to be a grease blanket but I enjoy it either way. #2 would be burger king I like the crispiness.
  • Jump to: