MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
October 12th, 2012 at 2:09:52 PM permalink
I go to Vegas once per month, every month. I play unrated, so I must shop for a deal to keep expenses low.

I just booked 3 nights at Bally's (Dec 3-6) for $15 per night; or $50.40 total including taxes. Not bad.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
October 12th, 2012 at 2:32:50 PM permalink
Wow, you are right (but this with TR card which does mean you are getting rated at zero at CET properties while you stay). But I'm guessing this means little to you as you aren't highly rated by CET in general, correct? Bally's is even cheaper than IP now on my TR card *shocked*. I was considering trying to convince the g/f to go to Vegas Dec. 1-5 even though we are going to Disneyworld next week and I have already been to Vegas 2x this year. This could tip the scale in my favor. Hell, even if she didn't want to go, I still might...lol
MakingBook
MakingBook
October 12th, 2012 at 3:46:10 PM permalink
I learned of this low rate from a weekly email I receive from Anthony Curtis Las Vegas Advisor. The rate is available to anyone. I don't have a TR card.

Promo code- IBFNF
bigpete88
bigpete88
  • Threads: 23
October 12th, 2012 at 4:40:43 PM permalink
Niceeeeeeeee........
WinningWays
WinningWays
  • Threads: 5
November 1st, 2012 at 5:29:32 PM permalink
Question........ I have an option for my upcoming visit to Vegas of taking the Ballys room special of $15 per night (5 nights) or staying at Harrahs for $28 per night (5 nights). I've stayed at neither hotel before. Some advice would be great! Thanks.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 1st, 2012 at 5:35:22 PM permalink
Quote: WinningWays

Question........ I have an option for my upcoming visit to Vegas of taking the Ballys room special of $15 per night (5 nights) or staying at Harrahs for $28 per night (5 nights). I've stayed at neither hotel before. Some advice would be great! Thanks.

Ballys is a nicer hotel, and it's a great central location. Bally's is a little smaller, and there can be some noise from the Bellagio fountain show depending on where your room is.

Harrah's is bigger, a little less nice, and a little farther north. It's a bit quieter, and the location is nice if you'll be visiting or playing at the Venetian or Wynncore.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
MakingBook
MakingBook
November 1st, 2012 at 5:41:52 PM permalink

Not much difference between Bally's and Harrah's. No resort fees at either, both well located mid-strip; low price wins.

If you play rated, it probably would not take much action to get the room comped at either property.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 1st, 2012 at 5:57:03 PM permalink
Both have old rooms at these prices with tube TV's, but are generaly clean. Ballys will be in the North Tower and Harrahs will probably be in a low floor in any tower. Both beat IP by a mile and are really a good deal when you consider no Resort fees.
IndyDarren
IndyDarren
  • Threads: 1
November 1st, 2012 at 5:58:10 PM permalink
I've stayed at Bally's three times, Harrah's once (twice, after next week). Agree that the location is good for both, it just depends if you want to be closer to the Plaza, Wincore, etc, or closer to the south strip. Harrah's used to be a Holiday Inn, so I think the rooms are a little smaller, but no big difference. And while you may hear Bellagio music at Bally's, you could hear Linq construction or Carnival Court sounds at Harrah's.

They're both nice; obviously not high end, but good middle of the road. Enjoy!
WinningWays
WinningWays
  • Threads: 5
November 1st, 2012 at 5:58:16 PM permalink
Thanks for the advice. I thought that Harrahs was a higher standard hotel than Ballys because in general Harrahs rates are more expensive. Considered 'splurging' the extra $13 per night to stay there but I'm leaning towards your opinion that low price wins! One reason I would consider not to stay at Ballys is because of other player's thoughts that it's sensible not to play where you stay. Ths would rule out me playing tables at Ballys and the connecting Paris property.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 1st, 2012 at 6:00:32 PM permalink

One reason I would consider not to stay at Ballys is because of other player's thoughts that it's sensible not to play where you stay. Ths would rule out me playing tables at Ballys and the connecting Paris property.

Luckily the Bellagio is right there across the street:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
November 1st, 2012 at 6:03:50 PM permalink
Great now I find this thread. Two days ago I booked 3 nights at IP. :(
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 1st, 2012 at 6:07:09 PM permalink
I am 2 for 2 for getting an upgrade to a North Tower room at Bally's by slipping a $20 at the front desk, so that's another thing to consider. I would only recommend Harrah's if you plan on gambling/playing poker a lot at Venetian or Wynn.

Rainman, did you book this with a personal offer? If you did, I dunno how CET will deal with that. If not, you can just easily cancel IP (only 72 hrs. notice needed for full refund) and rebook Ballys. Or you could call 1-800-CAESARS and ask over the phone.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 1st, 2012 at 6:11:30 PM permalink
If you booked direct with Caesars.com, they will change and match your reservation at no cost anytime if they offer a lower rate. A huge reason to book direct.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
November 1st, 2012 at 6:19:36 PM permalink
Ok thanks guys I'm gonna cancel right now.
  • Jump to: