dlevinelaw
dlevinelaw
  • Threads: 15
August 10th, 2011 at 7:02:20 AM permalink
Just got back from a Vegas wedding at the Tropicana (separate post/article to follow, when I have a bit more time), followed by a honeymoon in Hawaii.

The entire wedding was at the Trop, which looks fantastic these days. The renovation extended to the blackjack table rules (the only 6-5 game is one single deck table, open only upon request only in the high limit room), the rooms, restaurants, and staff. Everyone had an amazing time. Will follow-up soon, but cannot recommend this place enough.

Anyway: Trop has two sets of rules in the high limit room:

6-Deck, DAS, RSA (4 times), surrender, S17: showing .26% on calculator. They have 2 of these tables, only open at night, usually at $25 during the week, and at $50-100 during the weekend.

They also have a fantastic double-deck game: 2 decks: DAS, S17, no RSA, no surrender: showing .17%. Limits $50-100 at all times. They did lower to $50 from $100 when I asked on a Saturday night, as nobody was playing.

I thoroughly enjoyed these games, and though I don't count, all dealers and floor personnel were quite friendly.
DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
August 10th, 2011 at 8:38:44 AM permalink
good game , will add to my list !!!
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
ihate17
ihate17
  • Threads: 0
December 12th, 2011 at 1:12:18 PM permalink
Actually, since the renovation the 6 deck, S-17 game is now hard to impossible to get at $25 when they are busy or during the day.
Before the renovation you could ask for a $25 table in the main pit and the S-17 rules you described were automatic, 24/7!

Foolish gaming management has caused the Trop to lose most of the players who supported them when the place needed repair and smelled horribly. Good blackjack can now only be found during certain hours and generally at $50 not $25.
The video poker has been downgraded. They used to have some of the best 25 and 50 cent blackjack on the strip but now the only good games are multiple line games at $1 and up. Thing is no one is playing the higher stakes but they claim their hold was too low at the lower stakes. Result: Their hold percentage has probably gone way up but during a 4 day stay, I never witnessed anyone player the higher stake machines there, so my guess is that their drop is near zero.
Hold 100% of zero and you have zero!

The new ownership has no loyalty to old customers and must believe they will be the new mega draw in Vegas when they get their night club in, which would mean tons of tourists and no regulars who understand odds.
I believe the new owners think they are someone other than just the Tropicana and it is only a matter of time before they fail!
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 12th, 2011 at 2:21:57 PM permalink
I remember the Trop not having the information on the felt for hitting or staying on soft 17. They used to have a small sign that they would put out. It would be S17 on weekdays and H17 on weekends. That was before the renovations.

The last time I played there I was backed off after about 45 minutes and up several hundred. I told the chatty pit boss that I was on my way to the airport which I was and he suggested that I leave now. I said I had a little more time and he said no you don't. I was playing unrated and really didn't care.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
aluisio
aluisio
  • Threads: 19
December 12th, 2011 at 2:28:29 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I remember the Trop not having the information on the felt for hitting or staying on soft 17. They used to have a small sign that they would put out. It would be S17 on weekdays and H17 on weekends. That was before the renovations.

The last time I played there I was backed off after about 45 minutes and up several hundred. I told the chatty pit boss that I was on my way to the airport which I was and he suggested that I leave now. I said I had a little more time and he said no you don't. I was playing unrated and really didn't care.

Is that common treatment? Were you counting?
No bounce, no play.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 12th, 2011 at 3:28:48 PM permalink
I was blatantly counting in an almost empty pit. Some might say I was asking for it and I can't disagree. I know how to protect myself from back offs but I was on my way out of town so it didn't really matter. I wasn't known to them.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
sevencard2003
sevencard2003
January 27th, 2017 at 12:59:45 PM permalink
any updates now that its 1 yr later? who still plays here in LV?

in other news, would my host in st louis, who recently offered me 12 $125 free bet coupons in feb i didnt know about til logging into marquee rewards, since i've gone most of my life without ever having a valid postal mailing address nowhere, plus free hotel nights, be able to get me offers in trop LV where ive never played?

id love to email him, but i dont remember how. or his name. i only used him once, when i passed thru there 2-3 nights and got the free offers when i lost $6000 rather quickly during a very good count.
sevencard2003.blogspot.com
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
January 27th, 2017 at 3:44:35 PM permalink
Quote: sevencard2003

any updates now that its 1 yr later? who still plays here in LV?

in other news, would my host in st louis, who recently offered me 12 $125 free bet coupons in feb i didnt know about til logging into marquee rewards, since i've gone most of my life without ever having a valid postal mailing address nowhere, plus free hotel nights, be able to get me offers in trop LV where ive never played?

id love to email him, but i dont remember how. or his name. i only used him once, when i passed thru there 2-3 nights and got the free offers when i lost $6000 rather quickly during a very good count.

How did you get 6k to St. Louis? Did you get a check? Wire transfer? Did you cash some old Slot Tickets? Did you Western Union the money to yourself? Did you fly or take a bus? How did you get the rest of your cash out of St. Louis? Did you walk around East St. Louis at night? How did you get so much money over to St. Louis but can't figure out how to get some to Reno?

Are you and ZenKing partners? It's January 27th... I thought ZenKing would be crushing Vegas by now?
sevencard2003
sevencard2003
January 27th, 2017 at 9:29:50 PM permalink
Quote: monet0412

How did you get 6k to St. Louis? Did you get a check? Wire transfer? Did you cash some old Slot Tickets? Did you Western Union the money to yourself? Did you fly or take a bus? How did you get the rest of your cash out of St. Louis? Did you walk around East St. Louis at night? How did you get so much money over to St. Louis but can't figure out how to get some to Reno?

Are you and ZenKing partners? It's January 27th... I thought ZenKing would be crushing Vegas by now?

whose zenking?

amtrak has service shreveport to st louis, u get to not be searched while boarding, plus u ride in a private sleeper car, by yourself, alone, behind a locked door, without needing to sit by someone. it means u dont feel uncomfortable carrying large sums of cash. theres no train between vegas and reno. wish there was
sevencard2003.blogspot.com
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 3
January 27th, 2017 at 10:26:52 PM permalink

when i lost $6000 rather quickly during a very good count.

]]

You have no idea what a very good count is,
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 3
January 27th, 2017 at 10:26:52 PM permalink

when i lost $6000 rather quickly during a very good count.

You have no idea what a very good count is,
  • Jump to: