gw99
gw99
  • Threads: 1
February 16th, 2014 at 9:27:14 PM permalink
Hello,

I booked Aria via Hotwire, I am an mlife Platinum. I tried calling Aria to add my mlife number to my reservation, and request 2 beds instead of the one that the hotwire booking provided. They pretty much said they won't do any of this on a hotwire booking. Anyone experienced this or have any tips?

Thanks!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
February 16th, 2014 at 10:04:43 PM permalink
Bookings are final. Maybe they'll be able to accommodate or give you a roll away for a fee when there.
I am a robot.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 16th, 2014 at 11:04:48 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Bookings are final. Maybe they'll be able to accommodate or give you a roll away for a fee when there.

Hotwire gets you hotel rates that pretty much take the margin away from the hotel. I'd talk to someone at the hotel upon arrival and ask kindly if there is anything that they could do with the room.

I had the same issue with CZR and Expedia (who owns hotwire). They told me that they couldn't do anything about room charges because I booked on an external site at a special rate.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 17th, 2014 at 12:09:16 AM permalink
No one likes hotwire. Not airlines, not hotels.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 17th, 2014 at 4:27:23 AM permalink
You should have booked through Mlife. If you're a platinum and have given them some play, you should get free rooms. I made the mistake of booking my hotel through a travel site when I first came here. Not that it matters since it was the El Cortez so it only cost me $20 or so a day, but I couldn't get comped no matter what since it was through the site.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 17th, 2014 at 5:48:19 AM permalink
Just ask when you check in if you can have a room with two queens. The $20 trick wouldn't hurt.

Aria is a huge hotel and they practically give those rooms away on Hotwire, which tells you their occupancy rates aren't exactly where they want them to be.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 17th, 2014 at 3:13:09 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

You should have booked through Mlife. If you're a platinum and have given them some play, you should get free rooms. I made the mistake of booking my hotel through a travel site when I first came here. Not that it matters since it was the El Cortez so it only cost me $20 or so a day, but I couldn't get comped no matter what since it was through the site.

Yeah, WTH is a Platinum member doing booking through a discount site? I've never gotten past Pearl so it's not like I know the rooms are free or anything. But that's a decent amount of play, you should definitely book through Mlife and try to get stuff comped. Going 3rd-party means they have NO purview to discount your room.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
February 17th, 2014 at 3:22:36 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

You should have booked through Mlife.

I was going to ask if you tried this route first. Hotel reservations can be cancelled. Try booking through Mlife. Since you didn't use your Mlife account to book through Hotwire, they won't catch the double booking. If you get a similar or better rate then cancel the Hotwire booking.
Quote: ams288

The $20 trick wouldn't hurt.

The $20 trick got me and my friends stuck in the #*$&(@% Claridge in AC. Maybe it'll work better in 'Vegas.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 17th, 2014 at 4:54:12 PM permalink
Platinum is their top tier except Noir by invitation, right? Can't imagine you can't get a VIP host on the phone at the Aria to book you and then cancel Hotwire if you get a better rate/get comped. The hosts have a lot more discretion than the reservation people; they may even be able to get in there and modify your existing res, but I bet they'd rather comp it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 17th, 2014 at 5:04:53 PM permalink
Quote: gw99

Hello,

I booked Aria via Hotwire, I am an mlife Platinum. I tried calling Aria to add my mlife number to my reservation, and request 2 beds instead of the one that the hotwire booking provided. They pretty much said they won't do any of this on a hotwire booking. Anyone experienced this or have any tips?

Thanks!

I remember having a legal case in Los Angeles and booking the Beverly Hilton through Priceline (along with my flight) - when I asked the airline about airline miles and the hotel about hotel points, I was told that anything booked through a travel site is not eligible for those rewards programs
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 17th, 2014 at 5:15:08 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Platinum is their top tier except Noir by invitation, right? Can't imagine you can't get a VIP host on the phone at the Aria to book you and then cancel Hotwire if you get a better rate/get comped. The hosts have a lot more discretion than the reservation people; they may even be able to get in there and modify your existing res, but I bet they'd rather comp it.

Platinum is a pretty wide range. At the low end you are barely getting rooms, and at the upper end you are RFB with limo rides.

You can actually get platinum without doing any gambling at all. Spend $8000 in a year (between rooms, food, shows, and retail) and you are platinum. But that won't get you anything more than a tier discount on a room.
  • Jump to: