• Threads: 373
October 8th, 2012 at 11:59:06 AM permalink
Self-explanatory question.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 8th, 2012 at 12:13:19 PM permalink
Self-explanatory? I don't know...How do I choose between screwed and more screwed? I suppose there's only 1 answer (either #2 or #3) that must be left off in any given response...:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 8th, 2012 at 12:16:27 PM permalink
I only voted so there was a nice rainbow of colours.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 8th, 2012 at 12:23:12 PM permalink
It may depend on how many Supreme Court justices leave the court in the next four years
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
October 8th, 2012 at 12:23:52 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I only voted so there was a nice rainbow of colours.

You forgot "Dictator Pink" so I added it!
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 8th, 2012 at 12:24:49 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

You forgot "Dictator Pink" so I added it!

I could only vote once :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
October 8th, 2012 at 12:25:35 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I could only vote once :)

We need to move to Chicago, huh? :D
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
October 8th, 2012 at 7:39:00 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Self-explanatory? I don't know...How do I choose between screwed and more screwed? I suppose there's only 1 answer (either #2 or #3) that must be left off in any given response...:-)

Really... +2 on that. I chose the purple answer, because we're royally screwed either way. ;o)
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Nareed
Nareed
October 9th, 2012 at 7:23:26 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Self-explanatory?

That would mean the question explains itself, which I grant may not be the case here. So I'll switch to "It requires no explanation."

Better?

Quote:

I don't know...How do I choose between screwed and more screwed?

That's up to you. My service ends with providing an honest appraisal of the election's results: We're screwed regardless of who wins.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
October 9th, 2012 at 8:10:14 AM permalink
The poll question that really needs to be asked: What are you more looking forward to getting past, and on with your life: 1) Hot Blonde weigh in or 2) Presidential election.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 9th, 2012 at 8:36:16 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

The poll question that really needs to be asked: What are you more looking forward to getting past, and on with your life: 1) Hot Blonde weigh in or 2) Presidential election.

It's possible to avoid the HB mess, the election is pervasive. I can't drive through town, read the paper, watch TV, shop, or even gamble without having to see/hear about it. Plus, there's another election in 2 years. Unless something really odd happens with HB, I doubt we'll see another saga there in 2 years.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 9th, 2012 at 8:37:56 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

No chance at all that the election will be nude, so lets go for the weigh in.
Nareed
Nareed
October 9th, 2012 at 3:53:03 PM permalink
This would be the best case I've read about for Romney:

http://www.tracinskiletter.com/2012/10/economic-case-for-romney/

But I'm not sure I believe it. Oh, the facts are all there, but I'm not sure Romney will undertake what needs to be done. And Ryan is only the VP at best.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
October 9th, 2012 at 4:22:09 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

It may depend on how many Supreme Court justices leave the court in the next four years

It's a pretty sad state of our country when the courts have this much power.

The death of one liberal justice could get Roe v. Wade overturned. Since Roberts, aka Judas, and Kennedy aren't sure votes it might take a two vote turn. It wouldn't make a huge difference in society these days (states like Mississippi have all but legislated abortion clinics out of existence), but it's a victory the pro-life community would relish.

All in all, any turn of the supreme court would probably make a larger difference than the turn of any one of the presidency, senate, or house.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 9th, 2012 at 5:03:58 PM permalink
There is little difference between the political parties, most of the budget is fixed, prior obligations, all politicians cater to special interest groups to get elected and stay elected ... ain't nuttin' ever gonna change.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
October 9th, 2012 at 5:25:03 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

There is little difference between the political parties, most of the budget is fixed, prior obligations, all politicians cater to special interest groups to get elected and stay elected ... ain't nuttin' ever gonna change.

I usually refrain from commenting, but Flea , you leave me no choice.

You forgot to add " AMEN "
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
October 9th, 2012 at 8:32:15 PM permalink
The Chinese century is coming...
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Nareed
Nareed
October 9th, 2012 at 8:35:47 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

Yup. But we have to get through the Japanese Century first (remember Japan?)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 9th, 2012 at 10:04:40 PM permalink

Not even close. China is nearing demographic decline and China is still very poor once you get away from the coasts. Add in that China has less than the best sea access, what with Japan and all the US Navy bases there. Finally, China has an economy based mainly on selling cheap goods into the USA. Without that, China has a trade deficit.

As to the poll, please accept my write-in "WHO IS JOHN GALT?"
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
October 10th, 2012 at 2:54:34 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Not even close. China is nearing demographic decline and China is still very poor once you get away from the coasts. Add in that China has less than the best sea access, what with Japan and all the US Navy bases there. Finally, China has an economy based mainly on selling cheap goods into the USA. Without that, China has a trade deficit.

As to the poll, please accept my write-in "WHO IS JOHN GALT?"

And yet their GDP is projected to surpass the US by almost 20% within 15 years.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 10th, 2012 at 6:43:48 AM permalink

And yet their GDP is projected to surpass the US by almost 20% within 15 years.

First, such predictions assume that China will keep growing in a straight line with no major corrections. The history of growing economies, espically Asian ones, shows there will be at least one major correction in the near future. An aging population will mean China will be less productive in just 10 years. The US market will not be able to keep absorbing more and more Chinese goods, alone that will slow their growth. Then there is the law of large numbers, 7% of 5 trillion is harder to grow than 7% of 1 trillion.

Even when this happens, China will still be a fairly poor population with a very, very poor interior.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
October 10th, 2012 at 6:55:51 AM permalink
I voted it doesn't matter, we're screwed. According to the Peter Principal the most incompetent candidate will win. Should be a close race!
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
NickyDim
NickyDim
October 10th, 2012 at 10:32:01 AM permalink
Didn't really know where to put this, didn't want to start a new thread.

Wynn's interview on Ralston Reports ...

Quote: Steve Wynn

WYNN: I've created about 250,000 direct and indirect jobs according to the state of Nevada's measurement. If the number is 250,000, that's exactly 250,000 more than this president, who I'll be damned if I want to have him lecture me about small business and jobs. I'm a job creator. Guys like me are job creators and we don't like having a bulls-eye painted on our back.

The president is trying to put himself between me and my employees. By class warfare, by deprecating and calling a group that makes money 'billionaires and millionaires who don't pay their share.' I gave 120% of my salary and bonus away last year to charities, as I do most years. I can't stand the idea of being demagogued, that is put down by a president who has never created any jobs and who doesn't even understand how the economy works."

Wynn on a scrapped business plan: "I'm afraid of the president. I have no idea what goofy idea, what crazy, anti-business program this administration will come up. I have no idea. And I have to tell you Jon that every business guy I know in the country is frightened of Barack Obama and the way he thinks."

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
October 10th, 2012 at 10:33:31 AM permalink
Quote: NickyDim

Didn't really know where to put this, didn't want to start a new thread.

Wynn's interview on Ralston Reports ...

Yeah great - minimum wage jobs just what the new serfs in America need!!!
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 10th, 2012 at 11:04:38 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Even when this happens, China will still be a fairly poor population with a very, very poor interior.

So why is Romney obsessed with standing up to China? It's like he's stuck in 1989. Russia is our greatest threat, we need to be tough with China. Honestly, I'm not sure that Obama is the candidate to whom the "back in the USSR" criticism should be directed. He's not the one who thinks the USSR still exists...
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
February 4th, 2013 at 3:51:31 PM permalink
It only makes a difference if there is one party rule for a long time. If not then they do pretty much what they want.
I am a robot.
helgeklinger
helgeklinger
  • Threads: 0
May 16th, 2017 at 7:38:54 PM permalink
WE ARE SCREWED IN ANY OF THAT
MagnusBjuvman12
MagnusBjuvman12
  • Threads: 0
May 18th, 2017 at 1:50:23 AM permalink
We're screwed either way
  • Jump to: