Chereya
Chereya
  • Threads: 10
March 6th, 2016 at 10:31:15 AM permalink
I booked my Encore rooms for $109 per night and got an auto email for the E-Standby offer of $100 for the Tower Suite upgrade. It comes with 2 in-room breakfasts (not sure what the max $ value of this could be) and the resort fee is waived (almost $36 value). Debating whether I should go for this or not. Would essentially be booking a Tower Suite for $209 per night but I've never really looked at what the standard cost of the Tower Suites were to begin with. Last trip I emailed weeks before check in and was granted a complimentary Panoramic view so I didn't inquire about a complimentary TS upgrade. Not sure how easy or hard that might be to receive? Should I go for the TS at $100 more per night or stick with my standard room and try for a comp upgrade at check in?
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
March 6th, 2016 at 11:03:25 AM permalink
Comp upgrade is the way I would approach it
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 6th, 2016 at 11:15:55 AM permalink
You are getting $50 worth of stuff that you would probably buy anyways so the question should be, do I want to spend the extra $50 on the upgrade. Personally for me I would pass but we all have our own opinions and taste.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder 
  • Threads: 26
March 6th, 2016 at 12:04:53 PM permalink
Upgrades are nice and I will never turn one down when it is comped but I also would never pay for an upgrade. Maybe I'm boring but a comfy bed and a shower is all I need. A few extra feet of room to me is silly but not to others. It's all preference I guess. I don't spend enough time in the room to worry about extra space.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 79
March 6th, 2016 at 12:15:25 PM permalink
A few years back, while we were checking in, the Wynn front desk person offered us an upgraded room -- a Wynn Panoramic King instead of a regular King room for $25 a night. My wife, feeling good about being on vacation, said sure what the heck. It ended up being just the exact same room as we've had many times before, but on a higher floor. Hardly worth $25 a night.

I understand the Tower Suites for both Wynn and Encore have their own entrance and elevators, but the King rooms are largely the same. To really see a difference, you would probably have to get a corner King, a Salon or Parlor Suite, or one of those Fairway Villas. 8-)

When I look at my rate calendar, I don't get offers for the Encore Tower Suite King. It just lists the regular rate and that's between $300-$400 per night depending on the night of the week.

--helpmespock
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 6th, 2016 at 1:12:44 PM permalink
It's. Nicer when you have multiple hookers up there though to have the extra space
Chereya
Chereya
  • Threads: 10
March 6th, 2016 at 4:02:58 PM permalink
Quote: helpmespock

A few years back, while we were checking in, the Wynn front desk person offered us an upgraded room -- a Wynn Panoramic King instead of a regular King room for $25 a night. My wife, feeling good about being on vacation, said sure what the heck. It ended up being just the exact same room as we've had many times before, but on a higher floor. Hardly worth $25 a night.
--helpmespock

I agree that at Wynn/Encore the semantics of the label "panoramic" are highly misleading as the only difference is the floor #. :/ I did get a "free" Panoramic upgrade last time and agree that I wouldn't pay an extra $25 per night for the view perk. I believe that the Encore was built so that every suite, standard and tower, is the exact same layout and square footage. The tower suites are all on the upper floors. Besides the monetary perks of breakfast and resort fee, the non monetary perks are access to a more exclusive pool area, separate elevators and a separate porte cocher (my french stinks, did I spell that right?).

Panoramic designations at Vdara and Delano are much more accurate with expansive wrap around windows.
helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 79
March 6th, 2016 at 7:03:09 PM permalink
Quote: Chereya

Besides the monetary perks of breakfast and resort fee, the non monetary perks are access to a more exclusive pool area, separate elevators and a separate porte cocher (my french stinks, did I spell that right?).

Panoramic designations at Vdara and Delano are much more accurate with expansive wrap around windows.

You might get a set of show tickets to Showstoppers too. You'd have to ask about those though.

As for your French, you're asking the wrong person even though I'm Canadian. I took school French only until grade 10 and was never very good. Now my son who's at McGill in Montreal could probably help you out, but he just went back today as his Reading Week just finished.

--helpmespock
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 8th, 2016 at 9:28:29 AM permalink
You were very very close. porte cochere (I don't know how to put accents on the e's here).

Cool deal on the upgrade. To me, it would matter where the Tower comes out on the ground floor vs. what you booked. Lotta real estate to walk there.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 8th, 2016 at 9:31:06 AM permalink
Also taxes on the upgrade
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
March 8th, 2016 at 12:07:35 PM permalink
Quote: Chereya

I booked my Encore rooms for $109 per night and got an auto email for the E-Standby offer of $100 for the Tower Suite upgrade. It comes with 2 in-room breakfasts (not sure what the max $ value of this could be) and the resort fee is waived (almost $36 value). Debating whether I should go for this or not. Would essentially be booking a Tower Suite for $209 per night but I've never really looked at what the standard cost of the Tower Suites were to begin with. Last trip I emailed weeks before check in and was granted a complimentary Panoramic view so I didn't inquire about a complimentary TS upgrade. Not sure how easy or hard that might be to receive? Should I go for the TS at $100 more per night or stick with my standard room and try for a comp upgrade at check in?

The "Tower Suite" rooms are quite nice. The room I stayed in had a floor to ceiling window. the window area was curved since the building is an arc. That was kind of odd. It included a sitting area that was separated from the bed by a divider that also contained the flat screen tv on a swivel, so you could swing it around to watch it from the bed or from the sitting area. I didn't spend a lot of time in the room, so if it were me, I would recommend turning down the added cost. I recall that some folks have previously complained about the noise from the outdoor dance club at the foot of the tower, but I didn't notice it when I was there. Maybe it is only on that side of the tower.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: