MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
October 25th, 2012 at 2:17:52 PM permalink
From time to time I like to play Shufflemaster's free versions of it's games online at http://www.playshfl.com/

But lately there's been a problem, the amount of money I have just keeps going up and up and up. Not that I'm winning, it just keeps adding more money.

Normally you'd begin with $10,000 and if you happened to lose it all your 10k would be replenished. I like this because it lets me try a betting strategy and be able to see pretty easily how it works. The other day it gave me just over $90,000 so I played Mississippi Stud with $500 ante and x3 ante on each of the other bets (unless I had a pushing or paying pair, then I'd fold) until I lost about $80,000 and could then go play 3CP the way I like, with about $10,000.

It's been going up steadily everyday though! I'm now up to $958,635.50. I've cleared my cookies, I've even tried it in a different browser that I've never used for the game and some how it "knows" how much money I have.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or know a work around other than playing badly to lose it all?
TheBigPaybak
TheBigPaybak
  • Threads: 14
October 25th, 2012 at 2:34:28 PM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

From time to time I like to play Shufflemaster's free versions of it's games online at http://www.playshfl.com/

But lately there's been a problem, the amount of money I have just keeps going up and up and up. Not that I'm winning, it just keeps adding more money.

Normally you'd begin with $10,000 and if you happened to lose it all your 10k would be replenished. I like this because it lets me try a betting strategy and be able to see pretty easily how it works. The other day it gave me just over $90,000 so I played Mississippi Stud with $500 ante and x3 ante on each of the other bets (unless I had a pushing or paying pair, then I'd fold) until I lost about $80,000 and could then go play 3CP the way I like, with about $10,000.

It's been going up steadily everyday though! I'm now up to $958,635.50. I've cleared my cookies, I've even tried it in a different browser that I've never used for the game and some how it "knows" how much money I have.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or know a work around other than playing badly to lose it all?

I also enjoy the site, but I've noticed it's in more of a "demo" mode and doesn't appear to be truly random at this point. I'll go the site and then a few hands in, notice the same hands being dealt that I've had before. And it isn't just me somehow getting the same hands at random either: it's happened too often. Maybe someone from SHFL can comment?
Lack of prior planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
October 25th, 2012 at 2:46:09 PM permalink
I tried it a couple weeks ago, and my bankroll always seemed to be some random number. It went up and down with no correlation to what I was betting or winning/losing.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
October 25th, 2012 at 3:12:55 PM permalink
Quote: TheBigPaybak

I also enjoy the site, but I've noticed it's in more of a "demo" mode and doesn't appear to be truly random at this point. I'll go the site and then a few hands in, notice the same hands being dealt that I've had before. And it isn't just me somehow getting the same hands at random either: it's happened too often. Maybe someone from SHFL can comment?

I haven't noticed a problem with randomness, but I do seem to have extraordinary luck, at least at 3CP.... either that or I've hit upon a betting system that really does work! :)

Edit to add: As soon as I posted this I went back to the site to look at it and poof! I only had $12,000. Weird.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
October 25th, 2012 at 3:18:30 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

I tried it a couple weeks ago, and my bankroll always seemed to be some random number. It went up and down with no correlation to what I was betting or winning/losing.

Ok, I just saw this happen. As I just stated I went back and it was down to $12,000, great, I can work with that. I put $15 on my Pair Plus bet and noticed that I only had $8,985. Huh? Then I put $25 on my ante and proceeded to get 6, 5, 2 so I folded. At which point I went to $26,960. WTF?

I hope they get this fixed soon, I've found I get a great deal of relaxation out of playing Shuffle's carnival games for free and I feel like they've taken away my toy. :(
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
October 25th, 2012 at 4:02:22 PM permalink
Just checked in there again, it still shows I folded my last hand (which is true) but my total is now: $17,804.50. Something is seriously broken over there.
NickyDim
NickyDim
  • Threads: 2
October 25th, 2012 at 4:53:27 PM permalink
Looks like we are playing on a server where your bank is a community bank. I can lose a hand and the bankroll goes up. Somewhere else there must be contributions and deductions to it.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
October 25th, 2012 at 5:00:28 PM permalink
Quote: NickyDim

Looks like we are playing on a server where your bank is a community bank. I can lose a hand and the bankroll goes up. Somewhere else there must be contributions and deductions to it.

That's a good theory, but sometimes it stays stable for hours at a time.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
November 2nd, 2012 at 2:01:05 PM permalink
Quote: TheBigPaybak

Okay: If you get dealt a set of aces, the dealer will have the fourth ace as the second card. When you get the set of tens, the fourth ten is the dealer's third card. With KQ9 of hearts, the dealer will have the two black jacks and a black 10 so you make a straight but never a straight flush. With JQK of hearts the dealer will turn over the ace of hearts first, then the 7 2 of clubs so you don't get the 6-card royal.

You will see the 678 of hearts straight flush in your hand more often than any other sf, and the dealer will get it sometimes as well.

Definitely a demo mode. I can't get Fortune PGP or MS anymore, either.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
TheBigPaybak
TheBigPaybak
  • Threads: 14
November 2nd, 2012 at 2:12:12 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Okay: If you get dealt a set of aces, the dealer will have the fourth ace as the second card. When you get the set of tens, the fourth ten is the dealer's third card. With KQ9 of hearts, the dealer will have the two black jacks and a black 10 so you make a straight but never a straight flush. With JQK of hearts the dealer will turn over the ace of hearts first, then the 7 2 of clubs so you don't get the 6-card royal.

You will see the 678 of hearts straight flush in your hand more often than any other sf, and the dealer will get it sometimes as well.

Definitely a demo mode. I can't get Fortune PGP or MS anymore, either.

Yeah, I'm gotten a j-q-k-Ace of Hearts straight flush in 4-card a couple times now and noticed other patterns.

While I like the "demo", SHFL should either state as such on the site, or make it random, as visitors trying out new games (for them), get a skewed feeling of the game which may turn them off.
Lack of prior planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
November 2nd, 2012 at 2:15:37 PM permalink
And now I can get all the other games again!
  • Jump to: