JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
October 13th, 2009 at 2:24:33 PM permalink
This thread is to be used to discuss restaurants and dining available at Rio.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
February 26th, 2011 at 6:16:10 PM permalink
New high end resturant comming to the Rio.
According to Anthony Curtis' LVA the first Whopper Bar in LV is to open.

If like me you find the food of Burger King as fine as Wolfgangs but the decore needed help this may be your place.

Whopper Bar

bon appétit
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 3rd, 2011 at 10:06:03 PM permalink

Here are some prices from NYC, It sound slightly higher than standard BK, but still a lot less than most fancy burger joints. I wonder how expensive the beer will be?

Meat Beast Whopper ($5.54) topped with bacon, pepperoni, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, American cheese, and ketchup, making its debut in New York City;
the 7-ounce BK Black and Bleu Steakhouse XT ($6.30) topped with blue cheese and blackened Cajun sauce;
and the California Whopper ($5.54) topped with guacamole, crispy bacon, and Swiss cheese.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
March 4th, 2011 at 12:25:18 AM permalink
And I saw the Rio is putting it up on the second floor waaaay down on the end by Chippendale's Theater, past where RubBBQ was. Opening this month!
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Wavy70
Wavy70
March 4th, 2011 at 12:40:46 AM permalink
Often I found myself telling the burgerista that I am under paying for this. Now they have listened to me.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 4th, 2011 at 1:19:28 AM permalink
Burgerista ???
I think there was a comic (Hugh Fink??) who once phoned a fast food joint and asked if Chef Somebody was working there tonight.
Burgerista?
American technology creates such interesting jobs.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
March 4th, 2011 at 1:30:31 AM permalink
LOL my buddy got hired here. He hasn't told any of our other friends and I was sworn to secrecy. I've gotta find an excuse to accidentally walk by with some friends while he's working.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
March 4th, 2011 at 3:15:05 AM permalink
Fallen on hard times, has he?
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 4th, 2011 at 7:11:45 AM permalink
I'd like the idea better for a Carl's Jr. or even Wendy's. The latter has better side dishes than anyone else in the artery-clogging business :)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
pacomartin
pacomartin
March 4th, 2011 at 7:37:02 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I'd like the idea better for a Carl's Jr. or even Wendy's. The latter has better side dishes than anyone else in the artery-clogging business :)

They will probably all get into the act. Burger bars have been a hot area of growth for a while. It seems natural that the mass distributors would want to get into the business. In a similar way once Starbucks established the demand for high end coffee, now McDonald's, Burger King, and Dunkin' Donuts are trying to get into the act.

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 4th, 2011 at 7:52:07 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

They will probably all get into the act. Burger bars have been a hot area of growth for a while.

At Dineyworld all the fast food type restaurants have a toppings bar.

In Mexico there used to be two restaurant chains with toppings bars for their burgers. One was called Chazz, the other I think was part of an American chain called Fudrockers (or something like that). I think there's still a Chazz left in town. But the toppings were the common stuff you already find everywhere else.

BTW in Mexico here and there you find burger stands, much like taco stands only not as common. There's a very good one right in front of the office, except they like puting in chopped jalapeños <roll eyes> and they don't have pickles. I understand adapting foreign foods to local tastes, but who likes a hot, spicy burger?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
March 14th, 2011 at 4:12:00 AM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

LOL my buddy got hired here. He hasn't told any of our other friends and I was sworn to secrecy. I've gotta find an excuse to accidentally walk by with some friends while he's working.

I guess I'll never see him work there, he was fired within his first 90 minutes.
Wavy70
Wavy70
March 14th, 2011 at 10:52:03 AM permalink

I guess I'll never see him work there, he was fired within his first 90 minutes.

He got fired from Burger King? What did he do?
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
March 14th, 2011 at 3:58:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

He got fired from Burger King? What did he do?

Kinda bullshit actually, employees are supposed to sign a form saying they acknowledge that they are not allowed to drink on property. They hired him knowing he was also a promoter for Crown and Voodoo, he refused to sign since drinking at those venues goes with the job so they let him go.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
March 14th, 2011 at 4:02:03 PM permalink
I prefer In n Out when I'm in town.
Wavy70
Wavy70
March 14th, 2011 at 4:05:21 PM permalink

Kinda bullshit actually, employees are supposed to sign a form saying they acknowledge that they are not allowed to drink on property. They hired him knowing he was also a promoter for Crown and Voodoo, he refused to sign since drinking at those venues goes with the job so they let him go.

I would think being a lil buzzed would help being a BK employee.
Most at Pollo Loco are drunks.
zippyboy
zippyboy
March 25th, 2011 at 11:50:24 PM permalink
Okay everyone, the BK Whopper Bar is finally open at the Rio. Location is second floor way at the end by Chippendales.

I was expecting a self-serve bar for cool ingredients like pepper bacon, guac, bleu cheese crumbles and such just like at Fuddruckers, but no, it's all behind glass and each topping is .50 extra. So I asked the counter girl, and the standard Whopper is $4.09 plus tax, then each ingredient is .50 extra. I laughed in her face. The BK Stackers we see advertised on TV are 1, 2, and 3 meat patties for $1, $2 and $3, and you get bacon included. Here at the Bar, a single patty burger is $4.09! Then bacon, cheese, etc is an extra .50 for each item. So a $9 BK burger is conceivable. I looked at the bar, and saw the tiniest scoop in the guacamolé I've ever seen; they give you a scoopful the size of an olive for 50 cents. That's very -EV in my book. If this were self-serve, I would pay, and load up on the bacon, swiss and crispy onions. I give it 2 months before riots close it down.

Check out these prices....

Wavy70
Wavy70
March 26th, 2011 at 12:05:12 AM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Okay everyone, the BK Whopper Bar is finally open at the Rio. Location is second floor way at the end by Chippendales.

I was expecting a self-serve bar for cool ingredients like pepper bacon, guac, bleu cheese crumbles and such just like at Fuddruckers, but no, it's all behind glass and each topping is .50 extra. So I asked the counter girl, and the standard Whopper is $4.09 plus tax, then each ingredient is .50 extra. I laughed in her face. The BK Stackers we see advertised on TV are 1, 2, and 3 meat patties for $1, $2 and $3, and you get bacon included. Here at the Bar, a single patty burger is $4.09! Then bacon, cheese, etc is an extra .50 for each item. So a $9 BK burger is conceivable. I looked at the bar, and saw the tiniest scoop in the guacamolé I've ever seen; they give you a scoopful the size of an olive for 50 cents. That's very -EV in my book. If this were self-serve, I would pay, and load up on the bacon, swiss and crispy onions. I give it 2 months before riots close it down.

Check out these prices....

I imagine the excitement is worth the price alone. To supersize you have to get a line of credit.
pacomartin
pacomartin
March 26th, 2011 at 2:16:11 AM permalink
I was under the impression that it was going to be a better burger than a traditional Whopper, but in looking at the nutritional information, I see the WHOPPERs from both places are identical.

A Buck Double at Burger King has 4 ounces of meat (the same as a Whopper) but only costs $1.

There are however, more fattening toppings, These are the prices in Time Square from an article dated August 18, 2010

Meat Beast Whopper ($5.54) topped with bacon, pepperoni, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, American cheese, and ketchup,
California Whopper ($5.54) topped with guacamole, crispy bacon, and Swiss cheese.
BK Black and Bleu Steakhouse XT ($6.30) 7 ounce topped with blue cheese and blackened Cajun sauce;

I can't read the prices on your photo, but it looks like you have to buy a whole meal.

Also in NY, they have the New York Pizza Burger ($12.99), a 9-and-a-half-inch wide burger made with four Whopper patties topped with pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and Tuscan pesto sauce. It'll be available exclusively at the New York City Whopper Bar starting in September to fulfill that longtime desire for a giant burger that sort of tastes like a pizza.

However, if you want the same Whopper with the same ingredients it should cost the same as regular BK. It's just that you can now spend $5 on a beer.

Quote: Ingredients

WHOPPER from Whopper Bar
Calories 670
Calories 
from 
Fat 360
Total
 fat
(g)40
Saturated 
Fat
(g)11
Trans
 Fat
(g)1
Chol
 (mg) 75
Sodium 
(mg) 980
Total
Carb
 (g) 51
Dietary
 Fiber 
(g) 3
Total
 Sugar
(g) 11
Protein
 (g) 29

WHOPPER from Traditional Burger King
calories 670
fat 40g
sat. fat 11g
trans fat 1g
cholesterol 75mg
sodium 980mg
carbs 51g
sugar 11g
protein 28g

zippyboy
zippyboy
March 26th, 2011 at 2:30:24 AM permalink

I can't read the prices on your photo.

That's what's so deceptive about this new restaurant. There IS no Whopper on the menu, only whopper "meals". The reg meal is $6.59, Angry meal $8.09, black n bleu meal $8.59, mushroom n swiss $9.19, which is why I had to ask for just a basic burger that I wanted to dress up. Once I saw it wasn't even self-serve, well, I snapped these pics and left.

I've been going by every day just a'waitin' for it to open, and now I'll never go back. I can get a whopper down the street for $2 and dress it up at home with extra stuff. Or I can go half mile away to Fuddruckers at the Orleans and get a 1/2# charbroiled 6 inch wide burger on ciabatta roll for $6 and dress it up with my choice of toppings right there at their self-serve veggie bar.

Fuddruckers rulez. Burger King droolz.
pacomartin
pacomartin
March 26th, 2011 at 2:54:11 AM permalink

Fuddruckers rulez. Burger King droolz.

You've made a very convincing case that this concept is only going to be located at places where everything else is super expensive. That way they won't have to compete with normal restaurants.

They had a Burger King in downtown Oaxaca Mexico. I couldn't believe that anyone would eat there considering the great food all around for a fraction of the price. But apparently some American's are addicts, and some of the young Mexican boys think it's very trendy.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
March 26th, 2011 at 11:47:30 AM permalink

I give it 2 months before riots close it down.

Riots over rip-off pricing? Strange expectation.
pacomartin
pacomartin
April 1st, 2011 at 4:19:18 AM permalink

Anyone tried one of these Five Guys: Bacon Cheeseburger: 920 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat. Large Order Of Fries: 1,460 calories.
10271 S. Eastern Henderson, NV Seina Heights

They are getting popular on East Coast with over 500 locations. Some of the un-healthiest food in America.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 1st, 2011 at 4:23:25 AM permalink

Never been to crazy about them, but for eating in it is fairly good; it didnt survive well as take-out when I tried that, which is now actually several years ago. Part of the problem was how they wrapped it up, for example the fries got soggy in their own steam. Some of these things may be done better now.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
zippyboy
zippyboy
April 1st, 2011 at 4:29:41 AM permalink
Wow. I just went to their website to see what all the fuss is about. All text, not a single photo of the burger. How can I get excited about the product when they don't put ANY burger pics anywhere on the site? Those 5 Guys should go back to marketing school.

Epic fail.
BrooklynJake
BrooklynJake
October 14th, 2011 at 12:29:33 PM permalink
The São Paulo Cafe was pretty good for breakfast. The portions are a bit large, more than I was used to, but the food is good.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
January 20th, 2012 at 6:49:48 PM permalink
I was at the Rio two weeks ago, but only ate two meals there.

One was a late lunch at the sports deli. Very good Pastrami on Rye. My brother had a Meatball Sub that he raved about. The only downside was the price. $14 for the sandwich and a bottled water. But I realize that in Vegas I'm going to spend 50-100% more than I'm used to on meals.

The other was a quick coffee & donut at the coffee shop near the elevators to the Masquerade tower. $6.50 for that, which again, is double what I'd pay in St. Louis.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
timbo123
timbo123
  • Threads: 0
February 19th, 2013 at 9:40:31 PM permalink
Locals pay 50% at the Carnival World Buffet if you show a Total Rewards comp card and a Nevada Driver's license. It's such
a good deal that I'm afraid maybe going away as we now have to print out a 50% off coupon that has a 2/28/2013 expiration
date.

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday, and I love today."

-William Allen White
  • Jump to: