Thread Rating:

JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 6th, 2010 at 10:59:21 AM permalink
Quote: avargov

The only thing we know for sure is that you are 2-3. The rest we have to take on faith.

Isn't it interesting how questions of truth always appear if the hated winner wins! Lose, and they all believe you; but WIN, and the only thing known for sure is the picks that were made. I call it the "MKL Syndrome". 100% pure envy, followed by 100% pure denial....
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
December 6th, 2010 at 11:07:11 AM permalink
Wrong. I personally don't care if you are winner or a loser. I can assure you that you may be the last person on earth that I would be envious of. I am merely stating that fact that you are 2-3 on your picks. The amounts of the wagers are conjecture, and as such, irrelevant.

If you are up $7000, good for you, that is about a fifth of your salary as a night and weekend coverage guy, unless of course you are the 'other' Jerry Logan working for JBH in the Phoenix area...
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 6th, 2010 at 11:13:52 AM permalink
Funny how we are doubting the hated winner when he lost. We should be believing him....
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 11:18:19 AM permalink

Wrong. I personally don't care if you are winner or a loser. I can assure you that you may be the last person on earth that I would be envious of. I am merely stating that fact that you are 2-3 on your picks. The amounts of the wagers are conjecture, and as such, irrelevant.

If you are up $7000, good for you, that is about a fifth of your salary as a night and weekend coverage guy, unless of course you are the 'other' Jerry Logan working for JBH in the Phoenix area...

"I call it the "MKL Syndrome". 100% pure envy, followed by 100% pure denial...."

Please elaborate on "a night & weekend coverage guy". Since I've made you feel small, maybe I can fire him!
avargov
avargov
December 6th, 2010 at 11:29:18 AM permalink
Ahhh Jerry, we both know what I'm talking about...and we both also know you won't be firing anyone....
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 12:22:50 PM permalink
You're really sore you made bad picks and lose overall aren't you. Ahhh Mr. anonymous, ahhhh......
avargov
avargov
December 6th, 2010 at 12:27:46 PM permalink
Nope Jerry, not at all, been posting picks on here for 14 weeks, win or lose...not sore at all.
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 6th, 2010 at 12:29:03 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Funny how we are doubting the hated winner when he lost. We should be believing him....

No, what we're doubting is the amounts he said that he bet. We have proof of his picks--he stated them forthrightly enough--but we have no proof of his bets.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 12:33:35 PM permalink

Nope Jerry, not at all, been posting picks on here for 14 weeks, win or lose...not sore at all.

100% pure denial - You won't admit this either, but you radiate it. And no one who expects to win picks all favorites, even MKL knows that. Why, how many intellectuals here didn't want to make you feel bad with that collection of losers, but held back?!
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 12:37:17 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

No, what we're doubting is the amounts he said that he bet. We have proof of his picks--he stated them forthrightly enough--but we have no proof of his bets.

100% pure envy....

Any doubts would have been presented prior to the games. It's only after the winning does the whining become an issue. BTW, where was it when I picked my 1st loser in week 5?

100% pure envy....

You see MKL, even though you're afraid to match up with me now that I helped you make such a big fool out of yourself, you remain as easy to tie to the whipping post as a fairy in a windstorm.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 6th, 2010 at 12:43:25 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

as easy to tie to the whipping post as a fairy in a windstorm.

I have seen the majority of animated fairy movies produced in the past ten years and have read dozens of books on fairies (repeatedly and aloud). Based on my deep knowledge of fairy lore, I can confidently assert that a fairy in a windstorm would be inordinately difficult to tie to a whipping post.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
avargov
avargov
December 6th, 2010 at 12:45:00 PM permalink
Perhaps there were many, however, they probably chose not to comment because I am non-abrasive and not a trouble maker.

And even though you feel my picks were bad, my favorite picks went 2-4, a little better than 0-2 I think.

And not only that, you are at 40%, I am at 42.2% for the season. So I guess that makes me a better football handicapper.

And, BTW Jerry, not everyone reacts the way you do to things. Perhaps your dear 'ole Dad could have taught you that as well in his infinite wisdom.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 6th, 2010 at 1:49:28 PM permalink

100% pure envy....

Any doubts would have been presented prior to the games. It's only after the winning does the whining become an issue. BTW, where was it when I picked my 1st loser in week 5?

Cos you weren't being a jerk about it in week 5... now you are being a jerk. A know-it all, arrogant jerk.

Something you claim to hate...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 2:55:40 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Cos you weren't being a jerk about it in week 5... now you are being a jerk. A know-it all, arrogant jerk.

Something you claim to hate...

I've got some warmed over gorgonzola cheese to go with all that whining.

Mathextremist: You don't know fairies like I do, and I didn't know them until I came here.
avargov: 100% PURE envy.
cesspit: I wasn't a "jerk" in week 5 because you saw I lost and could rest knowing "he lost". As soon as I won a big bet I'm a "jerk" and that's precisely when the jealousy began flowing.

You see, one need not have a glowing educational record in order to slap people upside the head and back into reality.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 6th, 2010 at 3:26:19 PM permalink

I've got some warmed over gorgonzola cheese to go with all that whining.

Mathextremist: You don't know fairies like I do, and I didn't know them until I came here.
avargov: 100% PURE envy.
cesspit: I wasn't a "jerk" in week 5 because you saw I lost and could rest knowing "he lost". As soon as I won a big bet I'm a "jerk" and that's precisely when the jealousy began flowing.

You see, one need not have a glowing educational record in order to slap people upside the head and back into reality.

I see you are confused. No you were a jerk BEFORE your bets were resolved. It's clear as day. If you'd been a jerk AFTER the fact, I'd probably not give two lug nuts.

But Mr Big Shot Trucking VP (*) had to crow how great his bets were going to be, how avargov would have been better following you, how much you'd made on 3 bets this years, and how this betting game is easy and you'll be gracing us with a Lock each week.

And just like the Arizona Offence, it didn't turn up, it melted away... but Mr Logan carried on all the same. You put your balls out there, and they got sliced off. Deal with it.

It seems you might need a glowing educational record in order to pass Basic Reading Comprehension 101, and a decent highschool to learn Humility 102 and Basic Manners (offered at most Kindergartens, perhaps you should head over there, and listen to some real whines)

(*) whatever your real job title is, I don't remember, I don't care.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
December 6th, 2010 at 3:31:25 PM permalink
If it means anything to anybody ...

* I'm more successful (make more money, hold higher position) than Jerry
* I'm better at picking football games (3-0)
* I can take him in a fight, probably within 4-5 seconds after first contact

Don't let him get to you. Jack-wagons like Jerry are everywhere, and they always talk big to make up for actual deficiencies. I suspect that's what's going on here.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 3:41:00 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

Don't let him get to you. Jack-wagons like Jerry are everywhere, and they always talk big to make up for actual deficiencies. I suspect that's what's going on here.

That means something to me. I'm about 6'5" and now 235. I know soccer is for wussies. And success is measured, at least in THIS country, by the size of one's dick. I win.
avargov
avargov
December 6th, 2010 at 4:00:03 PM permalink
Hey Mr. 6-5, big schlong guy, why don't you answer the phone. I am sure some trucker is calling in for you to dispatch him. Enjoy your 15 bucks an hour while you do it...oh yeah, and play with your customized model camaro, that should calm you down.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 6th, 2010 at 4:07:43 PM permalink

That means something to me. I'm about 6'5" and now 235. I know soccer is for wussies. And success is measured, at least in THIS country, by the size of one's dick. I win.

Didn't you spend lines and lines telling other people that success was the amount of money you make? Which is it? I think the "dick" comment was just more buffoonery. After I put you down, what will be the new measure of "success"?
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 6th, 2010 at 4:10:55 PM permalink

Hey Mr. 6-5, big schlong guy, why don't you answer the phone. I am sure some trucker is calling in for you to dispatch him. Enjoy your 15 bucks an hour while you do it...oh yeah, and play with your customized model camaro, that should calm you down.

Genital displays are frequent among primates seeking social status. When recognition is not forthcoming, they often screech, rattle the bars of their cages, and throw feces at those they perceive as their rivals.

Dart-throwing chimpanzees have scored an average of 50% when making football picks, however.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
avargov
avargov
December 6th, 2010 at 4:18:41 PM permalink
You know I read that Dart-Throwing Chimp study in Phil Steele's College Football Guide. Was quite an interesting read MKL. I thought they found that a savvy handicapper could expect to go at least 55% following the chimp tho????
avargov
avargov
December 6th, 2010 at 4:37:40 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

And you get your wish of an Orange Bowl berth...how lucky can one man be....
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 6th, 2010 at 6:16:27 PM permalink

You know I read that Dart-Throwing Chimp study in Phil Steele's College Football Guide. Was quite an interesting read MKL. I thought they found that a savvy handicapper could expect to go at least 55% following the chimp tho????

The first time they tried it, yes, the chimp scored well over 50%. He lost his touch later on, though, and wound up scoring not significantly better than 50% overall. He then swore (in Chimp) at the experimenters and called them all "girly men". Chimps can be so touchy when their football picks lose.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 9:50:01 PM permalink
Rarely does mention of a bigger-than-average sized penis on a forum of losers pretending to be winners, ever fail to draw responses that reflect the fear they have in even THINKING about the issue. And thank you avargov for previously TRYING so hard not to let everyone know how much you despise me by secretly reading all my posts several times while getting hot under the collar, and today FAILING to hold it all in as you just can't help yourself! Mashing people like you is at times, more satisfying than watching Europeans studder profusely as they do their best to show their jealous hatred of us even though they know we saved their asses several times over.

What a great country!
avargov
avargov
December 7th, 2010 at 6:14:48 AM permalink
Yes Jerry, you have 'mashed' me. So bad actually that I am currently forming a length of rope into a noose so I can end it all. I just can't take it anymore. To be so soundly beaten by a 5' 6'', 260 pound night dispatcher is just too much to take. A noose would be so much easier than to end up like you, Jerry, a bitter, fat, useless soul, who hates the world, because I got to see either Mommy or Daddy wither away and die a slow and painful death from years of smoking, only to be left alone to face the big, bad world. Such a shame that my life has fallen into this pit that I know I will never crawl out of.

...just pull this end though there and it will be just perfect....

One last request Jerry, I know you red-blooded Americans love those (the same type of American I am), think of me fondly today as you are making that $15 an hour answering the phone and responding to Qualcomm mesages. It's noble work you do helping out truck drivers.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 7th, 2010 at 6:48:31 AM permalink

I think there's little doubt that Jerry is the biggest dick on the forum, but I'm not sure at all that Americans measure their success by how big a dick they are.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 7th, 2010 at 6:53:22 AM permalink
This thread was getting too nasty so I split off the above posts to the Free Speech Zone.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 7th, 2010 at 6:55:34 AM permalink

And you get your wish of an Orange Bowl berth...how lucky can one man be....

Well, I would have preferred the Rose Bowl but Miami at New Years is going to be pretty fun. Two silver linings:

1. I have been a big TCU fan since childhood and got an offer to play for them (childhood dream) but I couldn't turn down Stanford. We have a long family history there (grandmother graduated with first class that included women, great-granddad helped bring the divinity school there from Waco, 4-5 other family members and countless friends graduated from there, love going to games, looking forward to Big East basketball teams visiting) and I do want to see them do well. Funny how the BCS caused my two greatest allegiances to conflict ...

2. Miami at New Years! Should be lots of fun, I asked this girl to go with me, a friend-with-benefits, so if that works out, there should be lots of good times!

You know what they say: "when life gives you oranges ..."
ElectricDreams
ElectricDreams
  • Threads: 4
December 7th, 2010 at 9:05:50 AM permalink

Okay, this is off topic, but I can't really even describe how hilarious it is that JerryLogan has to resort to claiming his dick is the biggest in all the land to win arguments and prove he's better than all us sissies here on the forum.
  • Jump to: