13 votes (18.3%)
54 votes (76.05%)
4 votes (5.63%)

71 members have voted

DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
December 28th, 2010 at 7:51:05 AM permalink
Are there more "sinners" amongst the gambling crowd? Looks that way according to the poll. However I'll bet that when you distance the AP crowd away from the gambling crowd, their numbers (AP'ers) will return to "normal". Not sure these days what normal is being how this lifestyle is a choice, but Kinsey had it at 3%, I believe.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
December 28th, 2010 at 8:17:48 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Are there more "sinners" amongst the gambling crowd? Looks that way according to the poll. However I'll bet that when you distance the AP crowd away from the gambling crowd, their numbers (AP'ers) will return to "normal". Not sure these days what normal is being how this lifestyle is a choice, but Kinsey had it at 3%, I believe.

The AP lifestyle is a choice? I'd say.

However, I don't know how an intelligent person can argue that all people are born heterosexual, and choose to be homosexual. Why would anyone choose a harder lifestyle?

Of course the AP lifestyle is harder too, and people choose that... Oh man, I totally just confused myself.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 28th, 2010 at 8:27:17 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
December 28th, 2010 at 9:02:04 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

The AP lifestyle is a choice? I'd say.

However, I don't know how an intelligent person can argue that all people are born heterosexual, and choose to be homosexual. Why would anyone choose a harder lifestyle?

Of course the AP lifestyle is harder too, and people choose that... Oh man, I totally just confused myself.

You would need to ask someoe who chooses the homosexual lifestyle why they chose it. And other than someone forced into it in prison, it is at the least a choice of behavoir-people are responsible for their actions.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
December 28th, 2010 at 11:46:55 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Why on Earth not?

I'm wondering why a board devoted to gambling needs such a distinction. Do lesbians gamble differently than straights? There's plenty of room in the Off Topic sections for whatever people want to kick around. Does the Wizard need separate sections for blacks, hispanics, asians, Jews, Catholics, and Muslims?

I see the point of these boards as inviting everyone with a common interest (gambling) to one place to exchange thoughts and ideas. Seems odd to me to go out of the way to subdivide people by distinctions that are irrelevant to the subject of the board.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
December 28th, 2010 at 11:57:58 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

You would need to ask someoe who chooses the homosexual lifestyle why they chose it. And other than someone forced into it in prison, it is at the least a choice of behavoir-people are responsible for their actions.

What would you say about people who are attracted to people of the same gender and do not act on it? Are they still choosing to live a (somewhat half-assed) "gay lifestyle?" Or are they combating the inclinations that they were born with?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 28th, 2010 at 12:14:05 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

What would you say about people who are attracted to people of the same gender and do not act on it? Are they still choosing to live a (somewhat half-assed) "gay lifestyle?" Or are they combating the inclinations that they were born with?

If they are only having sexual relations with people of the oppisite sex then they are straight. It is about behavior, not some biology no one has proven yet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 28th, 2010 at 12:15:43 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

I'm wondering why a board devoted to gambling needs such a distinction. Do lesbians gamble differently than straights? There's plenty of room in the Off Topic sections for whatever people want to kick around. Does the Wizard need separate sections for blacks, hispanics, asians, Jews, Catholics, and Muslims?

Well put.
Garnabby
Garnabby
  • Threads: 4
December 28th, 2010 at 4:35:57 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I think there is a certain new phenomenon of gay fascination that sort of is spreading around, and someone like that can cash in. The show Tosh.O is doing that for sure. Nothing new under the sun, though, we went through Richard Simmons years ago too.

As for me, there seems to be a dearth of information on the subject of homosexuality from the perspectives that interest me. Perhaps a new thread on that later.

It's more a matter of some sort of "oral/anal fixation", perhaps not that different from the "reason" many self-styled supposedly-learned internet-posters are compelled to write 1,000's of wordy posts about a myriad of currently-unresolved matters. (Not exactly the game-theory motto of, "Bring it to a toss-up when playing a much-better opponent.")

Being in any way "gay" is being abnormal, whether physical and/or pyschological in its manifestation. We don't see eg, half-dressed diabetics following in noisy parades decrying their own unfair treatment... because they at least now have the option of reasonable treatments.

The mind compensates for what the body lacks; and versa. We're all very good at "accepting what we can't change", but just as often in all the wrong ways.
Why bet at all, if you can be sure? Anyway, what constitutes a "good bet"? - The best slots-game in town; a sucker's edge; or some gray-area blackjack-stunts? (P.S. God doesn't even have to exist to be God.)
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
December 28th, 2010 at 4:40:07 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

Seems odd to me to go out of the way to subdivide people by distinctions that are irrelevant to the subject of the board.

While there may be a temptation to add "...yet" to what I'm about to say, I'll say it anyway:

Members are being asked a question, but nobody is being asked to identify their choice.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗

• Jump to: