13 votes (48.14%)
14 votes (51.85%)

27 members have voted

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
October 30th, 2013 at 8:32:44 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

So you didn't even make it past the first part of the first sentence?!? LOL!

Hint: I asked a question afterwards (which you didn't bothering answering, BTW).

You brought up the 2+2 tangent on the obamacare thread
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
October 30th, 2013 at 8:33:33 AM permalink
You call everything a tangent that overwhelms your answering ability. Get it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
October 30th, 2013 at 8:42:13 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

I believe that I understand your view point. Please correct me if I am wrong. It seems that you are saying that your having formulated an opinion therefore makes your opinion the correct one.

Now you seem to be understanding it.

At least when my opinion can be quantified somehow. For example:

"Blue is the nicest color for a car."--clearly this is impossible to prove as it cannot be measured or bench-marked.

"Obamacare takes away my freedom in my medical decisions."--clearly this can be proven, and we are seeing it proven daily.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
October 30th, 2013 at 8:49:23 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

You brought up the 2+2 tangent on the obamacare thread

You call everything a tangent that overwhelms your answering ability. Get it.

Um...no. After seeing some of your debates with other members, I'm not the only one who has come to this conclusion. ;)

EDIT: BTW, my 2 + 2 = 4 comment disproves something that another member said. Your 'dictator' comment addresses a point that (unfortunately) nobody ever made. lol...
Fighting BS one post at a time!
rxwine
rxwine
October 30th, 2013 at 8:55:26 AM permalink

Um...no. After seeing some of your debates with other members, I'm not the only one who has come to this conclusion. ;)

You forgot to bring Duffman's mention as Lincoln as tangent in your loosely defined tangent assessing ability. Guess you are bias and wrong.

Leaders and dictators who are leaders.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
October 30th, 2013 at 8:57:29 AM permalink

OK, I will correct you since you are wrong. Here's the question I had asked you (the one you never answered): If a person is unsure whether or not 2 + 2 = 4, then is that person more open-minded than somebody who's sure about the answer?

Please answer the question this time.

No worries. It's kind of a ridiculous question but no worries. Sure that person is open-minded. He would be stating, with an honest opinion, that he is believes that 2+2=4 but is really not sure. I think everyone could live with that. Does that make him intelligent? No. Does that mean everyone who is open-minded is highly intelligent? No. But someone who realizes that they are not always right on complex issues IS more intelligent, or at least has some common sense.

Now answer the question I posed to you. The one that asked whether I am understanding that you feel that your opinion is absolutely correct, just because it is you who formulated it. You feel that you could not possibly made an error.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 30th, 2013 at 9:07:56 AM permalink

You forgot to bring Duffman's mention as Lincoln as tangent in your loosely defined tangent assessing ability. Guess you are bias and wrong.

Nope. AZ was arguing against a point that somebody made. You were arguing against a point nobody ever made. ;)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 30th, 2013 at 9:10:24 AM permalink

No worries. It's kind of a ridiculous question but no worries. Sure that person is open-minded. He would be stating, with an honest opinion, that he is believes that 2+2=4 but is really not sure. I think everyone could live with that. Does that make him intelligent? No. Does that mean everyone who is open-minded is highly intelligent? No. But someone who realizes that they are not always right on complex issues IS more intelligent, or at least has some common sense.

LOL...you still didn't answer the question!! I say it once more. Slowly, this time:

If a person is unsure whether or not 2 + 2 = 4, then is that person more open-minded than somebody who's sure about the answer?
rxwine
rxwine
October 30th, 2013 at 9:12:50 AM permalink

Nope. AZ was arguing against a point that somebody made. You were arguing against a point nobody ever made. ;)

No, the point was made about people being sure. That good leaders are sure. But, if so, some leaders are dictators. Are dictators right? Completely on the point, even if you fail to grasp it. Frankly, your posts represent grasping very little.

(the post having a typo throws a wrench in the original clarity, but I have nothing to do with that)

(edited to correct my own post.)
steeldco
steeldco
October 30th, 2013 at 9:14:06 AM permalink

LOL...you still didn't answer the question!! I say it once more. Slowly, this time:

If a person is unsure whether or not 2 + 2 = 4, then is that person more open-minded than somebody who's sure about the answer?

Apparently I just answered it in too complex of a manner for you to comprehend. I'll dumb it down for you. Yes. He is more open minded. Please look up the definition of open-minded if you still feel confused.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 30th, 2013 at 9:20:53 AM permalink

Apparently I just answered it in too complex of a manner for you to comprehend. I'll dumb it down for you. Yes. He is more open minded. Please look up the definition of open-minded if you still feel confused.

Actually, I think you did a good job of confusing yourself. lol!

So let's see, one person is sure that 2 + 2 = 4, another is unsure.....and you claim that the unsure person is more open-minded, while the sure person is more closed-minded? My god, that is so bizarre.

Anyway, I think I'll let your statement stand for itself and let the readers decide. (Abraham Lincoln's famous quote about "Better to remain silent..." comes to mind)
steeldco
steeldco
October 30th, 2013 at 9:22:48 AM permalink
Sounds good. Trying using a dictionary or looking up the meaning of open-minded on the internet. You may find it useful.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 30th, 2013 at 9:23:23 AM permalink

No, the point was made about people being sure. That good leaders are sure. But, if so, some leaders are dictators. Are dictators right? Completely on the point, even if you fail to grasp it. Frankly, your posts represent grasping very little.

As I just said in my previous post, "Better to remain silent..." comes to mind after reading the above quote. lol
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 30th, 2013 at 9:23:56 AM permalink

Sounds good. Trying using a dictionary or looking up the meaning of open-minded on the internet. You may find it useful.

LOL, then *facepalm* :)
steeldco
steeldco
October 30th, 2013 at 9:24:12 AM permalink
BTW beethoven, I earlier had posted a question to you for which you have not responded. Do you care to reply?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 30th, 2013 at 9:25:55 AM permalink

BTW beethoven, I earlier had posted a question to you for which you have not responded. Do you care to reply?

Nah, we'll just let the readers judge your bizarre statement along with my non-response. I'm confident they'll come to the proper conclusion. ;)
steeldco
steeldco
October 30th, 2013 at 9:27:09 AM permalink

Nah, we'll just let the readers judge your bizarre statement along with my non-response. I'm confident they'll come to the right conclusion. ;)

Very typical of someone who has no intelligent response and needs to end the discussion. No worries. We can end this conversation.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 30th, 2013 at 9:29:23 AM permalink

Very typical of someone who has no intelligent response and needs to end the discussion. No worries. We can end this conversation.

LOL

Coming from you, I'll take that as a huge compliment. ;)

Later...
  • Jump to: