prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 10
July 16th, 2017 at 7:08:07 PM permalink
Quote: monet0412

. I am getting to the point of asking ZK to reimburse me for the time on the pool tables and the one or two Heineken's I bought him that he did not drink

Wait... Why didn't he drink the Heineken?
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
Thanks for this post from:
prozema
July 16th, 2017 at 7:10:01 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

Wait... Why didn't he drink the Heineken?

Not much of a drinker...just being social which he was talked into and he was driving so I am sure he didn't want to drink and drive. I am not a drinker either and only had one double shot of Captain which is very rare for me nowadays and I slammed it. My body can't handle it anymore but I did my share of drinking from 15-35 or so.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
July 16th, 2017 at 7:19:19 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

My favorite ZK line was the one about Chinese pre shuffled cards. I think about that conversation and just giggle like a school girl.

I don't know which joke has more uses. The ZK's Chinese prison cards or AM's 18 yos...
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
July 16th, 2017 at 10:52:08 PM permalink
105 in Sacramento Metro today. A/C is barely working here at the homestead.

Some thoughts:

- I don't even bother sandwiching it anymore because they always just throw it out in plain view anyway.
- You are less likely to get an upgrade when your room is already comped, or when the hotel is very busy
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 417
July 17th, 2017 at 6:12:19 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

You are less likely to get an upgrade when your room is already comped, or when the hotel is very busy

are BBBabs rooms comped?
if so, the $20 trick has been working for her for years.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
July 17th, 2017 at 9:40:57 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

are BBBabs rooms comped?
if so, the $20 trick has been working for her for years.

Yes I'm talking about comped rooms. When I was traveling for business, I didn't try it, because it would mess up the govt accounting to have more than a basic room on a bill, even if.the price was the same to them. (I did a lot of 1-2 wk travels, no-brainer to amortize a 20 over several nights, but govt travel is a nightmare of regulation and oversight. Not without reason, sad to say.)

Type rooms are generally not guaranteed for comps. Several factors in play, like how valuable the guest is to the property, who their host is, the order they checked in, bed/smoke preference, ADA needs, etc. So the front desk has a host of excuses at hand if needed for a subsequent check-in.

Yeah, 20 goes a long way, most times. Just a little friendly graft.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
July 17th, 2017 at 9:46:29 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yes I'm talking about comped rooms. When I was traveling for business, I didn't try it, because it would mess up the govt accounting to have more than a basic room on a bill, even if.the price was the same to them. (I did a lot of 1-2 wk travels, no-brainer to amortize a 20 over several nights, but govt travel is a nightmare of regulation and oversight. Not without reason, sad to say.)

Oh my God, I know!!! You can't give them a free upgrade if the room is going to say, 'Suite,' because that is going to be a problem for the bean-counters. If that was all I had, I would have to artificially put them in another room moving a guest who wasn't actually in the suite to the suite temporarily so I could print out a receipt that showed the Government employee in the regular originally booked room.
Vultures can't be choosers.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
July 17th, 2017 at 9:52:11 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Oh my God, I know!!! You can't give them a free upgrade if the room is going to say, 'Suite,' because that is going to be a problem for the bean-counters. If that was all I had, I would have to artificially put them in another room moving a guest who wasn't actually in the suite to the suite temporarily so I could print out a receipt that showed the Government employee in the regular originally booked room.

It's a firing offense. Not much else is, but abuse your travel, and you're on the street.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
July 17th, 2017 at 9:59:15 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's a firing offense. Not much else is, but abuse your travel, and you're on the street.

I've heard that, but they only care about what the folio says or doesn't say. As long as you can game the folio, they don't mind to actually physically be in a suite.
Vultures can't be choosers.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 30
July 17th, 2017 at 10:19:22 AM permalink
Staying at CET properties and having a Diamond card, they have upgraded my room nearly every time at check-in to the best available (non-suite).

Room's at Bally's AC are quite dated, but they keep them clean. There's 2 towers there, the Dennis Tower and Bally's tower. The Dennis Tower is the original hotel from 1921 and the rooms aren't that great. We were given a corner ocean-front room in the Bally's tower and it was really nice (but still could use some remodeling). It had huge floor to ceiling windows facing the ocean and a separate bathroom with the same windows and a tub facing the ocean.

At Ceasars AC they have The Forum, Ocean, and Centurian towers. They've always put us in the Centurian tower, and those rooms are great. They have huge showers with seats and floor to ceiling glass doors.

I think I stayed in the Harbor Tower at Harrah's AC and those rooms were also gorgeous.

At my recent stay at Flamingo Vegas, the first room was filthy and looked like a crack den. I requested a move and the second room was nicer, although still dirty. I won't be staying there again.

• Jump to: