Pando
Pando
  • Threads: 41
June 23rd, 2013 at 8:12:52 PM permalink
Quote: egalite

This reminds me, there exists some rather skilled croupiers, mainly in Sky City Auckland. When I was naive and still wet behind the ears, I played a four step martingale on 3 x EC's at the same time. I didn't win a single spin (go figure those odds and the available numbers which to lose against), the dealer didn't even put the ball on zero or throw a double spin to clean me out.

What got me, was the blatant remark he made to the pit boss who was grinning while looking on, "maybe I was being too hard on him". One of many tales while playing in that joint. One of the reasons why I switched to playing baccarat, no dealer influence on the next outcome, your fate is at the mercy of how the cards fall.

So you are saying that there/were dealers at Sky City who can hit a specific number 4 times in a row to deny you your win. Sorry, not possible, as anyone on this forum would agree with.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
June 24th, 2013 at 7:08:39 AM permalink
Quote: Pando

So you are saying that there/were dealers at Sky City who can hit a specific number 4 times in a row to deny you your win. Sorry, not possible, as anyone on this forum would agree with.

I wouldn't agree 100% as I've seen it demonstrated* that a number can be hit fairly accurately (within 1 number either way), but I certainly can't do it.

* When I was in dealer school the roulette instructor spun 6 times and either hit the number he called or was within 1 number to either side. 1 hit I'd call coincidence, 2 luck, 3 extreme luck. 6? I'd say it's within the realm of possible.
Walkinshaw30t
Walkinshaw30t
  • Threads: 19
June 30th, 2013 at 8:37:05 AM permalink
Quote: egalite

This reminds me, there exists some rather skilled croupiers, mainly in Sky City Auckland. When I was naive and still wet behind the ears, I played a four step martingale on 3 x EC's at the same time. I didn't win a single spin (go figure those odds and the available numbers which to lose against), the dealer didn't even put the ball on zero or throw a double spin to clean me out.

What got me, was the blatant remark he made to the pit boss who was grinning while looking on, "maybe I was being too hard on him". One of many tales while playing in that joint. One of the reasons why I switched to playing baccarat, no dealer influence on the next outcome, your fate is at the mercy of how the cards fall.

Damn thats unlucky!
I have had some big streaks at roulette lately- i sat down and there was a streak of 12 black and i left, when i returned i sat down to have it immediately continue for another 8, i left again and when i returned it immediately continued for 5 untill it broke. For the period of 25 spins i was at the table they were all black!
Anyway just wanted to know- do you feel betting on the 3 ECs as one lowers the variance somewhat?
If so do you know how it would be calculated?
Time will tell
  • Jump to: