11 votes (42.3%)
2 votes (7.69%)

26 members have voted

boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 19th, 2011 at 8:11:26 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Completely useless. First, why would you start a poll that is a very thinly veiled personal attack on another person? And if you decided to do it, why would you do it when the site owner has already put the FSZ on "probation" for personal attacks? Secondly, what on earth does a person's being gay have to do with their opinion of MKL?

And finally, why your constant obsession with pushing gay issues on a gambling/vegas website? For that matter, why your constant pushing of gay issues and topics, period? Maybe you haven't noticed but other than you 99% of posts here do not discuss the issue. No one seems to care if a gay person discusses sports betting, card counting, or dice control. But many (including myself) do get tired of people feeling the need to tell us they are gay 10 times a week. I won't speak for MKL but I would guess he is one of them.

You have, in the last 2 months or so, moved from wanting "tolerance" for coming out on the board to wanting "acceptance" and now to wanting others to talk about your sexual choices. Well, most people are not interested in "sex talk" here as this is not 7th grade. Of those most people, most ignore you and hope you move on. MKL seems to be one of us who suspect you will not move on and are just asking in a firmer and firmer tone that you drop the subject, just as if you were at a bar and agitating everyone you would be asked to drop it by the bartender or the guy at the corner of the bar.

So, why not drop it? Post gay issues in the GLBT Corner section that you asked for and were graciously given by the Wizard. For other posts, stick to the topic and refrain from caring about the other guys (or gals) sexual choices. In all cases, quit demanding people accept your choices in life. If you cannot do the last one, use the ignore feature.

BTW: I know Nareed has me on ignore but I know he is peeking. Maybe this will show up via MKL or another person replying so he does see it.

I'm with you AZ. I don't care if Nareed's transgender and I don't care about gay / straight / TG opinions either when it comes to gambling or this forum.

With respect to MKL, he has some valuable opinions. I've said the same thing about JerryLogan too. Both can be quite abrasive, and clearly MKL appears to enjoy the debate (and is rare to admit that he is wrong). I know however, that he has managed to piss you off Nareed. My question to you is "why do you care?" Why do you seem to be offended that someone living thousands of miles away from you who you don't really know is making some comment on the validity of your journey? There are a few people I don't like in this world and I just tend to ignore them. Do the same on this forum.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 295
February 19th, 2011 at 9:10:21 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

There are a few people I don't like in this world and I just tend to ignore them. Do the same on this forum.

oddly, this has been Nareed's advice at times.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 19th, 2011 at 12:47:05 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I know however, that he has managed to piss you off Nareed. My question to you is "why do you care?" Why do you seem to be offended that someone living thousands of miles away from you who you don't really know is making some comment on the validity of your journey?

I can ignore someone who does that. I find it harder to ignore someone who says that while pretending to be supportive and sympathetic.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
February 19th, 2011 at 3:34:21 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I can ignore someone who does that. I find it harder to ignore someone who says that while pretending to be supportive and sympathetic.

My pity for you is genuine. Your life must be a living hell; if you react to me, an internet poster whom you have never met and whose posts you don't even have to read, in such vehement and defensive fashion, how must you react to the persons you physically encounter every day? Do you go off like a rocket at every real or perceived slight? Seems to me like a life spent on high alert and in conflict with everyone and everything--not any fun at all.

I should correct you on one point--I am sympathetic to your plight and your condition, but I am anything but supportive of your "transgender journey", not only because it is a fool's errand (as it would be for anyone attempting something that is not possible), but because it has so obviously NOT brought you the peace of mind you are seeking.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
aahigh
aahigh
  • Threads: 3
February 20th, 2011 at 12:49:37 AM permalink
OMFG. Listen you guys. I barely freaking post to this board because it has become overrun with bullshit topics and freaking teenage (at best) disagreements about things that are more banal than Justin Beiber's status as a legitimate teen star.

Freaking goddamn it! This is a mother freaking gd GAMBLER f'ing forum.

I don't care about gay crap.

I don't care about freaking Jr High School Primma DOnna bull freaking shee ite!

Let us freaking get rid of the GD freaking noise on this GD forum and freaking talk about something like GD gambling or GD Las Vegas.

I don't care if you have both a penis and vagina.

I don't care who the freak is sleeping with who or if you like to suck cock or lick assholes for kicks.

Talk about the GD hard ways or counting cards for GD crying out F'ing loud.

Why do you think i don't post .. you freaks who dominate this GD forum are freaking OBSESSED WITH YOUR GD SELF!!!!

GET OVER YOUR GD SELF AND THINK ABOUT THE OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE WHO WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE TO TALK ABOUT GD GAMBLING!!!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 20th, 2011 at 12:58:25 AM permalink
God Damn, yeah!
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
February 20th, 2011 at 3:29:26 AM permalink
Quote: aahigh

OMFG. Listen you guys. I barely freaking post to this board because it has become overrun with bullshit topics and freaking teenage (at best) disagreements about things that are more banal than Justin Beiber's status as a legitimate teen star.

Freaking goddamn it! This is a mother freaking gd GAMBLER f'ing forum.

I don't care about gay crap.

I don't care about freaking Jr High School Primma DOnna bull freaking shee ite!

Let us freaking get rid of the GD freaking noise on this GD forum and freaking talk about something like GD gambling or GD Las Vegas.

I don't care if you have both a penis and vagina.

I don't care who the freak is sleeping with who or if you like to suck cock or lick assholes for kicks.

Talk about the GD hard ways or counting cards for GD crying out F'ing loud.

Why do you think i don't post .. you freaks who dominate this GD forum are freaking OBSESSED WITH YOUR GD SELF!!!!

GET OVER YOUR GD SELF AND THINK ABOUT THE OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE WHO WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE TO TALK ABOUT GD GAMBLING!!!

I agree. Who cares what type of holes you like to plug. It has no relevance when discussing someone's opinion on virtually every topic. Ridiculous poll.
PeteM
PeteM
  • Threads: 4
February 20th, 2011 at 4:26:33 AM permalink
I concur with Aussie and aahigh. I concurIconcurIconcur
"Win with a smile, lose with grace."
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
February 20th, 2011 at 5:05:12 PM permalink
MKL reminds me of that character Frank Gallagher from "Shameless" ...

pcket5s
pcket5s
  • Threads: 1
February 20th, 2011 at 5:50:18 PM permalink
Quote: aahigh

GD F'ing right doggy...

I dislike MKL, but I agree this poll is childish at best.
I like to play blackjack. I'm not addicted to gambling. I'm addicted to sitting in a semi-circle.

• Jump to: