unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
RogerKint
November 24th, 2018 at 1:20:47 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Foreign investors pulling the plug would be terrible for our country.

um. ZK wasn’t saying it would be good for the country. Just that he predicts it will happen.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
November 24th, 2018 at 1:34:25 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

um. ZK wasn’t saying it would be good for the country. Just that he predicts it will happen.

He said:

"Just waiting on the foreign investors to finally pull the plug. Until then, this is far from a 'great' country."

Implying that we are not a great country until foreign investors pull the plug on their investing.

At least, that's how I'm reading it.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
RogerKint
November 24th, 2018 at 1:55:33 PM permalink

He said:

"Just waiting on the foreign investors to finally pull the plug. Until then, this is far from a 'great' country."

Implying that we are not a great country until foreign investors pull the plug on their investing.

At least, that's how I'm reading it.

I’m reading it as we are currently fooling ourselves in thinking that it’s a “great country” and once foreign investors pull the plug we will all realize how wrong we drones are.

My reading makes more sense to me in context and in line with previous ZK ramblings.

Sort of a silly debate we are having about what another poster said. Presumably he will come around shortly and let us know.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 24th, 2018 at 2:02:34 PM permalink

I’m reading it as we are currently fooling ourselves in thinking that it’s a “great country” and once foreign investors pull the plug we will all realize how wrong we drones are.

Well, one of the supporting legs keeping us great IS our foreign investors, so if they were to pull out it would be bad for our country and we would no longer be as great.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
RogerKint
November 24th, 2018 at 3:42:03 PM permalink
"Democracy is a conspiracy theory"
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleFTB
November 24th, 2018 at 4:44:18 PM permalink

ZK’s predictions are worth as much as me betting I don’t piss today after drinking 3 gallons of water.

Both are guaranteed to lose you (worthless) money.

And while I hate futures, the best lock of the century is he doesn’t own a house by 35.

Does anyone think he is going to make a living playing Blackjack based on his current career path and lack of work ethic? And let’s face it, he’s too stubborn to work for anyone because he knows more than them.

Honestly, is there anyone who thinks he will ever amount to anything?

Hard work and common sense pays the bills, it’s obvious he has neither.

Maybe his knowledge of the constitution will pay his bills.

His only hope is hustling other video gamers. But it doesn’t seem he has the stomach for that.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 24th, 2018 at 4:51:54 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Honestly, is there anyone who thinks he will ever amount to anything?

Yes.

I think he's going to be one of those people where, 10-15 years from now, he'll have a stable normal office job, a wife, maybe a kid, living in a house in the suburbs of Iowa, and he'll be talking to his friends like, "Dude, I was freakin' crazy in my twenties... did I ever tell you about the time I moved to Vegas to be a professional card counter? I thought I had the whole world figured out back then. Boy, was I wrong...."
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
happahero
November 24th, 2018 at 4:56:34 PM permalink

Yes.

I think he's going to be one of those people where, 10-15 years from now, he'll have a stable normal office job, a wife, maybe a kid, living in a house in the suburbs of Iowa, and he'll be talking to his friends like, "Dude, I was freakin' crazy in my twenties... did I ever tell you about the time I moved to Vegas to be a professional card counter? I thought I had the whole world figured out back then. Boy, was I wrong...."

Having met ZK, I would definitely take the other side of this bet.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 638
November 25th, 2018 at 12:53:18 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I think they wanted the big cities to have an illusion of being respectable.
I've never heard any serious talk in my 17 years living here to change the law, although it would be a high priority of mine if I were elected to state office.

I would rather have you try to be gaming commissioner.

make all slots pay back 90% as the minimum.
make the avg house edge on any table game (by bets placed) be no more than 5%.
- that screws double 00 roulette, and the Big 6 wheel

6:5 Blackjack cannot be called blackjack.
only 3:2 can be called blackjack.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
  • Jump to: