kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
December 23rd, 2013 at 1:37:28 PM permalink
Second big line movement in 24 hours. The line came out at Dallas -2.5 last evening. As the Eagles rolled over Chicago, the line swung five points to Eagles -2.5. Now news that Tony Romo is done for the year, awaiting probably another 7 point movement.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
December 23rd, 2013 at 1:47:28 PM permalink
this is good news for my eagles super bowl pick.
kewlj
kewlj
December 23rd, 2013 at 1:49:26 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

this is good news for my eagles super bowl pick.

Your funny. :-) It should help them get TO the playoffs, but then again.....remember Minnesota.

LVH just reopened line @ Eagles -7.5. I have some real 'middling' opportunities here. :-) plus at 7.5 seems low. I expect that to grow.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
December 23rd, 2013 at 1:54:31 PM permalink
Is it absolutely necessary to let an NFC East team into the playoffs? The winner of the division should recuse themselves out of pure shame.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
kewlj
kewlj
December 23rd, 2013 at 1:59:40 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

Is it absolutely necessary to let an NFC East team into the playoffs? The winner of the division should recuse themselves out of pure shame.

Wait a minute now. If Eagles win, which they must to get in, they will be 10-6. That's respectable. I mean green bay may win their division with a record of 8-7-1.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 23rd, 2013 at 3:17:48 PM permalink
Kyle Orton to the rescue!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
sodawater
sodawater
December 23rd, 2013 at 3:18:42 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

I think you mean NFC North.
sodawater
sodawater
December 23rd, 2013 at 3:20:17 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Your funny. :-) It should help them get TO the playoffs, but then again.....remember Minnesota.

LVH just reopened line @ Eagles -7.5. I have some real 'middling' opportunities here. :-) plus at 7.5 seems low. I expect that to grow.

I don't think it's gonna grow much beyond Dallas +7.5 ... Maybe 8.5 but not to 9. Dallas is still at home plus Romo wasn't really that good to begin with.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 23rd, 2013 at 3:32:13 PM permalink
I just got an alert on my phone that says Jason Garrett says Romo is getting his back looked at but the rumors about him being out are just rumors.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 23rd, 2013 at 4:06:55 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

I think you mean NFC North.

If you have 4 teams beating each other up, they're going to have a lousy record compared to dominant teams in other divisions. This happens in the ACC all the time in basketball. I don't think the NFC North has been all that dominant of other divisions' teams this year, but the point of the playoff brackets is to determine how cross-division teams are against each other, and in-division teams are left behind. NFC North could easily produce a team that at least wins a game or two.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
December 23rd, 2013 at 4:54:33 PM permalink
The Dallas defense is so pathetic I think the eagles would win by a TD even if Romo was healthy...I recall watching the cowboys beat Philly in Philadelphia this year but Foles got injured early and Matt Barkley came in to totally suck.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
December 23rd, 2013 at 4:57:54 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

If you have 4 teams beating each other up, they're going to have a lousy record compared to dominant teams in other divisions. This happens in the ACC all the time in basketball. I don't think the NFC North has been all that dominant of other divisions' teams this year, but the point of the playoff brackets is to determine how cross-division teams are against each other, and in-division teams are left behind. NFC North could easily produce a team that at least wins a game or two.

The NFC north as a whole is 6 games below .500 against all teams outside of their division. The NFC east is 8 games under .500....By comparison the NFC west will be 21 games above .500 after tonight against all teams outside their division
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
December 23rd, 2013 at 5:07:05 PM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

The Dallas defense is so pathetic I think the eagles would win by a TD even if Romo was healthy...I recall watching the cowboys beat Philly in Philadelphia this year but Foles got injured early and Matt Barkley came in to totally suck.

I don't know.....I actually believe that the Cowboys may stand a better chance in the game with Orton rather than Romo. Just my silly assed thought for the day.....
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
  • Jump to: