Thread Rating:

JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 3rd, 2010 at 7:13:08 AM permalink
This week whoever likes money will follow these 2 picks, and I’ve already put $1000 on each. I got the impression this is a very difficult week to make a choice until one game (St. L.@ Az.) really popped out at me for several reasons: And I’m not betting on this game because it’s my home state. That’s dumb.

Bet the OVER 43/Bet Az. +3.5 (I got both @ -110). No money line bets for me, I’m not experienced enough for that yet.

The Cardinal’s QB is a chump, that’s for sure. I don’t have any data to support this, but I seem to remember that whenever most QB’s go through a rant like that they do well the very next game. Plus he’s playing at home, they’ll likely score more points than normal, and their defense stinks to boot. But the Rams, although on tap to score a bundle with their gunslinger QB, won’t be able to keep up with the home team in points.

Oh, to my critics I am 2-1. I did lose my 1st pick this year, a $1000 bet because I didn’t cover but my team did win. The 2 wins were $10,000 & $1500. How’s dem apples taste?

Now to this suspension stuff. In the stupid “me or Jerry” thread it’s like watching a bunch of old ladies whine about this or whine about that. “Gee, who wants to read about shaving legs in Oregon?” yet how many threads show up with “waa…waa…how do I handle this situation with my girlfriend?” or “how do I use a camera or commit suicide?” Wise up. You act like being able to post is the end-all in uneventful lives. When I’m out it’s the same as if I have to go to Arkansas for a plant visit or go on vacation. I can live without it, as I did for over 40 years before joining. Like Charles Barkely, I don’t have any issues with consequences or rules. In-between my posting, I’m involved with what’s called a JOB & a LIFE.

I deal with drivers, dispatchers, warehouse managers, distribution centers, food storage facilities, repair shops, etc. etc. & even law enforcement at times…….and not school children, white collar clients, volunteers, financial advisors, engineers, clothes designers or ballerinas. And I don’t eat quiche, nibble on hors d'œuvres, or sip white wine. I may not be as intellectually gifted as many here, and I’m definitely not into the math as 90% of you seem to be. But I’m probably more successful than most members, and it’s because I speak my mind, I don’t put up with weakness, I don’t appreciate profanity-filled discussions or rants, and I live my life as reality instead of via the theoretical route.

So if you can’t stomach that which I write, remove it from your eyes. While I believe only sissies would do that, this is the Internet people, and if you don’t like something just step away from the computer and the feeling will pass. The “feud” between mkl & myself happened because I’m good at spotting a know-it-all BS’er who makes it up on the go. I have drivers trying that all the time with me and they rarely get away with it. Naturally he despises being exposed because the Internet is his entire life’s entertainment and he MUST appear credible in front of the masses. I gave him a shoe up the butt, and he whimpers like a big baby. Then he uses vulgarity. I’d slap him silly if he were here.

I’m back but is he coming back? Well, is he the type person you’d think would ever do what he says he’s going to do?

My wife is 5'2" and does not have long legs.

Good luck with this week’s games. JL
Martin
Martin
  • Threads: 8
December 3rd, 2010 at 7:53:47 AM permalink
I think that's a fair bet. If you think the Cards can win this game outright then the money line bet of 155 to 100 would be a better bet than taking the points. But take it slow and learn the method - it takes a bit to understand the process.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 3rd, 2010 at 8:07:22 AM permalink
I made a small bet on Ariz money line at +171 two days ago. JL, may I ask why you aren't doing a parlay?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 3rd, 2010 at 8:14:00 AM permalink
Probably because I don't know much about parlays. Don't you need at least 3 bets for those?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 3rd, 2010 at 8:22:35 AM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

Probably because I don't know much about parlays. Don't you need at least 3 bets for those?

Nope. Most places pay 2.6 for a 2-team parlay. Jerry's Nugget pays 2.7. If you think these bets are likely to win for the same reason then you should at least perceive a better value on a parlay.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 3rd, 2010 at 8:35:45 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Nope. Most places pay 2.6 for a 2-team parlay. Jerry's Nugget pays 2.7. If you think these bets are likely to win for the same reason then you should at least perceive a better value on a parlay.

Another lesson learned. Thanks! (But my LV friend isn't about to go inside the Nugget, he's already in a wheelchair)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 3rd, 2010 at 8:51:37 AM permalink

(But my LV friend isn't about to go inside the Nugget, he's already in a wheelchair)

He would not stick out at Jerry's Nugget in a wheelchair, trust me. The clientele are not exactly the most able-bodied people. And where is your loyalty not supporting someplace called Jerry's?
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 3rd, 2010 at 8:55:24 AM permalink
That's why I call it "the Nugget" while leaving my name out of it! I went in there once, after staying up all night and drinking heavily. I was the healthiest looking person in the joint. My friend lives across from the South Point.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 3rd, 2010 at 9:20:41 AM permalink

This week whoever likes money will follow these 2 picks, and I’ve already put $1000 on each. I got the impression this is a very difficult week to make a choice until one game (St. L.@ Az.) really popped out at me for several reasons: And I’m not betting on this game because it’s my home state. That’s dumb.

Bet the OVER 43/Bet Az. +3.5 (I got both @ -110). No money line bets for me, I’m not experienced enough for that yet.

Less a case of experience and more a case of learning the particular bets. Wish I had the sports betting 101 page I read a few years back when I was trying to work out what all the lines -meant-, I'd pass it on. Took about 30 minutes to learn. Now deciding if you want to bet the Money Line or the Points and which is the better value... now that's the bit that takes time.

Quote:

The Cardinal’s QB is a chump, that’s for sure. I don’t have any data to support this, but I seem to remember that whenever most QB’s go through a rant like that they do well the very next game. Plus he’s playing at home, they’ll likely score more points than normal, and their defense stinks to boot. But the Rams, although on tap to score a bundle with their gunslinger QB, won’t be able to keep up with the home team in points.

Oh, to my critics I am 2-1. I did lose my 1st pick this year, a $1000 bet because I didn’t cover but my team did win. The 2 wins were $10,000 & $1500. How’s dem apples taste?

It's not being YOUR critic, just a simple statement of fact. Your a result orientated guy. The results are all that matter. And as it is you're up $10,500. Anyone flat betting would be up too.

It doesn't matter if the team won or not, with a -7 line, they were expected to win. They just didn't cover the bet you made. 2-1 is far better than my results so far this year. Good luck this week, I don't think you'll hit them both, but I never bet the Over/Under as I am REALLY bad at it. Far worse than the points.

And as for the rest of your post ; TL:DR (too long, didn't read) :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
RonDiaz
RonDiaz
  • Threads: 4
December 3rd, 2010 at 9:24:16 AM permalink
Alright I am coming along for JL's locks with whopping $10 bets on each and a $10 parlay on my Bodog account. Big money no whammy.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
December 3rd, 2010 at 9:37:54 AM permalink

Now to this suspension stuff. In the stupid “me or Jerry” thread it’s like watching a bunch of old ladies whine about this or whine about that. “Gee, who wants to read about shaving legs in Oregon?” yet how many threads show up with “waa…waa…how do I handle this situation with my girlfriend?” or “how do I use a camera or commit suicide?” Wise up. You act like being able to post is the end-all in uneventful lives. When I’m out it’s the same as if I have to go to Arkansas for a plant visit or go on vacation. I can live without it, as I did for over 40 years before joining. Like Charles Barkely, I don’t have any issues with consequences or rules. In-between my posting, I’m involved with what’s called a JOB & a LIFE.

I don't think any of us think this place is the be-all-end-all, and I'm pretty sure we all have lives. To me, that just comes across as a rationalization for your bad behavior; in other words, we either tolerate you and MKL, or we don't have any sense of perspective.

I disagree. I think the reason why we post here is because it's fun, informative, and there seems to be an overall good spirit ... not because our lives are so destitute and lonely that there's absolutely, positively nowhere else for us to go.

I think we talk about it a lot because a) it's hard to believe that two grown men see this board as so important that they have to have multiple pissing contests, b) it's disruptive to what I think we perceive as the overall purpose and spirit of the board, and c) it happens with such frequency and vitriol that it's hard to ignore and readily noticed when it's NOT happening.

If you think a) is wrong, fine, stop having pissing contests and then I'll change my opinion.

I deal with drivers, dispatchers, warehouse managers, distribution centers, food storage facilities, repair shops, etc. etc. & even law enforcement at times…….and not school children, white collar clients, volunteers, financial advisors, engineers, clothes designers or ballerinas. And I don’t eat quiche, nibble on hors d'œuvres, or sip white wine. I may not be as intellectually gifted as many here, and I’m definitely not into the math as 90% of you seem to be. But I’m probably more successful than most members, and it’s because I speak my mind, I don’t put up with weakness, I don’t appreciate profanity-filled discussions or rants, and I live my life as reality instead of via the theoretical route.

I don't think anyone doubts your credentials or the pressures of your job or the skills needed to perform that job. And, we don't doubt that you have certain "buttons" that may cause you to react or that there are things you don't appreciate. We all have "buttons" and we all have things we don't appreciate.

BUT ... we all don't fight like little children on an internet forum like you and MKL do. That doesn't mean that we fail to live in reality. It means that we are able to just drop it, or deal with our "buttons" and not-appreciated-things in ways that don't disrupt the board. Just because His Majesty All-Important-JerryLogan doesn't appreciate something doesn't mean you get to disrupt the board. Instead, YOU have to deal with those things in mature, adult ways that don't disrupt.

Personally, I think acting like and adult and handling your own issues outside this board so that is not too much to ask.

So if you can’t stomach that which I write, remove it from your eyes. While I believe only sissies would do that, this is the Internet people, and if you don’t like something just step away from the computer and the feeling will pass. The “feud” between mkl & myself happened because I’m good at spotting a know-it-all BS’er who makes it up on the go. I have drivers trying that all the time with me and they rarely get away with it. Naturally he despises being exposed because the Internet is his entire life’s entertainment and he MUST appear credible in front of the masses. I gave him a shoe up the butt, and he whimpers like a big baby. Then he uses vulgarity. I’d slap him silly if he were here.

I think "remove it from your eyes" and "if you don't like something just step away from the computer and the feeling will pass" is great advice that you should probably practice on yourself. I don't think people give much credibility to that advice coming from you, seeing as how you have not shown the ability to follow it.

We're all good at detecting know-it-all BSers, you don't have a monopoly on that, and we don't need your help to do it. It's just that we deal with it in ways that ... yes ... don't disrupt the board. For example, I'm sure many of us "remove it from your eyes" and "if you don't like something just step away from the computer and the feeling will pass." Personally, I wish you would try this.

My $0.02.
matilda
matilda
  • Threads: 3
December 3rd, 2010 at 10:39:37 AM permalink

I’m back but is he coming back? Well, is he the type person you’d think would ever do what he says he’s going to do?

My wife is 5'2" and does not have long legs.

Good luck with this week’s games. JL

This post is in violation of the board rules. Specifically, #1 personal insult when speaking of mkl, and #7 highjacking.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 3rd, 2010 at 10:53:16 AM permalink
I moved this whole thread to the Free Speech Zone, because of the personal insults in the opening post. It is also bad form to address the pick and the commentary on the suspension in the same post. Consider this a warning to keep the personal insults confined to the FSZ.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
December 3rd, 2010 at 10:54:01 AM permalink
I like the over and I don't like AZ + 3.5.

I've disagreed with both of JL's locks so far. So if that continues, then bet the under and take the Cardinals.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 3rd, 2010 at 12:07:18 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I like the over and I don't like AZ + 3.5.

I've disagreed with both of JL's locks so far. So if that continues, then bet the under and take the Cardinals.

So because I won the 2 games, you disagreed with them, you're betting the opposite of my picks now? How does that makes any sense?
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
December 3rd, 2010 at 12:10:01 PM permalink
Jerry, you didn't read my post carefully in two ways.

1. I agreed with you about the over. So I'm not betting opposite your picks.
2. I've disagreed with you twice and been wrong twice, so I'm suggesting that people do the opposite of what I say.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 3rd, 2010 at 12:17:52 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

I don't think any of us think this place is the be-all-end-all, and I'm pretty sure we all have lives. To me, that just comes across as a rationalization for your bad behavior; in other words, we either tolerate you and MKL, or we don't have any sense of perspective.

If you think a) is wrong, fine, stop having pissing contests and then I'll change my opinion.

BUT ... we all don't fight like little children on an internet forum like you and MKL do. That doesn't mean that we fail to live in reality. It means that we are able to just drop it, or deal with our "buttons" and not-appreciated-things in ways that don't disrupt the board. Just because His Majesty All-Important-JerryLogan doesn't appreciate something doesn't mean you get to disrupt the board. Instead, YOU have to deal with those things in mature, adult ways that don't disrupt.

I think "remove it from your eyes" and "if you don't like something just step away from the computer and the feeling will pass" is great advice that you should probably practice on yourself. I don't think people give much credibility to that advice coming from you, seeing as how you have not shown the ability to follow it.

We're all good at detecting know-it-all BSers, you don't have a monopoly on that, and we don't need your help to do it. It's just that we deal with it in ways that ... yes ... don't disrupt the board. For example, I'm sure many of us "remove it from your eyes" and "if you don't like something just step away from the computer and the feeling will pass." Personally, I wish you would try this.

1. You missed the opined point. I can handle suspension. Most of you couldn't. That is deduced from the plethora of pointless comments made about me in my absence.

2. Your opinion of me is irrelevant inasmuch as what I do and say.

3. I deal with my issues in ways that have proven effective to ME the most in the past. Whether it's arguing with a warehous manager, a truck driver or an anonymous poster, it matters not.

4. I didn't come here to close my eyes to certain posts and fear others. In my opinion that's just bad advice and is a cowardly way to approach things.

5. Saying "we're all good at detecting BS'ers" is easy to do when you don't practice what you preach. Again, I don't live in expectation or theory. I act. As the saying goes and as my dad taught me years ago, what you see is what you get.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 3rd, 2010 at 12:22:59 PM permalink
:headdesk:

So if you can’t stomach that which I write, remove it from your eyes. While I believe only sissies would do that, this is the Internet people, and if you don’t like something just step away from the computer and the feeling will pass.

4. I didn't come here to close my eyes to certain posts and fear others. In my opinion that's just bad advice and is a cowardly way to approach things.

JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 3rd, 2010 at 12:27:35 PM permalink

:headdesk:

Is that a response I'm suppose to recognize??
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 3rd, 2010 at 12:29:31 PM permalink

Is that a response I'm suppose to recognize??

2. Your opinion of me is irrelevant inasmuch as what I do and say.

JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 3rd, 2010 at 12:38:22 PM permalink

I'm still missing the point. Remember how I'm not an intellectual?
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 5th, 2010 at 4:14:08 PM permalink
St. Louis 19. Arizona 6. Hmmmm.

Looks like the Stone Cold Locks are now 2 and 3--40 percent. Not much reason to brag. Even worse than playing 6/5 Bonus Poker.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 5th, 2010 at 5:57:25 PM permalink
Jerry, your penance on 0-2 today is three Act of Contritions and 40 push-ups.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
December 5th, 2010 at 7:12:49 PM permalink
Can I be penalized some pushups too? I need to workout.

Oh well. STONE COLD LOCK.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 5th, 2010 at 9:22:08 PM permalink
Well, not only did I stink it up today, my home team blew.

I knew MKL would crawl out of his slot to jump on it, so I'll take this opportunity to remind him that while I am 2-3, my 3 losses have all been $1000 bets; my 2 wins? $1500 & $10,000. Plus, being a short term winner at this in 2010 I am now quitting for the year since I got the old beatdown today. I've withdrawn my on-line funds and have told my friend in LV that if I ask him to place any further bets this season through to the Super Bowl and transfer the money to him, he's to keep it for himself and not make the bet. I don't think I'm a degenerate sportsbettor but you never know.

I surrounded the Act of Contrition with 4 Hail Marys.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 5th, 2010 at 9:58:10 PM permalink
2-3 is not so far of the norm if you were even a 66% picker, you know. I would have been happy to see anyone start batting 66% or better (and there are folks who do) who also puts there own money behind their picks and explains them.

However, don't act like Scott Ferrell until you've brought home the bacon.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 5th, 2010 at 10:31:28 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

2-3 is not so far of the norm if you were even a 66% picker, you know. I would have been happy to see anyone start batting 66% or better (and there are folks who do) who also puts there own money behind their picks and explains them.

That's where you're confused. It's never the record that counts. If I started off by saying that I'm betting X amount of units and my unit is $100, I'd be so high up in percentage that Mother Teresa herself couldn't say enough prayers to bring it down.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 5th, 2010 at 11:08:32 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Well, you knew his next apologia would be that he bet 40 squiilion dollars on his winners, but only three cents on his losers, so he's still a genius and a beeeeeeg winner to boot.

There was a fairly famous fraud quite a few years back, who published his "Sure-Fire Locks" every week in a Vegas gaming rag. He went 2-12 one year and claimed that he was ahead even so, because the two wins were his "Super Duper ABSOLUTE Locks", and he bet ten times as much on them as his other picks. So this drivel isn't even original.

A chimpanzee throwing darts at a football betting sheet would have a record better than 2-3 over half the time.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 5th, 2010 at 11:58:04 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

Well, you knew his next apologia would be that he bet 40 squiilion dollars on his winners, but only three cents on his losers, so he's still a genius and a beeeeeeg winner to boot.

There was a fairly famous fraud quite a few years back, who published his "Sure-Fire Locks" every week in a Vegas gaming rag. He went 2-12 one year and claimed that he was ahead even so, because the two wins were his "Super Duper ABSOLUTE Locks", and he bet ten times as much on them as his other picks. So this drivel isn't even original.

A chimpanzee throwing darts at a football betting sheet would have a record better than 2-3 over half the time.

Even when you don't say it MKL, you do: You want to respond to me, but because you made such a ginormous fool of yourself in your "blaze of phoney glory" post, you're waiting until I bait you into it again!

I can live with that.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 6th, 2010 at 12:18:46 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Can I be penalized some pushups too? I need to workout.

Oh well. STONE COLD LOCK.

The chimp misses every so often...and he probably enjoys doing pushups.

What is possibly being lost in the shuffle is the fact that you could have scored a cool 60% by betting AGAINST the chimp. Perhaps there will be some Stone Cold Locks available for Week 14...?
  • Jump to: