odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 13th, 2014 at 1:16:39 PM permalink
Still getting squat in the way of offers from the Meadows.

I have a chance to stop in this week, but won't now, going to check out Rocky Gap instead.

Just saying.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 13th, 2014 at 1:46:32 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I have a chance to stop in this week, but won't now, going to check out Rocky Gap instead.

Just saying.

I got the regular mailer and won $10 off on food online but with a ridiculously short timeframe.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 21st, 2014 at 1:13:24 PM permalink

Just saying.

did you ever get any better offers?

Mission, I know you haven't been posting much lately so I don't know if that means you are super busy but you mentioned another get together in Sept. Have you given this any thought, if your time allows?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 3rd, 2014 at 4:29:27 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

did you ever get any better offers?

Just saw your post.

NO. Of my recent forays, Wheeling and Rocky Gap have managed to offer 'at least something', but the Meadows? Fuggedaboutit!

Mission, I know you haven't been posting much lately so I don't know if that means you are super busy but you mentioned another get together in Sept. Have you given this any thought, if your time allows?

Pierce informed me that July was going to be a 'fuggedaboutit' month for him, so let's hope that is changing now. BTW I kind of liked the Meadows, very ironic, but I sure will be voting for somewhere else now for the next one. Regarding Pierce, it may be that all need to pitch in more to help organize this time.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 3rd, 2014 at 5:40:03 AM permalink

Just saw your post.

NO. Of my recent forays, Wheeling and Rocky Gap have managed to offer 'at least something', but the Meadows? Fuggedaboutit!

Pierce informed me that July was going to be a 'fuggedaboutit' month for him, so let's hope that is changing now. BTW I kind of liked the Meadows, very ironic, but I sure will be voting for somewhere else now for the next one. Regarding Pierce, it may be that all need to pitch in more to help organize this time.

that is a shame, I wonder why you never received anything.

I have no problems with helping in the planning, but once Pierce is back with us we can figure it out then.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
August 3rd, 2014 at 9:36:48 AM permalink

Just saw your post.

I have no problems with helping in the planning, but once Pierce is back with us we can figure it out then.

Speaking of which, where is Pierce these days? I hope he is okay. He owes me money, but I don't care about that really. He seems to have dropped off the Earth.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 3rd, 2014 at 10:31:50 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Just saw your post.

Speaking of which, where is Pierce these days? I hope he is okay. He owes me money, but I don't care about that really. He seems to have dropped off the Earth.

I spoke (by text) with him a few days ago. He is fine, he's very busy with about 5 major changes in his life and work, and he expects things to calm down very shortly. He also mentioned that he does come by a lot, he just hasn't had much to say at the moment. I'll let him pick it up from there when he's ready. But wanted to let everyone know he's ok.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: