Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 3rd, 2015 at 6:05:57 AM permalink
Deleted by author.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 3rd, 2015 at 6:21:56 AM permalink
I've seen "LOVE" before and it's pretty good, but vs. other cirque shows, focuses on music and dancing more than acrobatics.

Being too young for the Beatles (Lennon died when I was an infant), I didn't really connect a bunch with the music. I also have sensitive hearing, and man that show is loud. Also at times I thought to myself, what would it be like to watch this show on acid...lol

I would recommend seeing "O" first myself. LOVE is still probably the best free myVegas show though.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 3rd, 2015 at 6:42:07 AM permalink
deleted
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
blount2000
blount2000
  • Threads: 42
March 3rd, 2015 at 7:11:23 AM permalink
I have seen LOVE twice (2011 & 2013) and I really enjoyed it. I had intended to see it again on my most recent trip a couple of months ago, but the show was dark for like two weeks during December (which happened to include the time my wife and I were there).

I may be revealing my lack of sophistication, but one thing I really liked about LOVE was the fact I was able to "relate" to the show better due to the familiar Beatles music. I've seen other Cirque & Cirque-like shows before (i.e. Mystere, Balagan) and while I've always been amazed and very entertained, I've also been somewhat lost on trying to figure out a story line or other type of "meaning" behind everything.

But for me, that Beatles music is instantly recognizable and relate-able the moment the show starts!

It also gives me something to hold on to long after the show is over. Even now whenever I hear one of those Beatles songs I instantly think back to the show. "Help" comes on the radio, and I'm picturing those rollerskating acrobats flying up and over those big ramps on stage!
You serious, Clark?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
March 3rd, 2015 at 3:13:37 PM permalink
Quote: blount2000

Even now whenever I hear one of those Beatles songs I instantly think back to the show. "Help" comes on the radio, and I'm picturing those rollerskating acrobats flying up and over those big ramps on stage!

This is the one segment that I thought could have been so much better. The Roller-bladers don't actually do any Extreme tricks, so the show Producer should bring in some Pro's and really liven that up.

That said, though, I think this is one of the better Cirque shows due to the Theater configuration and the Music. I have seen it a couple of times. And thanks to myVegas, I will be seeing it AGAIN.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
March 3rd, 2015 at 4:03:08 PM permalink
It's a great show, but you'll really only appreciate it if you like the Beatles' music.

And yes, it's probably the only live performance I've ever been to where the cheap seats are just about as good as the expensive seats. No need to waste money to sit up front.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 11th, 2015 at 8:03:28 AM permalink
deleted
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 26th, 2017 at 8:42:33 AM permalink
Just saw Love and I was a Beatles freak growing up.
I was in the last row and still felt I had a good seat.
I thought it was great.
Great use of recorded Beatles chatter.
The Hey Bulldog videos were surprising, I had never seen this. The played Dont let me Down from the Abbey Road rooftop that was in the movie Let it Be. Loved the huge white sheet, very very trippy. Great speaker system. Sound was perfect. Enjoyable
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
December 26th, 2017 at 9:15:07 AM permalink
Absolutely amazing show. I’ve seen it five times but I’m a Beatles fanatic.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 26th, 2017 at 9:21:05 AM permalink
I absolutely dislike the Beatles but enjoyed that show immensely. One of the best shows in Vegas despite the music.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
November 15th, 2018 at 12:23:59 PM permalink
Just saw Love for the first time last night. The venue is great. The stage is an X shape in the middle of the theater, and the theater is not that huge, so every seat is good.

The show itself is difficult to describe. There is no plot, so you don't need to feel challenged understanding what is going on, as is the case with Ka. The outfits look straight out of an Austin Powers movie. Beatles music, emphasizing the Sgt Pepper era, plays and the cast appear to spontaneously break out in whatever the act is for that song. Trampolines, bungee cords, and ropes are frequently seen. I'm no expert, but the level of difficulty of the acrobatics seemed less than Mystere and Ka, but about the same as Zumanity (the only ones I can compare it to).

As mentioned, the music is heavily centered around the Sgt. Pepper album, unfortunately for me, as I always thought that that album was overrated. Also never liked the song Hey Jude, which, of course, they did. Somehow, they managed to play every Beatles song I don't like and few of my favorites. Sometimes between songs they played what was probably casual conversation caught on live mikes when recording. On video screens in the background they showed a lot of Beatles images, but none I were familiar with. I think they tried to give Beatles fans something new.

All things considered, I would say I liked Love, but didn't love Love. I'd rank it higher than Ka, lower than Mystere, and about the same as Zumanity. I'm not the biggest Cirque fan to begin with, so keep that under advisement if I sound too negative.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 15th, 2018 at 1:32:16 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Sometimes between songs they played what was probably casual conversation caught on live mikes when recording. .

I have a lot of those bootleg studio recordings.
I thought it was really neat that Love used those conversations. Many Beatle songs were not very politically correct and I have those recordings. Take the song Get Back. I have early recordings of the Beatles singing, "Get back, get back Pakastani, get back to the country where you belong "
Last edited by: terapined on Nov 15, 2018
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
November 15th, 2018 at 3:01:08 PM permalink

I'd rank it higher than Ka, lower than Mystere, and about the same as Zumanity.

Wiz, we got to get you re-calibrated. Zumanity is a tedious production that cheapens the Cirque du Soleil name.

I have seen LOVE numerous times, and it is a true crowd pleaser. It is at the top of my list for recommendations if a new visitor to Vegas only has the time/money to see one big show. I also like the "artsy-ness" of the acrobatics and aerials of it..

I am also not a huge fan of Hey Jude, but hey, it's only 5 minutes out of 75, right ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 15th, 2018 at 3:21:49 PM permalink
There is a jeweler in the Shops that gives you two tickets with $150 purchase. They also have a very good return policy.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
tringlomane
tringlomane
November 15th, 2018 at 3:29:07 PM permalink

Just saw Love for the first time last night. The venue is great. The stage is an X shape in the middle of the theater, and the theater is not that huge, so every seat is good.

The show itself is difficult to describe. There is no plot, so you don't need to feel challenged understanding what is going on, as is the case with Ka. The outfits look straight out of an Austin Powers movie. Beatles music, emphasizing the Sgt Pepper era, plays and the cast appear to spontaneously break out in whatever the act is for that song. Trampolines, bungee cords, and ropes are frequently seen. I'm no expert, but the level of difficulty of the acrobatics seemed less than Mystere and Ka, but about the same as Zumanity (the only ones I can compare it to).

As mentioned, the music is heavily centered around the Sgt. Pepper album, unfortunately for me, as I always thought that that album was overrated. Also never liked the song Hey Jude, which, of course, they did. Somehow, they managed to play every Beatles song I don't like and few of my favorites. Sometimes between songs they played what was probably casual conversation caught on live mikes when recording. On video screens in the background they showed a lot of Beatles images, but none I were familiar with. I think they tried to give Beatles fans something new.

All things considered, I would say I liked Love, but didn't love Love. I'd rank it higher than Ka, lower than Mystere, and about the same as Zumanity. I'm not the biggest Cirque fan to begin with, so keep that under advisement if I sound too negative.

I figured you'd like the song "Hey Jude" thanks to this young lady.

I think LOVE is one of the better Cirque shows, but it's helpful if you really like Beatles music. I was lucky enough to snag myVegas tickets for my trip last fall.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 15th, 2018 at 3:29:35 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

There is a jeweler in the Shops that gives you two tickets with $150 purchase. They also have a very good return policy.

Isn't that cheaper than the tickets themselves?
billryan
billryan
November 15th, 2018 at 3:30:55 PM permalink

Isn't that cheaper than the tickets themselves?

Yes, plus you can return the piece in thirty days for a refund.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 15th, 2018 at 3:32:18 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Wiz, we got to get you re-calibrated. Zumanity is a tedious production that cheapens the Cirque du Soleil name.

Maybe I need to see it again. The one time I did see it seems at least ten years ago and perhaps I was giving it the benefit of a bad memory.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
tringlomane
November 15th, 2018 at 3:34:38 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I was hoping somebody would remember good 'ol Heyjude2222. I wonder how she is doing.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
November 15th, 2018 at 4:53:02 PM permalink
Still single of course
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 15th, 2018 at 5:13:19 PM permalink
we saw it last month when we were in town. I got the tickets free from myvegas. I thought it was an entertaining show but like wizard said there isn't much in the show that you would expect from a cirque show. Definitely nothing like Ka. There were 2 parts that the music was so loud that it hurt my ears but that was my only complaint. I saw it at 10pm on the day we flew in. I worked that day 4am until noon and I didn't fall asleep so I thought that was a good sign.

I was a little angry that they didnt play yellow submarine.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
November 15th, 2018 at 5:17:57 PM permalink

Gasp! Hey Jude is a good song! The breakdown is amazing! The song is good as gold! Sacre Bleu!
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 15th, 2018 at 5:39:10 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Gasp! Hey Jude is a good song! The breakdown is amazing! The song is good as gold! Sacre Bleu!

Oy! I'll concede the beginning is, okay, at best. However, here is the ending of the song.

Quote: Hey Jude lyrics

Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey Jude

Source: https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Ih_uW-etHajN0PEP1PW36AU&q=hey+jude+lyrics&btnK=Google+Search&oq=hey+jude+lyrics&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.2718.5278..5385...0.0..0.83.1026.15......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131.8I_pi_M0hmk

A bit repetitive? What is your musical critique of this one?

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUCgC_TukKg

And I think Sacrebleu is one word. Who is the French expert of the forum?
billryan
billryan
November 15th, 2018 at 6:44:31 PM permalink
Not a single line in the end of Hey Jude repeats itself. The lyric is the same but each line is different, building to a crescendo.
To me, it's a perfect pairing of lyric to music.
Try listening to it with headphones
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
November 15th, 2018 at 7:35:08 PM permalink
I’ve seen I think 12 different Cirques now. Zumanity was enjoyable but shouldn’t have been made imo. It’s not cirque, it’s a reason to show a bunch of tiny titties. I think the Michael Jackson one is way over rated and Ka wasn’t my favourite. I’d rank the Vegas ones Love, Mystere, Zarkana, O, Ka, MJ and Zumanity. I actually liked La Reve which isn’t cirque better than O.

I’ve seen 5 of the travelling shows which were all better than zumanity, Ka and MJ imo.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
November 15th, 2018 at 8:42:42 PM permalink
I've seen about 7 Cirque shows, but not in many years. I saw Mystere first and was so impressed I saw the other 6 hoping they'd be similar. They're all different, and that's a plus. The travelling shows I thought duplicated Mystere to a lesser degree, which included Dralion, Saltimbanco and Alegria. Then I saw Ka, Zumanity, Love. Never saw O, but wanted to, it just never happened.

I liked Love, like Wizard said, there's no bad seat in the house. There's a lot going on, so pay attention.

None of them compared to Mystere though, in my opinion, but I saw that in 2002 or so. I'm sure it's changed over the years.

Cirque shows are pretty cool, so see them all!
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
November 15th, 2018 at 8:44:57 PM permalink

Also never liked the song Hey Jude, which, of course, they did.

I'm actually with you on this one, Wiz. When I made my trip to Mecca (Abbey Road Studios), the bandleader chose Hey Jude for us to do, and I argued for a different song, saying that Hey Jude was essentially a nursery rhyme. He countered that McCartney did all right with it and where was my #1 hit? Touché, but I still like most of McCartney's output better than that particular song, including Wings and solo material. Here's an example, a song most people have never heard of, from 1997's Flaming Pie album, that I think is superior to Hey Jude, though I'm well aware that my opinion is in the minority.

Quote: management

Link to video fixed

Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Nov 16, 2018
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
November 15th, 2018 at 10:09:52 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

I'm actually with you on this one, Wiz. When I made my trip to Mecca (Abbey Road Studios), the bandleader chose Hey Jude for us to do, and I argued for a different song, saying that Hey Jude was essentially a nursery rhyme. He countered that McCartney did all right with it and where was my #1 hit? Touché, but I still like most of McCartney's output better than that particular song, including Wings and solo material. Here's an example, a song most people have never heard of, from 1997's Flaming Pie album, that I think is superior to Hey Jude, though I'm well aware that my opinion is in the minority.

I get an error when I try to play the video.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
November 15th, 2018 at 10:20:32 PM permalink
Excuse my shameless advertisement, but if anyone wants tickets to that show(or other MGM shows) I can give them a big discount. Just PM me for details.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
billryan
billryan
November 16th, 2018 at 12:05:33 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Excuse my shameless advertisement, but if anyone wants tickets to that show(or other MGM shows) I can give them a big discount. Just PM me for details.

I'd love to see more shameless advertising like this. Communities work together. Some people here have too many comps, others are paying retail. Seems like mutually beneficial deals are out there.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 639
November 16th, 2018 at 6:23:20 AM permalink

whats the backstory of her?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
tringlomane
tringlomane
Thanked by
100xOdds
November 16th, 2018 at 6:57:45 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/casual-corner/10407-why-is-heyjude-still-single/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
tringlomane
November 16th, 2018 at 7:22:08 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I went to Love on discounted tickets from Axel, which I was very happy with. Second row. Tonight I'm seeing Cher through Axel tickets. Look for my review tomorrow.

This is your chance guys to score great tickets to any MGM/Mirage show at a discount.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 639
November 16th, 2018 at 8:22:25 PM permalink

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/casual-corner/10407-why-is-heyjude-still-single/

ahh.. thought she was a banned member, like Juicy Jenny
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 17th, 2018 at 7:28:05 AM permalink

ahh.. thought she was a banned member, like Juicy Jenny

America's most eligible bachelorette is welcome here anytime.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
November 17th, 2018 at 4:03:37 PM permalink

America's most eligible bachelorette is welcome here anytime.

Wiz, that is very welcoming of you ! It is good to be inclusive.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 17th, 2018 at 6:12:11 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Wiz, that is very welcoming of you ! It is good to be inclusive.

It is more out of affirmative action. We could use more women here.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
November 17th, 2018 at 6:17:31 PM permalink

It is more out of affirmative action. We could use more women here.

Hi. ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
  • Jump to: