s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 28th, 2013 at 7:38:44 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

No lack of opposition is not the same as support. It may be the fact that not many people feel strong enough to actively oppose what he says that does not mean the majority support what he said. I pointed to two polls that show that over 50% of people disagree with his views on gays.

Evenbob just makes things up. You should know that by now.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 28th, 2013 at 8:27:30 PM permalink

50% of people disagree with his views on gays.

I see that Shifty is still at it. *facepalm*
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
December 28th, 2013 at 8:29:32 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I see that Shifty is still at it. *facepalm*

Again how is it shifting topic to dispute what BoB says. Should I just let you guys make false claims in here and say ok don't want to change topic.

Also topic is about Robertson and I pointed out that a large number of people don't agree with what he said.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 28th, 2013 at 8:33:11 PM permalink

I pointed to two polls that show that over 50% of people disagree with his views on gays.

And I can find a poll that shows 75% agree. He
got reinstated, that's pretty much a mandate
for ol Phil's views.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 28th, 2013 at 8:34:08 PM permalink
Hey Shifty, YOU are the only one ranting & raving about gay marriage here. Stay on topic!

Still waiting for Shifty to bring up interracial marriage next...
Twirdman
Twirdman
December 28th, 2013 at 8:42:56 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

for ol Phil's views.

Again no its not. A networks decisions about a show are based on the audience of the show or at best the audience of the network. The audience for Duck Dynasty is not necessarily representative of the entire population so when A&E made their decision they didn't consider the opinion of the entire population. Oh heres another poll saying 45% of people agree with Robertson about homosexuality being a sin http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/12/20/what-do-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson-and-45-percent-of-americans-have-in-common/ . I mean at one point that 75% agreeing with him was probably true but hardly true now.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
December 28th, 2013 at 9:18:12 PM permalink

for ol Phil's views.

It's a mandate for A&E to continue airing Duck Dynasty and retain its 8 million viewers at 10pm on a Wednesday night, not a mandate for the American people. The American people did not make the decision for Phil to rejoin DD -- it was a corporate decision made by the Hearsts and Mickey Mouse. A&E made a corporate decision that the cares of its 8 million watchers outweighed the cares of the 342 million other Americans who don't watch the program.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 28th, 2013 at 9:18:39 PM permalink

Again how is it shifting topic to dispute what BoB says. Should I just let you guys make false claims in here and say ok don't want to change topic.

He's not been appointed moderator. So, even if you want to shift the topic, just go ahead. I will help you find plenty of people shifting topics in other threads that don't get bothered if need be.

Carry on.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
December 28th, 2013 at 9:31:16 PM permalink
as far back as I remember, living in the NY metro area for 45 years.....I can always coint on seeing(on the news) Al sharpton. or Jesse Jackson marching and boycotting or threatening boycotts if certain criteria are not met.

thats the biggest stick that sharpton and jackson heald all these years...the ability to mobilize boycotts.

so what works for them can work for others. They dont hold a monopoly on boycotting businesses based on what the busnesses do or say?
Twirdman
Twirdman
December 28th, 2013 at 9:39:40 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

so what works for them can work for others. They dont hold a monopoly on boycotting businesses based on what the busnesses do or say?

Yeah thats exactly what happened here some right wingers threatened a boycott of A&E if Robertson stayed off the air so A&E put Robertson back on the air. Boycotts can be a fairly powerful tool since businesses basically only concern is money. So if you want to affect change you got to hit the company where it hurts right in the coin purse.

EDIT: Both sides have used it to varying levels of success.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 28th, 2013 at 9:39:53 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

not a mandate for the American people. .

Sure it is. This was headline news for a week, it
was never out of the news. There was no hue and
cry for Phil's scalp, most people pretty much
agreed with him. That's what a mandate is.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Twirdman
Twirdman
December 28th, 2013 at 9:46:19 PM permalink

Sure it is. This was headline news for a week, it
was never out of the news. There was no hue and
cry for Phil's scalp, most people pretty much
agreed with him. That's what a mandate is.

Again no its not. Not protesting something is not the same as agreeing with someone. I've shown you polls showing that the majority disagree with him just because they don't feel strongly enough to take an active part doesn't mean they are on his side.

Like fairly sure Obama didn't say anything about it do you think that means he agrees with Robertson? No it just means he didn't feel the issue warented commenting on.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 28th, 2013 at 10:01:59 PM permalink

I've shown you polls showing that the majority disagree with him

You showed polls on gay marriage, Shifty.
Twirdman
Twirdman
December 28th, 2013 at 10:10:13 PM permalink

You showed polls on gay marriage, Shifty.

Heres another poll http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/12/20/what-do-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson-and-45-percent-of-americans-have-in-common/ which shows you fail to even get a plurality of people to agree that homosexuality is a sin. Specifically 45% say yes and 45% say no.

Oh and again I did post this poll earlier in the thread but clearly you don't pay attention
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 28th, 2013 at 10:12:59 PM permalink

Oh and again I did post this poll earlier in the thread but clearly you don't pay attention

You still don't get it, do you, Shifty? The people who disagree with Robertson don't watch the show. DUH!!!

...which is why your s2pid polls are irrelevant (and an attempt at a shift).

BTW, when are you going to shift to interracial marriage like you did earlier in this thread??
Twirdman
Twirdman
December 28th, 2013 at 10:23:53 PM permalink

You still don't get it, do you, Shifty? The people who disagree with Robertson don't watch the show. DUH!!!

When are you going to shift to interracial marriage??

I specifically said that is why A&E was smart to put him back on air. Here is what I said to the original post by BoB that the majority of Americans agree with Robertson on page "No simply most of the viewers of his show. And yeah he didn't end up getting fired because enough of his audience didn't think he was a jackhole. Hence A&E didn't feel they were losing enough money and that is probably the right economic choice for them given the most likely audience of the show." pg 55 post 5.

Here is a post on pg 48 where I spelled it out shortly after he got reinstated "Probably just did a knee jerk reaction before a proper cost benefit analyze could be performed. It is entirely possible they found out that a large chunk of the audience might not care about gay rights. All decisions by networks are based on cost benefit analyzes. They knew that comments like this on other shows have caused problems but differing audiences respond to things differently." Responding to why they initially suspended him then reinstated him.

Oh and heres my post with the two polls I cited so you clearly read that post "But again duck dynasty probably attracts a more southern conservative audience, just a guess haven't looked at demographics of who watch the show, which only has a roughly 30-low 40s range of support. So for the audience who watches Duck Dynasty there probably wasn't much outrage over the comment made so no reason to pull him. A&E was just thinking about money there and there's nothing wrong with that. Their decision however does not mean a majority of Americans agree with him."

A&E almost definately made the right decision here and I've pointed that out numerous times since the audience of the show is probably more southern and more conservative. BoB is claiming that a majority of Americans agree with Robertson and thats wrong. Do a majority of people who watch the show probably agree with him yeah almost definitely. But BoB is wrong and I am simply pointing that out. But please do go on about how I don't know why A&E would possibly make this decision and how I am misrepresenting its audience. Even though in basically every post I've made I said A&E made the right decision.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 28th, 2013 at 10:35:26 PM permalink
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FACT: Robertson said nothing about gay marriage.
FACT: Your s2pid polls were about gay marriage.
FACT: Your gay marriage posts were an attempt at a shift.

CONCLUSION: You are shifty.
Twirdman
Twirdman
December 28th, 2013 at 10:48:13 PM permalink

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FACT: Robertson said nothing about gay marriage.
FACT: Your s2pid polls were about gay marriage.
FACT: Your gay marriage posts were an attempt at a shift.

CONCLUSION: You are shifty.

OK what about the poll that says not even a majority of people believe homosexuality is a sin? http://www.people-press.org/2013/06/06/section-3-religious-belief-and-views-of-homosexuality. Also a majority 60% to be precise say homosexuality should be accepted. Nothing about gay marriage just a direct refutation of what Robertson said A) homosexuality is a sin. Clearly a majority of people don't agree with that not even a plurality exist it is a straight 45% 45% tie. He also clearly thinks accepting of homosexuality behavior is a bad thing he laid out what follows from it and the moral decay it leads to yet 60% of people say homosexuality should be accepted.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 28th, 2013 at 10:57:49 PM permalink
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just admit it. YOU WERE WRONG. Is it really that hard for you to do?

YOU brought up gay marriage. That was a shift, right????
Twirdman
Twirdman
December 28th, 2013 at 11:01:16 PM permalink

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just admit it. YOU WERE WRONG. Is it really that hard for you to do?

YOU brought up gay marriage. That was a shift, right????

What am I wrong about BoB said the majority of people agreed with Robertson that is clearly not the case.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 28th, 2013 at 11:25:48 PM permalink
This guy goes off on Duck Dynasty-hating libs. Preach it, brother!

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 29th, 2013 at 2:49:36 AM permalink

What am I wrong about BoB said the majority of people agreed with Robertson that is clearly not the case.

This is why I will continue to expose your blatant dishonesty & shifty ways for all of the forum to see. YOU were the first one to bring up gay marriage.

Not Phil Robertson, not LarryS, not EvenBob, not anyone else. It was YOU.

Why do you continue to lie about this????????????????????
tournamentking
tournamentking
  • Threads: 2
December 29th, 2013 at 4:13:29 AM permalink

Again no its not. Not protesting something is not the same as agreeing with someone. I've shown you polls showing that the majority disagree with him just because they don't feel strongly enough to take an active part doesn't mean they are on his side.

Like fairly sure Obama didn't say anything about it do you think that means he agrees with Robertson? No it just means he didn't feel the issue warented commenting on.

The last thing on earth Obama agrees with or accepts is gay marriage. He knows it's twisted. But like with immigration and handouts for the poor, he publicly sides with them for votes. It's slimy, but it works. When he gets back to living in Hawaii after his reign is over, I wouldn't be surprised if he finally starts telling the truth about everything.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 29th, 2013 at 5:15:31 AM permalink
Quote: LarryS

as far back as I remember, living in the NY metro area for 45 years.....I can always coint on seeing(on the news) Al sharpton. or Jesse Jackson marching and boycotting or threatening boycotts if certain criteria are not met.

thats the biggest stick that sharpton and jackson heald all these years...the ability to mobilize boycotts.

You must remember the Morton Downey Jr show. It started on channel 9 in Secaucus before going syndicated. Al Sharpton was a frequent guest and not very nice guy. He also wasn't the bag of bones that he is now, he was just the opposite. I wonder if he is ill.

If it wasn't for the Tawana Brawley hoax I doubt the guy would have a career.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 29th, 2013 at 5:33:52 AM permalink

This guy goes off on Duck Dynasty-hating libs. Preach it, brother!

I just learned a new term that I have to google - homosexual mafia. Can't wait to see that.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 29th, 2013 at 6:50:19 AM permalink
On MSNBC’s Now Friday, king race-baiter Michael Eric Dyson said, “Phil Robertson and the Duck Dynasty is part of a majority white supremacist culture that either consciously or unconsciously incubates hatred toward those who are different”

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/28/msnbc-s-dyson-phil-robertson-and-duck-dynasty-part-majority-white-sup#ixzz2osKL70nT

Phil Robertson did not say anything hateful or vile. He did not say he disliked blacks or homosexuals, yet people like this want to come down on him like a ton of bricks because his beliefs and life experiences are different than theirs. Funny isn't it--we're supposed to accept this agenda or that agenda without question yet our beliefs are questioned for simply saying something they disagree with.

If he had said hateful things about blacks or homosexuals, it would be a whole different story.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 29th, 2013 at 6:53:48 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

You must remember the Morton Downey Jr show. It started on channel 9 in Secaucus before going syndicated. Al Sharpton was a frequent guest and not very nice guy. He also wasn't the bag of bones that he is now, he was just the opposite. I wonder if he is ill.

Al Sharpton has nothing worthwhile to say. His brand does nothing to fix the real issues of race that we have; he'd rather incite problems than fix them. The people that really want to help the issue look both inside and outside the community to fix problems.

There are guys like him in every town--QX in Houston, etc.--they do nothing to make things better.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 30th, 2013 at 5:04:08 PM permalink
Oh brother, libs just can't let this one go. Now they're giving Phil Robertson a proctological examination.

'Duck Dynasty' star says men should marry teenage girls

And for the record, his wife of almost 48 years married him when she was 16.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
December 30th, 2013 at 5:37:54 PM permalink
Yeah, for objective reportage of the social discourse of the day, read the products of the Bay Area.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 30th, 2013 at 5:50:48 PM permalink
San Jose Mercury, LA Times, New York Times.....they're all the same.
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
December 30th, 2013 at 5:53:59 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I remember mort downey...at the time he was nicknamed fat al sharpton

I also remeber him protesting to get a radio personality Bob Grant thrown off the air.
  • Jump to: