Wanderer
Wanderer
  • Threads: 19
March 20th, 2015 at 6:40:57 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: Wanderer

Quote: DRich

It is a beef tasting plate at SW in the Wynn. It includes 5 different high end types of beef (not all Kobe).

Link

Wow, this could be exactly what I'm looking for here. So I can get 2 oz. each of five different types of beef (two of which are Kobe and A5) for a total of 10 oz. for $280? I just need to request the "beef tasting plate"?

I don't remember what they called it, but "Beef tasting plate" is how I refer to it. I am sure that had some fancy name for it. if you just mention the five different steaks on one plate they will probably know what you are talking about.

Thanks.

I am a major fan of steak. I have been to a bunch of high-end steakhouses in LV, NYC and elsewhere. I have never tried Kobe or A5 and (at least once in my life) want to. I don't have to gorge on 20 ounces of either. I just want a good taste. So thanks very much for the heads up. I am leaving for LV on Sunday and am looking forward to SW.
Wanderer
Wanderer
  • Threads: 19
March 28th, 2015 at 2:58:01 PM permalink
Alright, so I'm back from my trip. Some notes:

1. Tried Kobe at SW. Only bought the minimum 4 ounces to sample it. It was awesome! Is it worth the price relative to USDA Prime? No. At least not for someone of modest means like myself. But for a one time sampling, I wasn't disappointed. Best quality I've had.

2. Watched LOVE at the Mirage. It was okay. Not as good as other Cirque shows, in my opinion.

3. On my way back, I ate at the Old Homestead at CP and bought a 16 oz. Prime ribeye. It was great!
  • Jump to: