billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 3rd, 2018 at 8:11:20 PM permalink
I get a letter( also an email) thanking me for my continued support of the LV 51s. It says they want to honor the season ticket holders as it's the last season at Cashman Center before they move to the new stadium. They ask if I will attend Friday's game and how many guests I'm bringing. I RSVP for two and never hear back.
Day of the game, I call and ask about tickets. Woman says she has my RSVP but knows nothing about tickets.
I call my ticket rep and get a voicemail saying he's on vacation and gives me another guy to call. That guy knows nothing about tickets for the event.Nor any plan to honor season ticket
My rep gets back and calls me. He knows nothing about the offer and offers me two tickets for a game this week.
Am I misunderstanding this whole thing. If someone invites you to an event and request you RSVP, wouldn't you think you are a guest, not a paying customer?

How do you change a thread title after posting?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
June 3rd, 2018 at 10:58:12 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I get a letter( also an email) thanking me for my continued support of the LV 51s. It says they want to honor the season ticket holders as it's the last season at Cashman Center before they move to the new stadium. They ask if I will attend Friday's game and how many guests I'm bringing. I RSVP for two and never hear back.
Day of the game, I call and ask about tickets. Woman says she has my RSVP but knows nothing about tickets.
I call my ticket rep and get a voicemail saying he's on vacation and gives me another guy to call. That guy knows nothing about tickets for the event.Nor any plan to honor season ticket
My rep gets back and calls me. He knows nothing about the offer and offers me two tickets for a game this week.
Am I misunderstanding this whole thing. If someone invites you to an event and request you RSVP, wouldn't you think you are a guest, not a paying customer?b

I'm going to put on my red flag alarm hat and say this seems like a scam. They seem like they are doing a variant of the "Runaround bait and switch," scam. They claim they are giving you a special RSVP tickets and then all of a sudden when you call about the RSVP they claim they don't know what you are talking about and the guy who claimed he was in charge of your RSVP ticket is "on vacation,". Then someone else claims he will get you free tickets. This stinks as bad as a fish that rot 5 days ago. :/

On a side note, an Admin can change the title for you. :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 3rd, 2018 at 11:54:44 PM permalink
I seriously doubt that the Las Vegas minor league baseball team would try to rip off season ticket holders.
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
June 4th, 2018 at 12:50:43 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

I seriously doubt that the Las Vegas minor league baseball team would try to rip off season ticket holders.

Not fielding a competitive team the last few years has been rip off enough.
When is Tebow getting here?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 4th, 2018 at 2:26:05 AM permalink

Day of the game, I call and ask about tickets. ?

Why did you call?
You have season tickets, you use them. They probably scheduled some sort of cake and coffee reception and wanted to know what the turnout would be or how much champagne to have on hand. It was not a separate event.
You just made a problem for yourself and frankly if no one knows anything about the event or tickets for it, then that answers your question Stop bugging people about it, show up and enjoy the game. IF there is a special "whatever" fine, if they changed their minds you will find out.

Calvin Ayre did something like this a decade ago. Sent invitation, sought RSVP... and then sent further information as to exact place and admission "code" and parking info a few hours before the event. Ridiculous planning. Ridiculous assumptions about his guests flexibility. These things happen.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 4th, 2018 at 8:32:33 AM permalink

Am I misunderstanding this whole thing. If someone invites you to an event and request you RSVP, wouldn't you think you are a guest, not a paying customer?

Going backwards. .. what do you want it to say? I will change it.

Without being able to read the exact phrasing of what you got, I would take it as:

You already purchased season tickets, so you have the admission covered, right? At least that's what they're assuming in what you said.

You said, yes, you'll be attending the game you already paid for, and they can expect you at their Season Ticket Holder event, held during/before/after somewhere on the grounds of the stadium.

Presumably the snacks/drinks/ will be complimentary, maybe you meet some players, get some tschotckes. (Love that word, can't spell it). They ask for the RSVP so they know how many they have to plan for.

You.show up to the game, letter and game/season tix in hand, friend with you. At the gate, you ask to be directed to the reception. They send you there.

Seems very uncomplicated to me. I could be missing something. Like, even though you bought season tickets, you don't have tickets? Is that what you're saying? Or you bought less than a full package that didn't include that game somehow?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 4th, 2018 at 8:34:39 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I'm going to put on my red flag alarm hat and say this seems like a scam. They seem like they are doing a variant of the "Runaround bait and switch," scam. They claim they are giving you a special RSVP tickets and then all of a sudden when you call about the RSVP they claim they don't know what you are talking about and the guy who claimed he was in charge of your RSVP ticket is "on vacation,". Then someone else claims he will get you free tickets. This stinks as bad as a fish that rot 5 days ago. :/

On a side note, an Admin can change the title for you. :)

Scam? Really? No. Strike.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
June 4th, 2018 at 8:57:16 AM permalink

RSVP = répondez s'il vous plaît= Please reply with a response.

They seemed to ask " Are you coming to the event, where you will be honored, possibly shmoozed with free food and extra access "

You are a season ticket holder? Doesn't that mean you don't need a basic admission ticket?

So far so easy to understand: They know you already have your ticket, don't they?

Then it gets more complex "Will you be coming? How many guests are you bringing along? RSVP" (I paraphrase)

Well, to me that implies they want to know how many people they need to cater for: How many complementary goody bags to make up: How many seats to set aside for 'honored supporter guests' I don't see how there is any suggestion that your guests would get basic tickets to the event. I'd expect they were proposing that your guests would pay for their own basic admission, but that being with you, they would get extra 'honor' along with you.

Mind you, I reckon they should have made it crystal clear, just as you should have clarified before turning up. Pity you couldn't get through.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 4th, 2018 at 8:59:43 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The use of the word "strike:" do you mean it as "strike one?"

If so, what will happen after three "strikes?"
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
June 4th, 2018 at 10:10:53 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

The use of the word "strike:" do you mean it as "strike one?"

If so, what will happen after three "strikes?"

Free ride to the corn field.
OnceDear
OnceDear
June 4th, 2018 at 12:52:29 PM permalink

Free ride to the corn field.

Where is this cornfield you keep mentioning? What happens to folk who go there? Are they ever seen again?
There was a cornfield outside the office where I used to work. A colleague stole a couple of corn cobs. Steamed them for hours and hours but they would not go tender. Apparently they were grown for cattle fodder.
Oh hum.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan
June 4th, 2018 at 1:04:32 PM permalink
Google is your friend.
OnceDear
OnceDear
June 4th, 2018 at 1:14:46 PM permalink
Urbandictionary.com is also my friend. Thanks.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cornfield
billryan
billryan
June 4th, 2018 at 1:24:34 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Urbandictionary.com is also my friend. Thanks.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cornfield

Time to up your game. It ain't easy being green.
OnceDear
OnceDear
June 4th, 2018 at 1:33:03 PM permalink

Time to up your game.

Everyone's a critic.
Quote:

It ain't easy being green.

Quite so.
$;o)
billryan
billryan
June 4th, 2018 at 1:44:27 PM permalink
That's why they are paying you the big bucks. Babs said she gets $125 an hour for consulting. What's the going price for a new mod?
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 4th, 2018 at 2:11:48 PM permalink

That's why they are paying you the big bucks. Babs said she gets $125 an hour for consulting. What's the going price for a new mod?

I can't confirm what Babs gets, but I get 20% more for being ( or at least pretending to be ) male.

$;o)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 4th, 2018 at 2:24:37 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I can't confirm what Babs gets, but I get 20% more for being ( or at least pretending to be ) male.

$;o)

Brilliant. Love it.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
June 4th, 2018 at 3:59:03 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I was saying I thought the OP was being scammed by the Runaround bait and switch. I was showing him sympathy.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
  • Jump to: