3 votes (2.83%)
22 votes (20.75%)
42 votes (39.62%)

106 members have voted

wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
July 22nd, 2013 at 9:20:45 AM permalink
There's a House Bill going through that will reschedule marijuana. I don't know how far it goes. As I see it, with 18 states selling medical marijuana and 2 states selling recreational marijuana, the minimum reschedule needed is that of over the counter drugs. If you keep it where you need a prescription, then recreational users are still in violation of federal laws. I'm not sure I want it in the same class as alcohol. Marijuana is a natural plant in it organic state and alcohol is pretty much derived from chemistry and manipulation.

As long as it's legal for use at home, I'm good with it.
Buffering...
Birdgang
Birdgang
  • Threads: 2
August 4th, 2013 at 5:29:52 PM permalink
I'd like all drugs to be legal. Not because I want to take them, that's easy now, but because it would keep from going to prison for something they decide to do to themselves. Vice crimes should have no place in an allegedly civilized country.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 31st, 2013 at 5:20:04 PM permalink
Deleted
Fighting BS one post at a time!
BizzyB
BizzyB
  • Threads: 5
January 6th, 2014 at 11:24:54 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Never gonna happen in a Christian country. Dream on.

You mean atheist country that purports to be Christian when it's either convenient, or faced with a crisis.
BizzyB
BizzyB
January 6th, 2014 at 11:27:28 PM permalink
deleted
BizzyB
BizzyB
January 6th, 2014 at 11:27:58 PM permalink
Quote: Birdgang

I'd like all drugs to be legal. Not because I want to take them, that's easy now, but because it would keep from going to prison for something they decide to do to themselves. Vice crimes should have no place in an allegedly civilized country.

Heroin selling and using is generally not punished in some countries. This is bad. I'd agree with you on most drugs, but not ones that cause unbeatable addictions and financial ruin.
BizzyB
BizzyB
January 6th, 2014 at 11:30:15 PM permalink
Quote: wroberson

There's a House Bill going through that will reschedule marijuana. I don't know how far it goes. As I see it, with 18 states selling medical marijuana and 2 states selling recreational marijuana, the minimum reschedule needed is that of over the counter drugs. If you keep it where you need a prescription, then recreational users are still in violation of federal laws. I'm not sure I want it in the same class as alcohol. Marijuana is a natural plant in it organic state and alcohol is pretty much derived from chemistry and manipulation.

As long as it's legal for use at home, I'm good with it.

If you abuse drugs you are a loser, so I don't care if they are legal or not. But I pretty much agree, alcohol is more dangerous than pot. Hypocrites and profiteers run the country.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 7th, 2014 at 8:23:25 AM permalink
With drugs is usually the addicts kids who pay the price. With tobacco the kids are adults with kids before they pay the price for parents being heavy smokers. But any addiction can ruin you. Family, church, sports, religion, etc!
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 176
January 7th, 2014 at 11:28:26 AM permalink
NO KILL I
hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
February 7th, 2014 at 12:49:48 PM permalink
It's not so much whether a drug is legal as it is how we handle those who use them.

Marijuana? Treat it like alcohol and cigarettes - subject it to your usual bans on smoking, whatever those may be, and keep people from using it while driving. You kill someone under the influence, you pay the price. You get caught driving under the influence? Rehab, rehab, rehab.

Frankly, if you do anything bad because of drugs, you should be sent to a rehab facility, one that actually, you know, rehabilitates rather than encourages recidivism and going back to prison so companies can make tons of profits off jailbirds. And if we want people to stop using drugs, instead of this DARE nonsense, send a bunch of people to talk about the reasons that a drug sucks that people don't think about but will directly affect people in a way that people will think, "Yeah, that would suck. I'll stick to beer/weed."

• Jump to: