ClarkWGriswold
ClarkWGriswold
  • Threads: 8
September 5th, 2013 at 11:14:15 PM permalink
EDIT: What is a decent place to stay in AC?
I'm seeing comp/low rates for CET properties midweek (I'm Diamond)
Which one should I AVOID?
"I am your average American gambling idiot" - Me
wudged
wudged
  • Threads: 2
September 6th, 2013 at 4:55:59 AM permalink
Avoid Bally's. Everything is way out of date and had a friend stay there once with some roaches.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
September 6th, 2013 at 7:24:16 AM permalink
I'M not that fussy so I overlook things especially when I'm not paying. I've stayed at all four and I have to lump the other two Boardwalk properties in with wudged's comments on Bally's. That leaves Harrah's which I found slightly better but that is not a recommendation.

One of the drawbacks of staying at the Marina District is the need to haul out the car, use public transportation or walk to the Boardwalk. I have done the latter on occasion.

Let's face it, if it's not the Borgatta or Revel it's going to be hit or miss at the rest of the joints.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 6th, 2013 at 7:48:06 AM permalink
Bally's and Caesar's have had numerous (though less than 10) bedbug reports in the past year or so; nothing for Harrah's or Showboat on the 2 registry sites I checked. If that's an indicator for you as well, you might keep it in mind. I think the Jitney works pretty well getting between the Marina and the Boardwalk, and also to Borgata from either Boardwalk or Harrah's. And it's a bit of fun.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
wudged
wudged
  • Threads: 2
September 6th, 2013 at 8:02:26 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

...walk to the Boardwalk. I have done the latter on occasion...

You are a lot braver than I am!

I've also heard rumors about some kind of shuttle that operates between the CET properties, although I have never ridden or even sought out to find any details about it.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
September 6th, 2013 at 8:10:14 AM permalink
Quote: wudged

You are a lot braver than I am!

I've also heard rumors about some kind of shuttle that operates between the CET properties, although I have never ridden or even sought out to find any details about it.

What, you're afraid of a few twelve year old drug dealers on bicycles? :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 6th, 2013 at 8:14:44 AM permalink
I just talked to Harrah's AC (I was curious also); they run a free shuttle between their 4 properties every 45 minutes for card holders who are booked in one of their rooms overnight. It runs from 10 am to 10:30 pm 7 days a week.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
September 6th, 2013 at 7:38:55 PM permalink
They are all good except I would avoid Bally's unless you can guarantee the Bally's/Garden tower.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
September 8th, 2013 at 7:42:29 AM permalink
Quote: ClarkWGriswold

EDIT: What is a decent place to stay in AC?
I'm seeing comp/low rates for CET properties midweek (I'm Diamond)
Which one should I AVOID?

Borgata, Revel, Harrah's. If you say you're Diamond you can get a room at Borgata no problem. Free shuttles to the boardwalk during the day, until 8PM I think (but check).
A falling knife has no handle.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 8th, 2013 at 7:49:47 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

They are all good except I would avoid Bally's unless you can guarantee the Bally's/Garden tower.

Even if you can book the Dennis building, that's no guarantee that you'll get it. I have booked the Dennis building and have been bumped to the Claridge. I will no longer stay at Bally's.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Mosca
Mosca
September 8th, 2013 at 7:55:37 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Even if you can book the Dennis building, that's no guarantee that you'll get it. I have booked the Dennis building and have been bumped to the Claridge. I will no longer stay at Bally's.

Claridge is a dump, no question.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
September 8th, 2013 at 4:44:40 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Claridge is a dump, no question.

Would that apply to the renovated quarters, too?
Mosca
Mosca
September 8th, 2013 at 5:55:22 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Would that apply to the renovated quarters, too?

Last time we were there was maybe 3 years ago, so if the renovations were after that, then I don't know.
  • Jump to: