Thread Rating:

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
December 31st, 2018 at 8:20:16 AM permalink
First, welcome to the forum VictoriaLV. This forum has the usual mix of male personalities - ranging from wonderful people to guys whose brains don't work because all their blood has gone south.

Second, to the moderators -if ever there was a reason to relax the limitation on "posts per day" by newbies then this is it. @FreeVictoriaLV.

Also, I was tempted to suggest a VictoriaLV's Corner thread, but I think the mental image of "VictoriaLV's Corner" will stimulate all the one-handed typists into a frenzy of power strokes. So maybe, NO.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
December 31st, 2018 at 9:16:20 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

First, welcome to the forum VictoriaLV. This forum has the usual mix of male personalities - ranging from wonderful people to guys whose brains don't work because all their blood has gone south.

Might have been VLV's mischievous intention.
Quote:

Second, to the moderators -if ever there was a reason to relax the limitation on "posts per day" by newbies then this is it. @FreeVictoriaLV.

Posting limits are very seldom enforced by the mods. I don't think they are programaically enforced either.
Quote:

Also, I was tempted to suggest a VictoriaLV's Corner thread, but I think the mental image of "VictoriaLV's Corner" will stimulate all the one-handed typists into a frenzy of power strokes. So maybe, NO.

Heaven forbid. Next we'll have premium rate private booths.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 31st, 2018 at 11:25:12 AM permalink
Posting limits are a pre-programmed sub-routine. We have no control over them, can't override or relax them.

It was added after I joined, so I'm not 100% sure this is correct, but:

I think people are told in the sign-up their posting will be limited.

I think it's 10 posts your first day, then 11 the next, 12 the third, etc. for a certain number of days or total posts.

I know a new member has to have 20 posts before links will work. I'm not sure when the posting limit per day is up.

After a new member reaches their posting limit for that day, i think a pop-up tells them they're done on the 11th post (or one beyond their current limit) and to return tomorrow.

I know it's spam protection and anti- DOS attack, but this isn't the first account I've wished i could override the limit. It seems a pain not worth the tool. I could be wrong, and it might be saving me all kinds of moderator grief without me knowing it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
December 31st, 2018 at 3:54:08 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I know it's spam protection and anti- DOS attack, but this isn't the first account I've wished i could override the limit. It seems a pain not worth the tool. I could be wrong, and it might be saving me all kinds of moderator grief without me knowing it.

Perhaps it was before your time, but we used to get attacked by bots making hundreds of spam posts. I think the current rule is reasonable. It might be nice to be able to override it, but we can't.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 31st, 2018 at 7:22:44 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

With this kind of welcome, no wonder so few women stick around here.

Only the facts, she lasted here from December 26th to December 26th, and I posted on December 27th. If she were to be here now, she would agree with me, but look at her outlook positively.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: